Octavia 2 FL Bolero with no Bluetooth swap for Bolero with BT.

Hiya Folks,

Please advise me.    I have a 2012 Octavia 1.8 TSi DSG MK2 FL Elegance, (Manufactured on 21st June 2012), with a Bolero radio 6CD unit installed with no Bluetooth.

I would like to replace it with a Bolero WITH Bluetooth, possibly a used unit from Ebay or the like.    Or is it possible that mine has bluetooth but has n

The 2nd hand ones I have seen advertised, show the 4 options along the top of the screen, one of which shows "BT" unlike mine that only has 3 boxes.

I know some of you would suggest one of the lovely aftermarket, all singing all dancing head units, but " She who must be obeyed " said I'm not allowed to, and for fear of Death, or worse, much to my sorrow, I must take this route.      ( I'm a very young 61 yr old who loves modern Tech. ).

Now, I know I would have to buy a microphone,unless it's already there,(I haven't checked yet), pref the correct one that fits in the light unit above my head, but will a straight head unit swap work. ?

I do not have steering wheel controls or a maxidod display, and I want to keep the car looking standard, hence the like for like swap.

I don't mind going up a model in stereos, as long as it is a Skoda one that looks like it came with the car.  I don't like the option that is offered by my skoda dealer with a little screen on the dash.

Obviously, I want to keep all of the functionality that I get now, such as reversing display, AUX input, (Socket under armrest), Climate control display, etc.....

Below are pictures of the VIN plate and the radio software screen etc if it helps at all.    But if there is any other info you need in able to assist me, please ask.   I can extract codes from the ECU, as I have a CARISTA OBD2 Dongle and APP. If there are any you need.

Thanks to all.

Regards from Keith in Clacton on Sea, Essex.   :wondering:

5923f6885990d_Car1Untitled.thumb.jpg.0f2f1f1fdeb88d6b534f2b157ad95547.jpg

5923ded644f4e_2017-05-2307_59_51.thumb.jpg.e41da30bf275f3c5a3cd4937f0278dbb.jpg5923dfcede840_2016-10-0908_30_36.thumb.jpg.bd10ca52c451e409467498636d7eb80c.jpg1.thumb.jpg.f2de86cffd60c62d165705f7a7529671.jpgIMG-20151107-WA0024.thumb.jpeg.f8b0157b2ee3c78c161a38008c10787a.jpegUntitled2.jpg.9b1a7ea4d511f8ea70b5e8f728ac06d6.jpg

• Like 1

None of the Bolero units have Bluetooth I'm afraid. The one's you've seen showing a Bluetooth option will have been fitted in a car which has Bluetooth fitted to it (a separate unit usually under the drivers seat).

The only OEM head unit with Bluetooth is the Amundsen+ unit, and only some of those have the Bluetooth unit inside them. So if you buy one, make sure you get one which has Bluetooth. You'll also get sat nav, and possibly DAB as well (under the same restrictions that the Bluetooth is, some have DAB and some don't).

A cheaper option would be to install a Bluetooth kit which would possibly do all that you need, not the little stick on screen the dealer is talking about.

• Like 1

Hi there.   Thanks for the response.

Is there any chance you could guide me  in the right direction for the Bluetooth Kit you mentioned.    It sounds like it would do all I need.

It would be great if you could recommend something, and advise me as to whether its a D.I.Y. install, or something I would have to get someone to do for me.   Also, if you could point me in the right direction for buying it, that would be a great help.

If this is a D.I.Y. install that only needs a bit of coding, then I should be able to do the coding, as I am awaiting delivery of the full LEGAL version of VCDS with the RossTech compliant lead, so I think i might be able to play around a bit and learn something usefull. Hopefully, I will also be able to also help any local Skoda'ites when I have it.     ( I don't know if there are many in My little town of Clacton on Sea, on the East Coast. ).   There are a hell of a lot of Skoda's around since the Ford garage closed.

If I were to go down the Amundsen+ route, and it had DAB+, would a suitable aerial splitter be okay for it.   Like this one:-  DABONWHEELS   . Or would I have to go Full whack and get a new aerial that does GPS,DAB+, and AM/FM.

My Brain is really starting to swirl now as I really am not sure which is the best way to go.     I would love to also change my steering wheel to a multi function one as well, but I think that would start getting expensive, especially as I want to lookinto the possibility and feesability of changing my dash for a multi dot one.

I think some of this is for other parts of the forum

Thanks in advance.    :wondering:

I'm not up to speed on Bluetooth kits I'm afraid. Someone is always asking which is the best / correct Bluetooth module for their car though, like this thread here which has more details perhaps. Not sure if the one I mentioned there will be suitable for you though, just pointing out the sort of thing needed.

As regards an aerial for DAB, I would always say go for a proper OEM roof mount one, anything else would be a compromise really.

It's all pretty much straight forward really, as long as you have the time and patience.

• Like 1