Gizmo68 Superb L&K MKIII

Gizmo

Thought it was time to do my latest project thread.

As many will know I am no stranger to the Superb having owned 3 previously:

My 1st was a MKI (2004) Comfort PD130 finished in Deep Sea Blue, which I actually refrained from modifying ...well OK I upgraded the bulbs and fitted a better seat (as I needed better lumbar support) this was a big step up from the 2001 Octavia Elegance it replaced:  

2004 Superb Comfort

This went when I ordered my 1st brand new car... 2010 MKII Superb Estate 170 Elegance in Aqua Blue, only mods done were a 3 spoke vRS steering wheel and all bulbs changed to LED’s:

DSC01198

3 ½ years later I p/x’d it for a ‘cheap knacker’ as I was only doing 50 ,miles per week maximum, this turned out to be far from a knacker:

2006 MKI Superb Edition 100 130PD:

Modification / refinements

Edition 100

Now to the point of this thread, another change of jobs meant the Edition 100 was doing 20K PA, so I decided I needed :D another brand new car.....

Edited by Gizmo
Photobucket photos replaced

I had the car booked into KDS at Gillingham to have the Gtechniq Crystal Serum applied:

After 1

After 4After 5

This process is not cheap but 17 months on and I have no regrets with it at all

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Only took me 18 months to do this subtle mod...

From a std L&K wheel:

IMG_1289

To a FBSW from a vRS (c/w vRS badge that I was never happy with):

IMG_1335

To this (sans vRS badge):

IMG_2608

IMO this looks better than my 1st choice which was to go for the shorter trim to fit the FBSW (some 3M carbon vinyl that I had sitting around for the last 3 years :blush:

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, john999boy said:

It's something a bit better looking but very similar to that. :thumbup:

Actually MUCH better looking (IMO) and MUCH better specced! 

Oh and f**kin’ quick 😮

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

My Superb Sportline is not for sale though.:tongueout:

Its got a fair few more ponies than your Superb! 😂

and LOADS more toys 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Its got a fair few more ponies than your Superb! 😂

and LOADS more toys 😜

If it was a McLaren P1 or a La Ferrari I wouldn't be jealous honest, that's why I drive a Skoda because no one expects it to do 160mph.......so quickly. Happy that your leaving the land of oil burners and joining us petrolheads.

On 15/08/2020 at 21:47, shyVRS245 said:

Happy that your leaving the land of oil burners and joining us petrolheads.

Only partly... 

Todays purchase is my toy / work shed / old age crisis:

C9DFF757-188A-44B4-A817-24DF4F96B95C.thumb.jpeg.66f1a7211d2c2e0dd0ec85623bbd0ca4.jpeg

High spec E93 335i cabriolet 😂

The main car that will be the family car (and will also replace SWMBO’s Leaf as well as my L&K) is a Polestar 2... 400bhp 4x4 EV with more toys than you can shake a stick at. 

Edited by Gizmo

Hope the BMW is reliable my next door neighbour bought one also a convertible and eventually sold it because the repair bills cost more than the car but it looked nice when it was working. EV's not my thing and see plenty of Tesla's plodding up and down the motorway but at least your road tax bill will be zero.

Time will tell, it looks pretty well cared for with loads of receipts and history, it will only do a few thousand miles PA. 

TBH I am hooked on the EV, what’s not to like, instant power, grip, toys and built quality. 

Pondered over the Model 3 / ID.3 but neither of them cut it compared to the L&K, the Polestar is actually slightly higher spec than the L&K... which it needs to be as it’s an awesome car and one I will miss when it goes. 

7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Time will tell, it looks pretty well cared for with loads of receipts and history, it will only do a few thousand miles PA. 

TBH I am hooked on the EV, what’s not to like, instant power, grip, toys and built quality. 

Pondered over the Model 3 / ID.3 but neither of them cut it compared to the L&K, the Polestar is actually slightly higher spec than the L&K... which it needs to be as it’s an awesome car and one I will miss when it goes. 

Not keen on two numbers. Starting price is £49,900 and it weighs 2,123kg (500kg heavier than my 360bhp £24,000 Skoda).

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Not keen on two numbers. Starting price is £49,900 and it weighs 2,123kg (500kg heavier than my 360bhp £24,000 Skoda).

It’s only when you drive a better class of car you look further than the numbers and appreciate it for what it is.

Great choice Martin, Was half tempted with an iPace but it looked odd. Polestars look fantastic, I think I might actually be a little envious Lol

Edited by B33fy
  • Like 1