Exhaust on 220 tsi

Hello,

Very newbie here, i have a new Skoda Superb III 220 ps with DSG and its the SE L Executive Hatch with extras, Kessy, ambient lighting, virtual pedal and back windscreen wiper on order.

I have looked around web and watching loads of reviews etc, and the car i have chosen i think is lovely, and was great in a test drive, it should be ready in build week 8.

Now to my question and i hope this is in right section.

i have noticed the superb sometimes has the chrome exhaust tips but pretty sure the new 2017 220 ps tsi engine doesn't have those tips??

does anyone know different and has anyone put their own exhaust tips on??

was thinking about just putting some curve black tips or something if it hasn't got them.

also interested in the led upgrades i see some members have done.

this is my first Skoda, hope i won't regret it lol

:-)

Edited by flogdnaloop

hmmm looks like i did post wrong place, sorry.

Didn't realise that there had already been a question about this.

so tempted with curved exhaust trims, maybe quad pipes too.

or would it look stupid??

thanks for replys guys :-)

Edited by flogdnaloop

14 minutes ago, freelunch said:

The 220 doesn't have exhaust tips showing, but it does have a chrome exhaust-like detail where exhaust tips might be. So, probably "stupid", unless you modify the rear bumper.

Trim.JPG

For non-280PS engines, only the Sportline has the chrome rear diffuser (unless retrofitted).  All other models have a plain black diffuser with non-visible turned down exhausts.

yeh thought this was the case, shame really.

you would think the 220 SE L Executive would have some detail.

hmmm so looking for ideas to make it look a bit nicer.

guess this would look silly below bumper???

3-1-Inlet-universal-Titanium-black-double-exhaust-pipe-Exhaust-Tail-Muffler-Tip-Pipe-Stainless-Steel.jpg_220x220.jpg

I'd be worried about grounding it.

I didn't realise all Superbs didn't have the same bumper. Frankly, I hadn't done a lot of research into model variations, I just bought the sales manager's car. Instant gratification!

• 7 months later...

I have new Superb Combi MY18 140kw TDI (Lava Blue, I'm new car owner this is my first car so please go easy on me ^^ and my crazy ideas) and I can't stand no exhaust so I'm wondering if the new bumper can be purchased some where? With the chrome tips on bottom around exhaust like pic above for 220 version. But figured with my color that may be a problem heh.

I was even thinking to get some one to cut original tips (well not tips, exhaust it self) from exhaust and re-weld straight pipe. Then I would cut bottom part so it would look something like Audi A4/A6 and other VW brands have. I just want that the exhaust is visible, even if only on one side. Hate that newer Skoda's have it turned down into ground. I know I'm over reacting a bit ^^

But I figured that's crazy idea (cutting) so I would settle for something original since I found this topic and realized bottom part of bumper can be changed. So now I'm wondering where could I get this part? Maybe from some original parts store?
I'm from Slovenia though

6 hours ago, MartiniB said:

@JackySi

don't think you will be happy with fake chrome strips :)

I get that they look fake and all. But its still better than totally black thing. Chrome adds some nice looks to it, at least when I saw Sport line in life, to me it was amazing addition to black car with lots of chrome all around (I have Style version exactly for this purpose as well - not sportline which is all black). I also have Lava blue maybe that's why Chrome addons look better? I wouldn't look at this as "exhaust" pipes though. 

I'd love to get custom exhaust done but I don't have skills to do that and I can't even find a spoiler for the bumper with single hole for one exhaust tip (unless I mount ones from Skoda Octavia RS but then one side will be empty?). I don't know what to do to be honest. 

1 hour ago, JR RS said:

Superskoda used to have it listed, I don't see it anymore now - either out of stock or some issues with it.

I'm keen on getting them too.

Saw that some where yeah! But as you mentioned, they took them off. Maybe plastic was bad no idea.

1 hour ago, JackySi said:

Saw that some where yeah! But as you mentioned, they took them off. Maybe plastic was bad no idea.

there is this option too - https://www.skodaautoteile.de/shop/superb-iii/außenausstattung/#cc-m-product-13014199736

but at 390 euro just for chrome strips - no thanks!!!!

they'll probably charge another 200 euro just to ship to australia!!

4 minutes ago, JR RS said:

there is this option too - https://www.skodaautoteile.de/shop/superb-iii/außenausstattung/#cc-m-product-13014199736

but at 390 euro just for chrome strips - no thanks!!!!

they'll probably charge another 200 euro just to ship to australia!!

Okay I'm not ready to pay that either. That's very expensive. Even if its ALU which I presume it is =/