vRS collection day

2 minutes ago, roaddetective said:

That looks really nice. Glad they got rid of the chrome around the grill and those wheels, I love them. 

Thanks.

Definitely agree about the grill and the ride seems better on 19's than my 350z was on 18's.

Very, very nice.

I've had my '14-plate vRS for 5 days, so appreciate your 'new car buzz'!

Have fun buddy! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mallettsmallett said:

And sunset glass.

Looking at photo number one the O/S/R passenger door window and the rear screen don't look all that dark, so has the car only got the Black pack and not black pack plus which includes sunset glasss. The 19" wheels could have been added as an extra.

Unless it's the light shining on the car which makes it look like theres no sunset glass 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mallettsmallett said:

Colour maxidot, is that an option on that year?

Yes. Car has Columbus which also gives Colour Maxidot, but colour Maxidot was also available as a separate option.

Lovely car OP, another one joining the Race Blue club!

• Like 2

Haven't heard of the "sunset glass" option, I'm guessing that means tinted glass.

Very impressed with the lane keep assist. I thought it would be one of those annoying systems that vibrates or gives an audible warning when you stray out of your lane, had no idea it would correct the steering for upto 10 seconds or so.

20170520_104609.jpg

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

Lovely car - if you want to find out more about the options on the car, you should be able to get these from the VIN number through a VIN decoder on line. Also the option codes are printed out on a sticker under the boot carpet, take a pic and plug them into http://vag-codes.info/#option-decoder

Cheers and enjoy!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mallettsmallett said:

And sunset glass.

10 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Looking at photo number one the O/S/R passenger door window and the rear screen don't look all that dark, so has the car only got the Black pack and not black pack plus which includes sunset glasss. The 19" wheels could have been added as an extra.

Unless it's the light shining on the car which makes it look like theres no sunset glass 

10 hours ago, Mallettsmallett said:

Colour maxidot, is that an option on that year?

Colour maxidot is also part of the Black Design Pack Plus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

How you finding the engine? Plenty of power etc in the diesel?

Obviously doesn't feelas quick as the 350z I traded in but it feels torquey enough and makes decent progress from low revs.

It definitely feels more powerful than an E90 320d I had a few years ago and imagine it would go really well with a simple remap.

12 hours ago, Superman001 said:

Very impressed with the lane keep assist. I thought it would be one of those annoying systems that vibrates or gives an audible warning when you stray out of your lane, had no idea it would correct the steering for upto 10 seconds or so.

I think most cars on the motorways have Lane assist to stop them straying out of there lane, usually the middle one

• Like 4

@ Superman, Don't know if you know but there are different settings for LA.  In the car settings on the radio in driver assistants ( Think thats it ) there are 2 boxes to tick for LA. I only have the top box ticked and a I find it less aggresive than having both ticked. Having both ticked makes the LA a bit to sharp ( my opinion ). having just the one ticked makes it a bit smoother ( again my opinion ) Try it and see

• Like 1

On my usual commute of 31 miles each way made up of motorway, A and B roads I average 34-35mpg in my 2005 2.0 Honda Accord or 21-22mpg in the 350z. Today I managed over 50 without trying too hard. Very impressed so far.

James

20170522_133150.jpg

46 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I shouldn't put too much faith in the on-board calculated MPG, its optimistic to be polite

With the previous car being a 350z anything over 40mpg is a bonus.

• Like 1