vRS245 ordered club

22 minutes ago, Hlywd said:

Hi all

Ordered my 245 Estate in Black (yep another one in Black!) on Saturday and the order form is stating 1st Sept for estimated delivery date.....is this right?  Or should I ignore this for now?

Never bought a brand new car before so would be interested in feedback.

I would be expecting at least 12 weeks, but that could be a provisional build week maybe? Add about another month until pick up from the dealer.  

I would take it with a pinch of salt at this stage. 

What's your spec?

Edited by juan27

4 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

You'd need BW32 (week commencing 7/8/17) at the very lastest for that delivery date which would mean, yours is a cancelled order your dealer already has in the system.

As the factory is shut until 24/7/17 if you have chosen any extras they'd NOT have time to order them as the order is locked 2 weeks prior to BW.

So, did you ask for a car exactly as they had in stock on order or, has the salesperson been a little miss leading?

Nope I just ordered the car with the only options being Black Paint and DCC.  The guy said he would try and amend an order already in the system - which I was assuming means they have pre-ordered some cars ready for the ensuing orders?  Again, I'm guessing.

5 minutes ago, juan27 said:

I would be expecting at least 12 weeks, but that could be a provisional build week maybe? Add about another month until pick up from the dealer.  

I would take it with a pinch of salt at this stage. 

What's your spec?

Ok makes sense thank you.

Only options were Black paint and the DCC system.

18 minutes ago, Hlywd said:

Nope I just ordered the car with the only options being Black Paint and DCC.  The guy said he would try and amend an order already in the system - which I was assuming means they have pre-ordered some cars ready for the ensuing orders?  Again, I'm guessing.

Hmmm. he's gonna have to be fast unless, they can amend orders during a factory closure dunno, thats possible as office staff probably ain't at the factory.

Hope you do get it though, who's the dealer?

3 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Hmmm. he's gonna have to be fast unless, they can amend orders during a factory closure dunno, thats possible as office staff probably ain't at the factory.

Hope you do get it though, who's the dealer?

I ended up calling them just now and asked about that date, they told me the 1st Sep is just a date to 'convey a sense of urgency to the factory'.  They will have a better estimation date in 2 weeks for me.

Appreciate your response - hopefully its Sept of some description though!

10 minutes ago, Hlywd said:

I ended up calling them just now and asked about that date, they told me the 1st Sep is just a date to 'convey a sense of urgency to the factory'.  They will have a better estimation date in 2 weeks for me.

Appreciate your response - hopefully its Sept of some description though!

I ordered mine 2 weeks about and got build week 38 with expected delivery 4 weeks later so the end of September. Not sure if they build in batches (which would make sense).

Hopefully you get lucky.

Who has the closest build week?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matsumura said:

Who has the closest build week?

Is Themanwithnoaim still on BW31? He ordered back end of May. 

Last I heard on mine was BW33, w/c 13th August. I ordered on 10th June.

Edited by juan27

Nope, I got moved back to BW32 a coupla weeks back but, told it could/should move back to BW31.

With the factory shut until next monday nothings happening which is a shame because I'd like to take the new one to this

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/434536-briskoda-owners-national-meetfestival-2017-the-big-thread/

32 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Is Themanwithnoaim still on BW31? He ordered back end of May. 

Last I heard on mine was BW33, w/c 13th August. I ordered on 10th June.

Good luck to both of you. Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matsumura said:

Good luck to both of you. Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Nope, I got moved back to BW32 a coupla weeks back but, told it could/should move back to BW31.

With the factory shut until next monday nothings happening which is a shame because I'd like to take the new one to this

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/434536-briskoda-owners-national-meetfestival-2017-the-big-thread/

I reckon theman's must be one of the first 245's ordered.....was it even on the Skoda configurator when you ordered?

45 minutes ago, juan27 said:

I reckon theman's must be one of the first 245's ordered.....was it even on the Skoda configurator when you ordered?

Not sure about the configurator but, I was told it became available to order from 15/5/17, I ordered on the 23rd

Only because my vRS wouldn't have folding wing mirrors but, I'm over it grrrrrrrr

Edited by themanwithnoaim

5 hours ago, juan27 said:

Yes that's the one, although they do say assist, which suggests the driver should still be ensuring nothing really bad happens

kurd = kerb presumably?  Yes I have read the same thing, the car has no idea where the kerb is and if the cars in front and behind are against it or up it it will line up on them so kerbing on yours is likely.  

There are adaptation channels in the Park Assist module that you can change so it will park closer to or further away from the kerb.

IDE02328-Distance to curb,15 cm
IDE02329-Allowance for vehicle fittings (width),0 cm

18 hours ago, SWBoy said:

There are adaptation channels in the Park Assist module that you can change so it will park closer to or further away from the kerb.

IDE02328-Distance to curb,15 cm
IDE02329-Allowance for vehicle fittings (width),0 cm

I think I'll just avoid parallel parking altogether as much as possible.  I suspect in a few years the 19s will inevitably have some scars however. 

Went to see the new Octy vRS245 today very nice looking car in corrida red had a good look around it there lots of little differents between it and the standard F/L vRS the 245 front grille is gloss black gloss black exhausts and interior trim is gloss black you get the black xtrermes and the performance mode in the entertainment system and a lap timer and different front door sill cover that look good 

all in all a stunning car and is more than worthy of the vRS badge

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Looks like same spec as the Pre FL 230 then Rob, except I've leather seats

I think so the big difference is +15 BHP and the 7SP DSG 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Looks like same spec as the Pre FL 230 then Rob, except I've leather seats

Plus the 19" wheels, 7 speed DSG if you opted for it and crucially the VAQ front dif from the Leon Cupra and Golf performance pack. That's why I opted for the 245. 

1 minute ago, Matsumura said:

Plus the 19" wheels, 7 speed DSG if you opted for it and crucially the VAQ front dif from the Leon Cupra and Golf performance pack. That's why I opted for the 245. 

My 230 has 19" wheels and the VAQ diff, but it's a manual box

• Like 1

I looked around the new vRS245 for 45 minutes it's a stunning car but I would pay the ££ over the standard vRS yes you get some nice toys with it but you can spec most of it on the standard vRS the only thing you can't get is the e diff it's a lot of ££ for a e diff but this is only my opinion the people that have ordered one will love it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Where about is the dealership?

I'd love to see one in the flesh

+1 Also that means there will be a 245 in a colour other than black.....

Edited by juan27

10 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Where about is the dealership?

I'd love to see one in the flesh

The dealer is winner garage ltd CInderfrord Gloucestershire 

they got two octy vRS245 hatchback and estate both in corrida red