Modifying Your Fabia MK III

Hello everyone, 

I decided to create this topic so that like-minded people can discuss and/or ask questions in regards to modifying an MK III Skoda Fabia. I'm assuming there are probably other topics out there, but I haven't seen any specifically for this area. 

I'm going to start this off by asking is anyone aware of a good set of reasonably priced coilovers that fit the MK III Skoda Fabia? The only ones I've found are EIBACH Pro Street S Coilovers coming in at £830.75. 

I really hope people use this topic to ask any questions or to discuss any queries they have with other like-minded people.

Let's get modifying!

DISCLAIMER: I recommend any modifications discussed on this topic are installed/carried out by a competent mechanic and I must make it clear that most modifications will void any warranty you may have on your SKODA. 

12 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Picking the wifes up on friday definitely one of the mods i fancy is lowering. Rear is way too high as standard

MK3.png.f5a4bc3396d1b6b0d878ec5241110662.png

Definitely, I never noticed how high it was at the rear, that photo shows it brilliantly. I reckon I'm going to have to splash the cash for coilovers just so I have peace of mind that I'm installing high quality, reliable parts.

thanks for the links, id love to find a sports cat/de-cat downpipe and a decent exhaust sytem. Seen some ebay specials but not overly sure on them

I'd also like to see some brake upgrades.. Im assuming audi s1 brakes would be straight fitment 

Edited by Jeffchiz

5 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

Picking the wifes up on friday definitely one of the mods i fancy is lowering. Rear is way too high as standard

MK3.png.f5a4bc3396d1b6b0d878ec5241110662.png

Bloody hell thats high :o

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/391830-12-tsi-remap 

Just a small old fart warning from an old fart with T-Shirts and modified vehicles.

If you own your car then fill your boots and modify to your hearts content.

If there is some finance / lease and you are the keeper not the owner then take care because you need the Warranty Valid while someone else owns the vehicle, 

and the Insured Loss covered in case of some incident meaning the car needs returned to owner or paid for or even sold for salvage.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/391830-12-tsi-remap 

Just a small old fart warning from an old fart with T-Shirts and modified vehicles.

If you own your car then fill your boots and modify to your hearts content.

If there is some finance / lease and you are the keeper not the owner then take care because you need the Warranty Valid while someone else owns the vehicle, 

and the Insured Loss covered in case of some incident meaning the car needs returned to owner or paid for or even sold for salvage.

100%, I should've mentioned that in the disclaimer!

Now they are side by side, MK3 vS MK2 the monte is definitely in need of lowering more and 16's replacing with 17'' gigaro's , but being in warranty dont wanna change just yet, As standardd suspension feels suberb on the MK3, way better then my VRS.

i think it would be coilovers on the VRS & maybe lowering springs on the Monte. Are springs really that bad, i know coilovers are rated better, but what are the best lowering springs for MK3 Monte (just as a an option)

59296d8e6309e_blueVsgreen.thumb.jpg.324c7721872de945c8f9bf7f8ae676d3.jpg

Just now, James777 said:

Lemto thanks for opening this topic.

Have you any mods planned in the near future yourself?

Absolutely no problem James, I'm glad it is helping people! Yes in fact I do, I went this morning to see about a new Exhaust system by a local Powerflow franchise. The guy quoted me £300 to be done in the next two weeks, can't wait! What about yourself?

Mines on a 3 yr PCP, so the only 'mods' I've done is a set of rubber car mats from Superskoda!

I did buy some door sill covers as well, but not fitted them as they were smaller than I thought they would be.

On 2017-6-1 at 23:34, James777 said:

I will hopefully pluck up the courage to fit my tip soon. Are you going twin exit?

It will be a twin end, but not two separate ends split up if you know what I mean. 

So how is your car as it came straight out the Dealership and did you set your own tyre pressures?

Any mods done yet?

Just now, Awayoffski said:

So how is your car as it came straight out the Dealership and did you set your own tyre pressures?

Any mods done yet?

It's been great, zippy little motor. I have not set my own tyre pressures, would you recommend I do so? No mods yet will hopefully have a new exhaust in the coming weeks.

1 hour ago, Awayoffski said:

Yes, 

first and most important mod, and reset your TPMS as well.

How would I go about resetting my TPMS?

Have you not read the Owners Manual yet?

Sorry but it is a good idea, get to know the vehicle inside out before modifying it.

Just now, Awayoffski said:

Have you not read the Owners Manual yet?

Sorry but it is a good idea, get to know the vehicle inside out before modifying it.

Yes I have, but I did not see anything about resetting the TPMS. Must've missed it.

2 hours ago, Lemto said:

Yes I have, but I did not see anything about resetting the TPMS. Must've missed it.

Make sure your tyres are at the right pressure (i think 2.2 for 17's off the top of my head) With engine running press the car button on right of touch display, then select settings, scroll down and select tyres, then press set pressure, confirm....job done! It came in handy for me recently as unfortunately I managed to have 3 or 4 screws in one place of my rear right tyre which it detected a loss of pressure, it was very slow but had to have a new tyre to repair...ouch!