My VRS

39 minutes ago, Phillis18 said:

Looks great! I've got a fabia Monte Carlo at the, but picking up my first Octavia vRS estate next Saturday and I can't wait! I've gone for the dsg gearbox. What's people's thoughts on the box? 

I like the DSG. It's my first auto (petrol vrs) but it's fantastic for my commute.

Not quite as telepathic as I'd like, but you can use full manual (paddles / tiptronic) for that!

Love the DSG farts on full throttle upshifts too!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Phillis18 said:

Looks great! I've got a fabia Monte Carlo at the, but picking up my first Octavia vRS estate next Saturday and I can't wait! I've gone for the dsg gearbox. What's people's thoughts on the box? 

Welcome to the forum.

I picked up my 2014 vRS tdi with DSG three weeks ago and I think the DSG box takes only a little getting used to but is great for easy motoring. I like the coasting feature when the car is set up for economy and the changes up and down are quick and seamless. It's also smart as it can tell when you are going up or down hill and selects an appropriate gear. I also find even in normal mode it changes to higher gears sooner than if I was driving a manual but with plenty of torque and a quick kick down this isn't an issue. 

Hill hold is good and comes as standard with the DSG box.

I'm not too keen on the start stop at busy junctions although it's quick to restart, I normally turn it off straight away.

I've just swapped from a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV with a CVT box which is quite a different experience, the engine though very quiet just revved away and the speed increased seamlessly. The economy was around 30 to 35 mpg after the battery ran out (20 to 25 miles) so the vRS is much quicker and more economic with a bigger boot space in the estate.

I hope you enjoy your car as much as  I have my one.

Regards Jason

• Like 1

Thank you! Mines a 2014 as well. Have always wanted one and can now finally afford/justify buying one haha! Have test driven it twice and am already used to the dsg box. This next week is going to drag that's for sure! Will miss my fabia but I think this will quickly steal my heart! 

13 hours ago, Phillis18 said:

FWIW we have 3 cars, all with DSG & are now looking to replace the oldest, cn't decide just what to buy but it will have a DSG tranny!

We feel that DSG adds to the fun, when we feel inclined to enjoy ourselves but it also takes all the effort / drudge out of "normal" driving on our often busy roads.

HTH, DC.

• Like 1

So today I had some free time.

Removed the Skoda and Octavia badges.

Also found some old plasti dip and done the rear badge Matt black. Will most likely need to do again as the weather went ****. 

Still not not sure if a will keep the VRS badge on or if a will do the Matt black also.

ohhh does anyone have a guide to remove the front grill??? :biggrin:

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

The grille is plastic welded to the bumper, so not easily removed - crazy design. :dull:

The surround can be removed by breaking the clips, then the new one clips back in, if you were thinking of painting or changing it.

Yea a read this after posting about it. Sucks! 

Going to try my best at plasti dipping it this weekend. 

Lots of masking and take my time. 

If it doesn't work out a will buy the black surround. 

14 hours ago, Ryandel said:

So today I had some free time.

Removed the Skoda and Octavia badges.

Also found some old plasti dip and done the rear badge Matt black. Will most likely need to do again as the weather went ****. 

Still not not sure if a will keep the VRS badge on or if a will do the Matt black also.

ohhh does anyone have a guide to remove the front grill??? :biggrin:

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

Oh how I like the bare arse look

So today I fitted some rear mud gruards and a black magic grill surround. 

Just need to get that front badge blacked out then decide what am doing about the VRS badges. 

Also so waiting on some coilovers to get a nice stance. Also on a wheel hunt. B)

IMG_1380.JPG

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1387.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We bit of a update then.

Plasti dipped the Skoda badge on the bonnet and both VRS badges. Will probs need to redo the VRS badges.

Put on some gel risen number plates. (A like the look of them)

And also got some ST coilovers from DMP performance.

These should be going on next week I hope.

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1455.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting to get my coilovers on.

Still looking for wheels.

Done some photoshop, probs wouldn't be as low as this. 

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1562.PNG

IMG_1580.JPG

9 minutes ago, Ryandel said:

Still waiting to get my coilovers on.

Still looking for wheels.

Done some photoshop, probs wouldn't be as low as this. 

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1562.PNG

IMG_1580.JPG

Second pic for me. 

Stay with the OEM Wheels Ryan...

Hurry up and get the coils fitted :D 

Edited by Guest