LATEST MAP DOWNLOAD

1 hour ago, Ashmount said:

I think over 32GBMb Windows requires you should use ExFAT for formatting.

32GB :) What size does the infotainment support as the max?

On the older systems, page 30 of the manual says that SD cards and USB sticks can be formatted as FAT16, VFAT, FAT32, exFAT and NTFS. Without some tweaks you cannot format as NTFS in a Mac but exFAT is fine. Latest (Bolero, Amundsen and Columbus) seem to have dropped VFAT (page 159 of the PDF version of the manual) but exFAT still okay.

32Mb...oops :blush:

I'm winging here, but I think 64Gb is fine in the system, but should use exFAT.

I've read a score of threads on updating maps from a Mac  and that was certainly in one of them. 

I tried a bunch of permutations to get a workable solution, but @blueSup's approach is neater. If both my approach and @blueSup's didn't work, for @Finchbee then perhaps its a formatting issue- hence my question on the size of card.

Grasping at straws here... :sadsmile:

By following Ashmount's instructions and ensuring that there really were no other files on my 64Gb card using "clean my drive" I finally got my SatNav to update this weekend - it took about 40 minutes and I did it whilst driving. Of course the next update is due in November ! but at least I now know how to do it. It really should be easier than they make it.

Thanks, I tried a different 32gb USB stick and the terminal process seemed to have it cleaned up enough as the Maps then updated in the car.

SD Card is in the bin !

I appreciate the valuable support provided by this forum’s members.

3 hours ago, rutterfordharvey said:

By following Ashmount's instructions and ensuring that there really were no other files on my 64Gb card using "clean my drive" I finally got my SatNav to update this weekend - it took about 40 minutes and I did it whilst driving. Of course the next update is due in November ! but at least I now know how to do it. It really should be easier than they make it.

Pleased you got this to work. :)

In November I'm going to try the terminal process as its less cumbersome, but its always good to have more than one approach.

Here's hoping...

Ash

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MartiniB said:

Hi, @MartiniB

Downloaded the EC 2018 file on your link.

I also went unto the update portal and put in my VIN to see if there were any other software upgrades. The info for maps  came up showing ECE 2017/18 maps as 'current',(I have these loaded) although the 'next update' message had changed from November to May, so I'm assuming there is some change. I'm also assuming using the 2018 maps in the link will work just fine?

Thanks

Ash

As an addendum to my last post for Mac users, I used the following much simplified method for the SD card to make things run smoothly.

• Format 32 GB card in disc utility using FAT 32 ( if you have a camera, formatting the card in that will usually default to FAT 32)
  • downloaded the map files and unzipped to a folder on my Desktop.
  • Copy the following files only to your SD card metainfo2.txt, and the two folders called Mib1 and  Mib2 
  • At this point I didn’t use the ‘Terminal method ‘ discussed in the above threads. I used Cleanmy Drive utility, ( free and a good addition for your Mac) which identified junk files and deleted them. 
  • ejected card and update worked perfectly. I have a fast SD card and update took around 25 mins.

5 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

interesting how?!

http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en/Updates/

still offers ECE 2017/2018

also i don't download trough exe method

What do you mean by interesting how?  I downloaded a map update in June, which was no more updated than before, roads etc still missing. I then downloaded your link this morning....they are both the same.  So what is the exact link for the 2018 maps?

7 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

only one number is changed

new ...P166_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT.7z - ECE 2018

old .. . P161_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT.7z - ECE 2017-2018

So how come from the Skoda portal, the only one on offer is P161......do you have a direct link to this P166 one?

1 hour ago, albertz10 said:

ok I will try it out thanks

2 hours ago, MartiniB said:

last line in quoted tread is direct link

The dates on this file are identical to the one I downloaded in July......this is not an update. 

6 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

how do you think, why did i add lines "publicated:" and "Files inside:" in post?

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/440808-columbus-map-update/

just check out version in your system

new:

171113_02.thumb.jpg.76e3d61e21dd8afea875f71ea570911a.jpg

previous:

171113_01.thumb.jpg.f615ff542c18669c127f33d0444a00f1.jpg

+ 1

I downloaded the files in @MartiniB's link and updated from 161 to 166 as your screenshots show. Maps were showing 2017/18  now 2018.