Show Us Your Rear Diffuser For VRS Combi

Cheers @BATVANVRS, will look into the boot protectors. Glad Online Autosport helped you out, look forward to seeing the pics. My 'Moon white' car is now also 'Dirty AF' (like @Jaco2k's), so will get it cleaned up and put a few pics up - especially once I've got the new mudguards fitted. Should create a project thread soon, as the Eibach pro-kit, spacers, and Stage 1 are going on this half of the year...

@Ant-Vrs - been following your project thread; looks epic, mate (few pics on the VRS Faceballs groups as well). Quick Q - when you remove the rear deflector, have you replaced the gap with anything?

@dhvrs - The TDI version requires that extra pipe, which is a secondary exhaust gas vent. This connects it to the (fake) exhaust outlet on the left hand side. I believe the main purpose of it is to direct the hot exhaust gases away from the underside of the diffuser, which could potentially warp the plastic. Up to the buyer if they choose it, but I'd say it's a fairly essential piece of kit if you don't want to spoil a £150+ bodykit piece :)

Edited by Ads230
  • Like 1

Order placed on Wednesday & received this morning from Ian @ On-Line Auto Sport shop - eBay opened package & all seems perfect :thumbup:so hopefully the weather will be nice over the weekend ready to fit, will take some pictures, before Rieger diffuser & after Rieger diffuser installed, also purchased on last Thursday a square rear number plate which I've fitted already & looks much better B) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

Order placed on Wednesday & received this morning from Ian @ On-Line Auto Sport shop - eBay opened package & all seems perfect :thumbup:so hopefully the weather will be nice over the weekend ready to fit, will take some pictures, before Rieger diffuser & after Rieger diffuser installed, also purchased on last Thursday a square rear number plate which I've fitted already & looks much better B) 

Take plenty of pictures, really considering one for my Blue VRS :D

3 minutes ago, StuFan said:

Take plenty of pictures, really considering one for my Blue VRS :D

Just pull the trigger already - it is totally worth it and to be honest, pics really don't do it justice - I got sold when i first saw it live.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ant-Vrs said:

This is mine yesterday afternoon . I hope it's worked today

Please make more pics later- it was hard to tell from SuperSkoda site how it looks in real life ;)

BTW, is it legal to remove those reflectors from the rear?

51 minutes ago, Jaco2k said:

Please make more pics later- it was hard to tell from SuperSkoda site how it looks in real life ;)

BTW, is it legal to remove those reflectors from the rear?

I will do. The superskoda pictures wasn't the best but I wanted to get rid of the reflector. They're reflectors on the rear lamps plus if they can't see a big white estate car parked up then they shouldn't be driving lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, encephalopathy said:

can you tell me where you bought the rear 2 line number plate from? interested in changing mine to this

thanks!

I always buy my plates for my cars from Alan on eBay (NENNP) also known as (Plate Services GB) 100% perfect service from him :thumbup:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222228521021

Ebay item No: 222228521021

The size is 11 x 8 as it is a standard British size plate used on trailers & Land Rovers (so you shouldn't really get any unwanted bother from the sweeney) :D be careful if you purchase a 12 x 6 (USA import size) or a 13 x 7 (Jap import size) as you are not fitting it to those mentioned vehicles & could possibly get you in unwanted bother, but it's down to the good cop bad cop routine if that is unfortunate to happen.

The 12 x 6 will fit better thou, where as the 11 x 8 is just to short to meet up with the rear screw holes (few mil each side short) so I used a clear protection film to cover the screw holes (so they won't get rusty) & then used 2 x 5cm double sided tape either side of the screw holes to stick the plate on, which looks a lot neater & cleaner compared to the screw holes. B)

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 22:21, BATVANVRS said:

So today me & a friend went about fitting the Rieger rear diffuser B) & it was quite a simple job :thumbup: no jack needed, I did re-watch the Hollowman YouTube video just to refresh my brain "on how to fit/install it" the Rieger diffuser completely changes the look of the vRS & 100% agree with @Jaco2k that you do really need to see it in the flesh B) as pictures can't really show how much better it actually looks.

IMG_0155.JPG

@BATVANVRS - looks great, mate. I agree that the gloss version looks epic on the blue cars.

I was under mine yesterday fitting some mudflaps after a recent trip to the Cotswolds where it looked like the sills had been involved in some hefty AWD-trials course after 2 days in country lanes. The matte black held up well though; I'll get some pics of the matte version sorted once I've finally taken the remaining sticker smudge off the back.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, VRS230 said:

@BATVANVRS Have you got some pics from underneath regarding these clips?

I'm dropping mine into the garage to do and any guidance I can give them will be appreciated :)

@VRS230 I will quickly take a few pictures now for you :thumbup: you will need a couple of this speed fasteners (picture below the gold clip) 1 either side of the end of the bumper (closest to the rear wheel arches)

SPEED-FASTENERS-U-NUTS-NO10-POZI-FLANGED.jpg

Edit:

Other than that, it really is simple to fit/job, everything comes in the box, all the screws, black round plugs etc...

The instructions are actually very decent, easy to work out & not like Ikea instructions :D If you get any probs just post in this thread & I will do my best to help you out :thumbup:

Edited by BATVANVRS