Traffic Jam Assist

According to the website, all Oz-Spec Superbs with the "Tech Pack" comes with traffic jam assist which I understand not only starts/stops in traffic but also steers.  So far I have not yet seemed to get this to work though... Can someone with this feature tell if it indicates when its active? - I assumed that the lane departure warning light would be green to indicate that it can detect the road markings, but i find mine always stays orange when below 65kph.

I can't find anywhere to turn this setting on or off... I have been using it with lane assist switched on and engaging the cruise control.  I know you have to pull the lever towards you when traffic moves etc, but i just haven't noticed it trying to steer at all.

My car is factory fitted with ACC and DSG - I´ve enabled Lane Assist myself. It steers by itself, also below 65 kph. And yes, your are right, the Lane Assist icon is green when doing so. I can´t help you on what coding needs to be done - mine just worked like that after I enabled Lane Assist.

• Like 1

According to the latest manual (Nov 2016) lane assist is only active from 65kmh and above. I use my traffic jam assist every day in the bump and grind on the M1 into Brisbane. If the vehicle is stopped for more than a few seconds, you have to either touch the accelerator or pull back on the lever to start moving forward again. Will check tomorrow if mine activates the lane assist below 65kmh and report back.

• Like 1

Mine steers itself at low speeds as well. But when speed exceeds 15/20 kph there "take over steering" comes after a few seconds.

Well, after struggling through the peak hour traffic to and from work today, I can confirm the following.

With ACC switch on and engaged in traffic jam mode, the lane assist was switched on (orange indication) but would not self steer until I reached 65kph. Then the lane assist indication switched to green and self steer became active. The traffic stop start between Brisbane and the Gold Coast went on for over 1hour, so there was plenty of time to test the system over and over. 

Bottom line, no self steer until you reach 65kph or over in the Aussie spec Superb.

12 hours ago, Andysuew said:

Well, after struggling through the peak hour traffic to and from work today, I can confirm the following.

With ACC switch on and engaged in traffic jam mode, the lane assist was switched on (orange indication) but would not self steer until I reached 65kph. Then the lane assist indication switched to green and self steer became active. The traffic stop start between Brisbane and the Gold Coast went on for over 1hour, so there was plenty of time to test the system over and over. 

Bottom line, no self steer until you reach 65kph or over in the Aussie spec Superb.

Hi Andysuew,

I live in Brisbane and also ACC and lane assist. my car, if it can see the road markings, allows auto steer below 65 with Traffic jam assist on. the lane assist lights up green and stays illuminated even when the vehicle is stationary past 3 seconds. when i pull the stalk or touch the throttle the car takes off and steers until 10-12 kmh or 10 secs whichever comes first

thanks Heath

Traffic jam assist will autosteer below 65 if:

1. You have ACC engaged
  2. You have lane assist engaged
  3. Lanes on the road are wide enough

I use it every day and sometimes lane assist will engage at below 65, sometimes not depending on the lanes. When it engages, it is a bliss though ;)

• 1 month later...

My car just got updated with the Traffic Jam software. It is totally awesome, the lane keeping is a lot more "active" than before, it will provide a lot more guidance if you activate both ACC and Lane Keeping Assist. Nearly to the point of autonomous driving. I drove about 50km of highway driving in peak hour traffic with little or no intervention. Very impressed with the feature. 
Once ACC & Lane Keeping Assist is activated. The Lane keeping assist icon should stay green regardless of speed (providing it can detect lanes).

I had to talk to Skoda's dealer technician and he had no clue of TJA feature until I pointed it out in the brochure and then he had to call Skoda Australia to find out what is going on.
Then I got a phone call from the dealer's technician the next day and said that Skoda Australia confirmed there's a fault with the current software where TJA is not working. So thats why he asked me to take the car in for a software update and also there's an active recall regarding rear trim that needs fixing. 

I will suggest anyone with TJA, if it is not working (i.e. not having green light under 65km/h while ACC is active) to contact their dealer and explain to them.

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 09:40, cyberkank said:

My car just got updated with the Traffic Jam software. It is totally awesome, the lane keeping is a lot more "active" than before, it will provide a lot more guidance if you activate both ACC and Lane Keeping Assist. Nearly to the point of autonomous driving. I drove about 50km of highway driving in peak hour traffic with little or no intervention. Very impressed with the feature. 
Once ACC & Lane Keeping Assist is activated. The Lane keeping assist icon should stay green regardless of speed (providing it can detect lanes).

I had to talk to Skoda's dealer technician and he had no clue of TJA feature until I pointed it out in the brochure and then he had to call Skoda Australia to find out what is going on.
Then I got a phone call from the dealer's technician the next day and said that Skoda Australia confirmed there's a fault with the current software where TJA is not working. So thats why he asked me to take the car in for a software update and also there's an active recall regarding rear trim that needs fixing. 

I will suggest anyone with TJA, if it is not working (i.e. not having green light under 65km/h while ACC is active) to contact their dealer and explain to them.

thanks, I may get my dealer to at least have a look to see if its on the latest version. I find mine doesn't take off after coming to a complete stop, I need to tap the throttle or pull the cruise control lever towards me

On 20/06/2017 at 09:40, cyberkank said:

Spoke to the dealer in South Brisbane today, i asked them about the recall for TJA, and they knew about it. Booked the car in for next Wednesday so we will see how they perform. Looking forward to the upgrade.

I have activated lane assist through vcds. Really courious if tja is something independent from lane assist, or it should be activated separately with vcds?

It´s not an independent function, just a combination of DSG, Lane Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control. It does not need to be activated with VCDS or in the Infotainment.

13 hours ago, GaSelle said:

It´s not an independent function, just a combination of DSG, Lane Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control. It does not need to be activated with VCDS or in the Infotainment.

In case that adaptive cruise control and lane assist is activated and my superb is in full stop, it states that acc is ready, so i have to pres gas pedal in order to kove the car. Also the lane assit is not active is low speeds 

If you are in a start & stop traffic,

Activate Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise control,

Keep a little away from the front car so the car can see the lane markings for some time.

Keep in the same lane for sometime, straight line. Let it read a couple of lane markings.

Don't try to change lines or aggressive steering mauevers.

Then you'll see that Lane asssist will go green with ACC and your car will actually start steering.

On 28/04/2017 at 19:28, Andysuew said:

That means you dont have the "Traffic Jam Assist" activated. There's a software recall in Australia to fix that issue.

With the new fix, the car will provide "Lane Guidance" which is a level above the "Lane Assist" it will actively keep the car in the middle of the lane rather than just veering you back when you are out.

I got mine done a few weeks ago and the feature is a brilliant. I suggest you contact Skoda Australia to organise a software update.

Edited by cyberkank
  • Like 1

On 03/07/2017 at 09:21, cyberkank said:

That means you dont have the "Traffic Jam Assist" activated. There's a software recall in Australia to fix that issue.

With the new fix, the car will provide "Lane Guidance" which is a level above the "Lane Assist" it will actively keep the car in the middle of the lane rather than just veering you back when you are out.

I got mine done a few weeks ago and the feature is a brilliant. I suggest you contact Skoda Australia to organise a software update.

I finally got the recall flash done for the Adaptive Lane Guidance and it works perfectly. With ACC engaged, the Lane Assist stays green right down to nearly 5kph. The active steer is more fluid than before and keeps the car in the centre of the lane compared to bouncing of the line markings.

The dealer didn't switch the system on via the infotainment unit so at first I didn't think they had done the upgrade. Mind you they didn't even mention anything about controlling via the infotainment system, so I suspect they really didn't understand what they were doing.

It was only the information supplied via this and VWwatercooled forums that I knew it had to be selected to operate.

Now, I'm finally happy with the Lane Assist functionality.:biggrin:

13 hours ago, Andysuew said:

I finally got the recall flash done for the Adaptive Lane Guidance and it works perfectly. With ACC engaged, the Lane Assist stays green right down to nearly 5kph. The active steer is more fluid than before and keeps the car in the centre of the lane compared to bouncing of the line markings.

The dealer didn't switch the system on via the infotainment unit so at first I didn't think they had done the upgrade. Mind you they didn't even mention anything about controlling via the infotainment system, so I suspect they really didn't understand what they were doing.

It was only the information supplied via this and VWwatercooled forums that I knew it had to be selected to operate.

Now, I'm finally happy with the Lane Assist functionality.:biggrin:

Should be "Lane Guidance Functionality" :-) 

On 28/04/2017 at 10:09, GaSelle said:

Mine steers itself at low speeds as well. But when speed exceeds 15/20 kph there "take over steering" comes after a few seconds.

Mine does the same and is MY16, not sure if that makes a difference? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/07/2017 at 21:21, david 1220 said:

As far as i know we dont have any of this in the U.K. ---envious - just the thing for the M6 &M25 !!

We do have this in the UK :-) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/07/2017 at 22:47, tigermad said:

We do have this in the UK :-) 

From the factory? or enabled with VCDS?

Only asking as I have just got my Kodiaq which should have TJA, but doesn't seem to. With ACC and ALG turned on, LA icon goes orange below 65 km/h, it is DSG so fulfills all the requirements, it seems to have not been activated :(

Are there any additional settings in Infotainment for TJA?

Time to dig the VCDS cable out I think :)

Mine (DSG box) will happily chug slowly along in a jam.

No special settings - just ACC and lane assist activated.

If you stop for too long and the engine stops you do have to tap the accelerator to move again - not a great hardship and so much better than sitting on the clutch and/or going in and out of first gear.

Only had the DSG for 3 weeks but I'm a convert - not missing manual!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DH- Leeds said:

If you stop for too long and the engine stops you do have to tap the accelerator to move again

Alternatively, you can pull the ACC stalk towards you (resume). I'm also not missing manual.