vRS245 ordered club

225 days and counting.

I don't know why but I feel it'll be anticlimactic now. The hype built up too much.

My mobex met with an unfortunate accident on a round about. A guy in the middle lane didn't see me and hit me. Spun me around. Was my first ever accident.

Enterprise were trying to charge me excess. I won eventually. Don't have to pay for that.

Was just glad it wasn't the 245.

Waiting for the Kodiaq vRS now to buy once the 245 goes back

18 hours ago, El9Nino said:

225 days and counting.

I don't know why but I feel it'll be anticlimactic now. The hype built up too much.

My mobex met with an unfortunate accident on a round about. A guy in the middle lane didn't see me and hit me. Spun me around. Was my first ever accident.

Enterprise were trying to charge me excess. I won eventually. Don't have to pay for that.

Hold on in there - had mine a week and love it although found out today that the sat nav is awful.  The instructions to turn left/right are not aligned with the map so took 2 wrong turns today .  Google maps is certainly much better and will revert to using this on my phone instead.

Onto my 3rd Mobex now ... got an 18 plate passat with 120 miles on the clock delivered on Friday, and its an utterly insipid car.

No redeeming features, and the sat nav is **** poor.  Android auto is just as bad as only half the screen shows!

Guest garpat32
20 hours ago, El9Nino said:

225 days and counting.

How much was the excess they tried to charge mate? And how did you get out of paying? If you don't mind me asking.

Had some idiot hit the wheel arch on my mobex and didn't leave any details ffs

On 6/6/2018 at 02:19, archie29 said:

hi guys new member here!! have been told mine is at the port as we speak! only ordered it last October!! lol I've gone for cheapo red too!!

May seen you about... I'm down the road in Deeside. Also red - by choice though, as I love red cars with black features!

1 hour ago, alex_e3 said:

May seen you about... I'm down the road in Deeside. Also red - by choice though, as I love red cars with black features!

Seen 5/6 mk3 VRSs today driving between Deeside, Prestatyn and Manchester today but all 230s or TDI.  Still not seen a 245.  Am Deeside also.  Will need to do a breakfast run :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Seen 5/6 mk3 VRSs today driving between Deeside, Prestatyn and Manchester today but all 230s or TDI.  Still not seen a 245.  Am Deeside also.  Will need to do a breakfast run :D

Be a 245 soon boys gettin itchy feet now!!!!

• Like 1

If its any help, those cheating scumbags at enterprise took £250 off my card for giving me a car with a nail in the tyre. 

Picked up a car from them on a friday at closing, got home (about 5 miles) and tyre pressure warning light came on. Called the AA out when i got home from picking the car up, and AA man said the nail had been in there ages.  Call them up and they say '£250 excess' .... 

Luckily Audi saw sense in the matter and cancelled the charge.

Guest garpat32

Just been onto both Skoda CS (case manager) and Enterprise again. 

SKoda CS say its nowt to do with them!!

Enterprise say they need to swap the car, again (will be my 5th Mobex vehicle since March)

Anyway, I asked my case manager for update to my order, car has been at port 11 days now. 

"oh well it can take between 10-14 days to be allocated a ship"

but you said 7-10 days last week??

"no that information is wrong, it IS 10-14 days and I cant help further"

FFS, starting to get really irritating now, October 2017 ordered, car built on 19th May, and sat at port since 25th lol.

17 hours ago, garpat32 said:

How much was the excess they tried to charge mate? And how did you get out of paying? If you don't mind me asking.

Had some idiot hit the wheel arch on my mobex and didn't leave any details ffs

Enterprise wanted to charge me £250 excess.  i got a letter as i reported the incident to them once i got hit. i followed the "rules" set by them and they tried to bite me in the ***. Wasn't impressed.

the damage was minor. i was super lucky. first they said the panel had been dented and i had proof it hadn't. the only damage i had was on the alloy wheel. i argued under their policy they alloys "scuffs" on alloys. this to me was no different. the manager of the branch refused to accept this and said this wasn't a minor scratch on the alloys etc.

getting nowhere with him and having a letter sent to my work about them trying to make a claim against me for the car, i called up the department that deals with it. number was on a letter. i was directed to a guy called Tom who deals with VW "mobex" insurance part of it in enterprise. he wasn't available but the other guy i spoke to called up the branch who was giving me grief. the statement given to them by the branch said i was liable. however on the accident report it clearly showed i wasn't. i was in my lane. the guy in the middle lane hit me after all trying to take an exit he couldn't reach.  2 days later, Tom came back and said no further action will take place and i won't have to pay.

from what you've said, its probably easier to get a mobile repair unit out to quote.

18 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Hold on in there - had mine a week and love it although found out today that the sat nav is awful.  The instructions to turn left/right are not aligned with the map so took 2 wrong turns today .  Google maps is certainly much better and will revert to using this on my phone instead.

i purchased a MK3 vRS 184 for my dad over 18 months ago. made sure it had android auto.

the sat nav in there is ok. i mean it tells you very late about what lane to get into compared to some other systems i've used but it was reasonable. however i got android auto (smartlink) activated by the dealer. it was 1 of those conditions that needed being done if i were to sign the dotted line.

it's a shame smartlink doesn't allow the map turns to be displayed on the dashboard.

The passat mobex i have now as the "virtual cockpit" screen. it's kinda "cool". i like the fact i can see the whole man there and i can enlarge the map too and reduce the dials a little.

would i get that as an extra? on a purchase no, on a lease maybe-if the price was right. when that thing fails, i driving will be impossible

If you are using the Skoda Sat Nav then there is a bar graph on the Maxidot counting down the distance to the turn. I have instructions muted and use the graphics in the Infotainment and Maxidot.

1 hour ago, KevC_Derby said:

If you are using the Skoda Sat Nav then there is a bar graph on the Maxidot counting down the distance to the turn. I have instructions muted and use the graphics in the Infotainment and Maxidot.

The problem was the map told me to turn left yet the maxi dot told me to do ahead a further 0.2mile before turning left.  In reality I should have turned left where the map indicated, but maxi was 0.2mile out.  Happened twice on Sunday. And switched the nav off and put my trusted google maps back on my phone. Also on Sunday afternoon was travelling from north wales to Manchester and there was a 34 min delay due to conjestion.  Google maps picked up.  Skoda day nav indicated no delays and didn’t pick up the conjestion which was real, at any point so I arrived over half an hour after I was meant to arrive despite being on the correct road.  Just can’t depend on the Skoda day nav.

Guest garpat32

Small update, my car is on ship and docks at Grimsby later today!

I've had to update dealer, so hopefully it's not much longer now. :blush:

10 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

Small update, my car is on ship and docks at Grimsby later today!

I've had to update dealer, so hopefully it's not much longer now. :blush:

I had a tweet over the weekend mines still bloody over there!!! Been on the docks since May 25th!! It’ll be rusting away!!:-)

Guest garpat32
6 minutes ago, archie29 said:

I had a tweet over the weekend mines still bloody over there!!! Been on the docks since May 25th!! It’ll be rusting away!!:-)

Have you contacted CS today?

Mine was on docks since 25th also, and update from yesterday it was still there.

So I've spoken again to CS this morning and it's confirmed as on ship. 

Mine must have been loaded yesterday at the latest.

52 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

Have you contacted CS today?

Mine was on docks since 25th also, and update from yesterday it was still there.

So I've spoken again to CS this morning and it's confirmed as on ship. 

Mine must have been loaded yesterday at the latest.

I’ll msg them now then hopefully it’ll be sat next to yours lol

Guest garpat32
2 minutes ago, archie29 said:

I’ll msg them now then hopefully it’ll be sat next to yours lol

try online chat if you can.