Modifying Your Fabia MK III

Installed the hoses and turbo inlet adapter. For a small turbo it makes quite a lot of noise now, I can hear baby whistle sounds under light acceleration and full on hissing with wide open throttle.

IMG_0959.JPEG

IMG_0958.JPEG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2021 at 20:20, georgerendle said:

Hi guys,

I am looking into getting a sports cat for my little Fabia. Has anybody on here got and can recommend one? I currently only have a backbox delete.

Many thanks in advance!

I

This one sounds quite nice, it's on a polo though so not 100% sure if it will fit on the fabias.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone!

I'm currently looking for upgrades for my Skoda Fabia NJ3 1.0 TSI and would like to have your feedback on the following (I've read this topic and didn't found information about this, or maybe I missed it as there're 42 pages haha):

1. Exhaust System: Does anyone have change the Downpipe only? I want to go for Stage 2 and will like to know the sound change on the car with the DP only. Otherwise I'm open to change the pipe or other parts (If I change the muffler I'll keep the invisible look from the rear).

2. Suspension: I'm thinking to buy the following Eibach Suspension Kit (https://www.eibachshop.co.uk/eibach-b12-prokit-suspension-kit-e90790060522_p32474837.htm) to increase performance and lowering the car. For this latter, anyone that bought this suspension? I'll love to see pictures of the height of the car after/before. I saw some pictures on this topic of springs only not suspension.

And finally I take the opportunity to share with you the first upgrade: Forge Induction Kit (https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Induction_Kit_for_Skoda_Fabia_10_TSI_2017_Onwards--product--1673.html#tablist1-tab3). I got a nice increase on the sound if you're looking for this. The only thing that you should consider if your car is DSG is that the sound between shifts gets a little strange sometimes as the car is continously "sucking air". You don't have this "pause" between shifts as in manual transmission.

I hope to be clear somehow with my writing as English is my second language.

Thanks to everyone!

1 minute ago, gmontenegro said:

Hello everyone!

I'm currently looking for upgrades for my Skoda Fabia NJ3 1.0 TSI and would like to have your feedback on the following (I've read this topic and didn't found information about this, or maybe I missed it as there're 42 pages haha):

1. Exhaust System: Does anyone have change the Downpipe only? I want to go for Stage 2 and will like to know the sound change on the car with the DP only. Otherwise I'm open to change the pipe or other parts (If I change the muffler I'll keep the invisible look from the rear).

2. Suspension: I'm thinking to buy the following Eibach Suspension Kit (https://www.eibachshop.co.uk/eibach-b12-prokit-suspension-kit-e90790060522_p32474837.htm) to increase performance and lowering the car. For this latter, anyone that bought this suspension? I'll love to see pictures of the height of the car after/before. I saw some pictures on this topic of springs only not suspension.

And finally I take the opportunity to share with you the first upgrade: Forge Induction Kit (https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Induction_Kit_for_Skoda_Fabia_10_TSI_2017_Onwards--product--1673.html#tablist1-tab3). I got a nice increase on the sound if you're looking for this. The only thing that you should consider if your car is DSG is that the sound between shifts gets a little strange sometimes as the car is continously "sucking air". You don't have this "pause" between shifts as in manual transmission.

I hope to be clear somehow with my writing as English is my second language.

Thanks to everyone!

Downpipe (with cat delete) will make it louder somewhat in general, you'll gain maybe 5-10bhp over a stage 1 with a downpipe, with a little more noise but nothing major.

I've attached two pictures of my car running eibach pro-kit springs. Running standard shocks for now, but with shorter rear bump stops from the ibiza cupra r, as it was bottoming out a little too often with the standard bump stops.

6EA7CC13-24A0-4C09-93EA-2CE1C6B07C5D.jpeg

24090E4B-4AF1-45FC-8F84-3780F73A47F9.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Downpipe (with cat delete) will make it louder somewhat in general, you'll gain maybe 5-10bhp over a stage 1 with a downpipe, with a little more noise but nothing major.

I've attached two pictures of my car running eibach pro-kit springs. Running standard shocks for now, but with shorter rear bump stops from the ibiza cupra r, as it was bottoming out a little too often with the standard bump stops.

24090E4B-4AF1-45FC-8F84-3780F73A47F9.jpeg

It looks amazing!!!

Are the rims 16" or 17"?

Did you change the DP in your car?

On 25/07/2022 at 16:18, FabiaGonzales said:

Are these 30mm front and 45mm rear? I'm running these and your has a lot less arch gap.

IMG_1634.thumb.jpeg.2da36c919d39c6b5b2b12d9e859dccb7.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aviii said:

Are these 30mm front and 45mm rear? I'm running these and your has a lot less arch gap.

Yeah they're 30mm front 45mm rear.

I'm also running 7J ET46 wheels with 11mm spacers at front, and 16mm spacers at rear.

I'll hazard a slight guess and assume your aftermarket wheels are 7.5J, which will make the tyres look a little thinner, and it doesnt look like you're running spacers?

That's right, running 7.5j wheels and no spacers. I've been told that spacers are unsafe, but quite a lot of people are running them. I would like the wheels to stick out a little bit, just to make them flush with the arches. Your fitment looks great!

2 minutes ago, Aviii said:

That's right, running 7.5j wheels and no spacers. I've been told that spacers are unsafe, but quite a lot of people are running them. I would like the wheels to stick out a little bit, just to make them flush with the arches. Your fitment looks great!

I could push mine out i think another 5mm, but i decided to err on the side of caution to avoid any rubbing.

I've never had any rubbing on mine as they are now, front or rear.

Are yours ET35?

On 30/07/2022 at 06:56, Aviii said:

Hi Aviii!
Are the rear spoiler and diffuser OEM or Aftermarket? In case of the latter, where did you buy them?

image.png.8e1fb27e1e5e253bc59399e4ae9ff942.png

13 minutes ago, gmontenegro said:

Hi Aviii!
Are the rear spoiler and diffuser OEM or Aftermarket? In case of the latter, where did you buy them?

image.png.8e1fb27e1e5e253bc59399e4ae9ff942.png

These are standard parts on Monte Carlo trim cars. You can get the parts seperately from dealerships, they are quite expensive though, and usually require painting before fitting.

16 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

These are standard parts on Monte Carlo trim cars. You can get the parts seperately from dealerships, they are quite expensive though, and usually require painting before fitting.

Thanks!

I'll check in my local dealer or aftermarket suppliers.

3 hours ago, gmontenegro said:

Thanks!

I'll check in my local dealer or aftermarket suppliers.

As FabiaGonzales said, they're standard for the Monte Carlos. You can try getting some from breakers, but you may need to separate them from the bumpers.

On 12/07/2017 at 19:55, Nathanb93 said:

Has anyone else fitted the bonnet struts from superskoda?  I think they are well worth the price, i spent a little extra on resprayng them myself so they match my theme.

However they did put my insurance up as it is apparently classed as a body modification...

20170712_125155.jpg

20170712_125214.jpg

Hi just wondering what mud flaps you have on?

On 30/07/2022 at 07:25, FabiaGonzales said:

I could push mine out i think another 5mm, but i decided to err on the side of caution to avoid any rubbing.

I've never had any rubbing on mine as they are now, front or rear.

Are yours ET35?

Which is the PCD fitment for the rims? 5x100?

@FabiaGonzales your car is looking excellent. Also interested to know how the JBS turbo has been behaving? Assuming all ok - JBS are pretty great at what they do. I'm actually pretty set on getting another mk3 Fabia MC TSI just so I can get a JBS turbo on it.

On a separate note - considering the folk following this thread are probably into modding, have a look at my Scirocco R project if you fancy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, is there any links to MK3 gear shifter knobs? Local service can order me new one, but it costs about 100€ eur from Skoda directly, car is 5-speed manual 2015 model

• 4 months later...