R32 Brakes Fabia VRS Mk1

Hi,

Currently have the option of an R32 front brake set up to put on my mk1 vrs, I would be coming from the 288mm standard brake set up. Does anyone have any previous experience with the R32 brake set up, is it possible that the servo/master cylinder would not be able to cope with the size of the brakes? Would there be excess pedal travel?

I would be doing a full fluid flush and replacing it with DOT 5.1 racing brake fluid (if) when I put the R32 front brakes on

Cheers for any help

I was talking about the mk4 r32 front set up? I'm sure the discs on these are 334mm? I have 17" spiders which I'm pretty sure fit 

If not then does the mk4 r32 set up still fit the mk2 fabia? 

19 minutes ago, ConorVRS said:

I was talking about the mk4 r32 front set up? I'm sure the discs on these are 334mm? I have 17" spiders which I'm pretty sure fit 

If not then does the mk4 r32 set up still fit the mk2 fabia? 

the 334mm twinpot Mk4 R32 setup fit right on the mk2 fabia no problems thats what i want them for

3 hours ago, thomasaspin said:

I'm sure the standard vrs brakes are 312 mm on my fabia mk2 vrs so you could buy mine ? mine are uprated EBC grooved disks and performance pads

Pretty sure there 288mm just like the mk1 vrs.

going above 312mm you are better of getting Seat Ibiza 4pot brembos as these brake better & are lighter....reducing unsprung weight & restoring steering feel...

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone needs a 312mm setup give me a shout ... got a sets in my garage due to removing from the Wife's vRS before I sell it.  Will put up a sale post later on.

• 1 month later...

Not the best photo, but just to clarify - MK4 R32 brakes are a direct fit and clear my 17" spiders with no spacers. You will need to use the R32 brake lines though, and it won't fit in the standard bracket so you will need to secure them some other way. 

18362312_1409847799037936_641282008_o.jpg

On 27/03/2017 at 15:39, Mr OCD said:

If anyone needs a 312mm setup give me a shout ... got a sets in my garage due to removing from the Wife's vRS before I sell it.  Will put up a sale post later on.

You won't be able to unless you have signed up to Freedom Membership ;)

• Like 2

On 2017-5-8 at 20:03, ConorVRS said:

Not the best photo, but just to clarify - MK4 R32 brakes are a direct fit and clear my 17" spiders with no spacers. You will need to use the R32 brake lines though, and it won't fit in the standard bracket so you will need to secure them some other way. 

18362312_1409847799037936_641282008_o.jpg

Is that disc the wrong way round?