Fluid Levels after Full Service

Hi. Just had a full service and unlike on previous services, the coolant and oil is sitting between min and max.  Typically, these have both been at the max level after a service.  Should I feel ripped off, or is this typical and I was just lucky before?  I was charged for 4.6 litres of oil.  Thank you.

Edited by BlackMesaUK

The coolant is fine between MIN & MAX,  but how do you normally check and top up your oil,  Cold dips or the Normal Operating Temperature checks. or both?

VW 504 00 5w 30 FS Long Life for Variable or Fixed Services, & VW 502 00 5w 40 for Fixed Servicing, 

Where was the service done?  

I would be asking why 10w 40 was used.

The engine was warm, but not up to temp when I checked.  They used Fuchs TITAN SYN MC 10W-40 oil, which apparently meets VW 502 00 specification, so I'm assuming I'll be okay for another 10'000 miles?  Cheers!