What goodies have you bought for your Superb III?

37 minutes ago, Gwynalynne said:

Just fitted a full set of genuine mudflaps to my 2016 Superb estate, £48 from ebay, my 12 year old son fitted them!! Should help keep the car cleaner for longer! 

Serves me right for choosing Moon White!!!

Let us know how you go on with them!

54 minutes ago, Gwynalynne said:

IMG_0851.JPGJust fitted to my 2016 SE L Executive 190 estate. £49 from rearguards.co.uk Easy to fit, looks like it came that way from the factory. Used masking tape as a locating guide, then fastened it in place with the 3m tape supplied. Job done!

That looks good. I think black might work with my red sportline... what do you guys think?

2 hours ago, markmuddimer said:

That looks good. I think black might work with my red sportline... what do you guys think?

It does look good @Gwynalynne. I think it would look good on red too @markmuddimer.

Unfortunately, I don't think the black would work well with my silver - I wish they did a brushed steel version...

Edited by CheshireBumpkin
Typo

10 hours ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

It does look good @Gwynalynne. I think it would look good on red too @markmuddimer.

Unfortunately, I don't think the black would work well with my silver - I wish they did a brushed steel version...

They do have a stainless steel version as well - would post the link but can't get it to load at the moment

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Inoffski said:

They do have a stainless steel version as well - would post the link but can't get it to load at the moment

Thanks. They don't have one for the 2015> Superb estate in the 'true' stainless steel range, but it does look like they do silver and brushed alloy 'look' in the ABS range. I might drop them an email to see if they plan on introducing a steel one in the future....

• Like 1

Fitted my race chip throttle response unit yesterday only took 5 minutes  great bit of kit works a treat my 190 feels like a 190 now 

It has transformed the car drives much more like it should from factory not perfect but 95% better than standard overall im a happy camper worth the relatively small cost

• Like 3

In new developments, I believe that rearguards.co.uk can supply the following steel cover for the Superb Estate for £51.91 including VAT and delivery:

http://www.sklep.avisa.pl/product-pol-723-SKODA-SUPERB-3-KOMBI-Nakladka-listwa-ochronna-na-zderzak-tylny.html

I think I'll order one next week (you have to ring rearguards to order) - I'm not 100% sure about it, but it's not a huge cost and if I don't end up fitting it I'll just sell it on or Ebay it...

On 10/02/2017 at 14:43, Mon55 said:

I think there was a thread on here that I was before, but I don't remember this phone being on it so its a bit of a wait and see. I can let you know a week tomorrow all being well!

On 10/02/2017 at 14:09, Mon55 said:

My car has not yet been delivered but in preparation I've bought a Moto G4 Play purely to use with Android Auto (only £79 if anyone else is looking for a handset for the same purpose. 

(I use an iPhone as my actual mobile but like the option of having Google maps to get advance warning of traffic - particularly standing traffic on the motorway)

Also planning to get:
rubber floor mats
Sonax xtreme screenwash
Better dipped and main h7 bulbs - not sure which yet
Short USB cable for phone/s
iPad headrest mount
A boot liner of some description

On 10/02/2017 at 14:37, CheshireBumpkin said:

Is there a definitive list anywhere of Android phones that have been tested and confirmed as working with Android Auto and the Columbus?

Just to update to confirm Moto G4 Play works well for Android Auto purposes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, penguin17 said:

You been in prison then? :D

Way above my head sorry! Unless you're referring to the reg no? LLYFR is the welsh word for book...my wife is an author and this was a gift when her first set of books was published (unfortunately L1 wasn't avalilable).

Haven't been to prison yet!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Gwynalynne said:

Way above my head sorry! Unless you're referring to the reg no? LLYFR is the welsh word for book...my wife is an author and this was a gift when her first set of books was published (unfortunately L1 wasn't avalilable).

Haven't been to prison yet!

LII YFR = Lifer, or someone serving a life sentence.  Sorry...poor humor. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, markmuddimer said:

seriously considering the black skoda badges now and looking forward to seeing folk putting the exhaust trims on there 220s with the open defuser. The chrome rear defuser is not really doing it for me.

Here are the badges I bought from ebay . The superskoda ones were silly money i thought!

20170221_215634.jpg

Agreed on the rear diffuser, the fake trims are starting to bug me too, would like to fit the proper 280 Tsi rear diffuser and rear exhaust boxes .

Edited by SportlineBri

13 minutes ago, SportlineBri said:

Here are the badges I bought from ebay . The superskoda ones were silly money i thought!

20170221_215634.jpgTha

Agreed on the rear diffuser, the fake trims are starting to bug me too, would like to fit the proper 280 Tsi rear diffuser and rear exhaust boxes .

Thank for that. Drop me the name of the seller... Yes Superskoda want 40 euro each... Ouch! Will see what other folk are doing before I change the diffuser as I am not one for experimenting but I do like to see traditional pipes at the back of my motor.

23 minutes ago, markmuddimer said:

Thank for that. Drop me the name of the seller... Yes Superskoda want 40 euro each... Ouch! Will see what other folk are doing before I change the diffuser as I am not one for experimenting but I do like to see traditional pipes at the back of my motor.

No problom,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261960137761?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Note you want the 90 mm badges , contact the seller and ask for the 90 mm badges and they will send you a link to purchase. 

Changing the diffuser will probably be the easiest part , it's altering the exhaust to exit as per the 280 that's going to be the the ball ache .

The oem way would be to buy the twin 280 rear boxes and y piece back to a joint hopefully mid way back on the system . Expensive!!

If the  genuine tailpipe trims can be bought separately a good exhaust manufacturing place ( powerflow for example ) would be able to fabricate the pipework to oem spec I'm sure.

Edited by SportlineBri
  • Like 1

Autbulbs Direct seem to be taking a while to restock the LED reversing bulbs I was after:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-Twenty20-Cree-LED-12V-P21W-Canbus-Bayonet-Bulb.html

So I bought from eBay instead:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152429681125?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Good service from seller (so far) but I can't vouch for their performance.  When comparing the amber/indicator bulbs from ABD (same URL as above) to the ones I received from eBay, physically they appear identical so are highly likely to be from the same manufacturer.  

Rezaw bootliner liner has arrived.  Usual great service and product from Roofbox Company.   

I also got some GTechnic I1 Smart fabric to protect the alcantara seats and door card inserts on the Sportline:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401184532642?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just need to take delivery of the car now :D

• Like 1

Mudflaps are in the shed awaiting suitable time for me to fit them (just started as a self employed Mortgage and Protection Broker and not had a minutes rest!!) and boot mat (the double sided one) arrived yesterday http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231821162753?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

Well I took a punt the other day and bought the RaceChip Response Control unit for my 190 DSG L&K. Like a few others on here I was pretty frustrated with the lag and general sluggishness of the car but gave up just thinking it was the way the car was.

I installed it today ... and man what a transformation!!!

I now feel like I have the car I originally wanted.

Can I just say a big thanks to BillyJim, Windscreenman and Rainmaker for your comments on here about this unit. Absolutely top stuff! Can't tell you how chuffed I am with my motor now!  :-D

• Like 2

Has anybody got a decent set of rubber mats? I travel between construction sites on a day to day basis and short of wearing overshoes or cleaning the mats every 5 mins I could do with a decent set certainly for the driver's side.