Strange Noise DMF or Clutch Release Bearing

Neilopafc

Hello,

Not having much luck with the yeti luckily still under warranty from the garage we bought it from who are being very good so far. This noise started yesterday, so guessing DMF or clutch release bearing by the sounds of it. Noise goes away with clutch peddle pressed to the floor. Taking it back in on wednesday for them to sort out. Video of the noise below. 

Edited by Neilopafc

My money is on a failed clutch spring thing too.  Had it go on mine, but it didn't make a noise like that.  As it failed it chewed a nice ring in the gearbox casing, cutting through the clutch slave cylinder feed, before breaking off completely and puncturing a hole in the gearbox case.  That let out half the oil, and meant I needed a new clutch, DMF, clutch slave and the gearbox casing repairing.

Skoda didn't want anything to do with it, even though it was clearly cause by a faulty part in the clutch (this is less than 1 year out of warranty, and about 36k on the clock).

Get it looked at ASAP before it does proper damage..

Andy

When mine went it made a noise very like that.  Luckily mine never fully failed, but was diagnosed when I sent it in to investigate the noise.  There was enough damage to the bell housing though that it needed a new gearbox.

Hello Everyone, 

On Wednesday the garage tried to fob me off with it must be the DMF and this wouldn't be covered under warranty but they would cover the labour if i paid of the part, i was like hmmm, i think it might be a better idea to actually diagnose the problem so they actually started taking things apart and identified it was a Clutch Cover Plate? so this is a mechanical failure and they are replacing the clutch etc under warranty now and picking car up tomorrow :-)  

• Like 1

Well got the yeti back on saturday, all seemed ok and then clutch judder like you wouldnt believe when pulling away in first and reverse. Contacted the dealer today who has agreed for me to return the car to them and they have our old ( well newer than the yeti) Juke in stock still so will do a straight swap back to our previous car. Will be on the look out for a good Yeti again soon as it is a car we really want just looks like we have had a lemon :-( 

Sorry to say sounds like mine when clutch pressure plate failed - as mentioned above this can also do serious damage to the front of the gearbox casing. When mine went the noise was only really noticed outside the car. Really thankful had taken extended warranty. Skoda did make a contribution too as it seems to be a known issue

Broken Pressure Plate 1.jpg

Damaged Bell Housing 1.jpg