vRS245 ordered club

7 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Following week I strip all the badges, replace the 19's with black 18 Gemini's, paint the wheel hubs & possible the brake calipers too. Its going stealthy

You can't beat a Q-car!! 

Still waiting on confirmation of build next week. Salesman must be on hols. :sweat: 

Edit: BW33  Confirmed! :biggrin:

Edited by juan27
Breaking News
  • Like 2

Hmmm, oh yeah, its BW32

4 weeks 1 day till delivery day

huuuuuuuuuuraaaaaaaaa

Should find out this weekend how I like DCC as I have a L&K superb on a 72 hours test drive, not sure it'l handle like a vRS but, be fun to try with someone elses car. Might try the park assist too, not my alloys after all.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

19 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Hmmm, oh yeah, its BW32

huuuuuuuuuuraaaaaaaaa

Should find out this weekend how I like DCC as I have a L&K superb on a 72 hours test drive, not sure it'l handle like a vRS but, be fun to try with someone elses car. Might try the park assist too, not my alloys after all.

Be interesting to see how good DCC is.  Its the only option I added to my 245.

20 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Hmmm, oh yeah, its BW32

huuuuuuuuuuraaaaaaaaa

I would think you'll end up paying for the alloys, it will be in the small print.

The problenm with park assits is that it aligns you up with the rest of the cars parked near the kerb.  If you park between 2 minis and there close to the kerb and you car is say 6'' wider you'll end up on the pavement  scraping the alloys as you go. Don't think I'll ever get Park assist or I'd never use it. 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

8 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I would think you'll end up paying for the alloys, it will be in the small print.

THe problenm with park assits is that it aligns you up with the rest of the cars parked near the kerb.  If you park between 2 minis and there close to the kerb and you car is say 6'' wider you'll end up on the pavement scraping the alloys as you go. Don't think I'll ever get Park assist or I'd never use it. 

Surely it uses the kerb side of the other cars to line up with?  I don't think the relative width of your car is the problem, its if the mini on 60 profile 15s is parked with its tyres against the kerb then your 19s are going to get a scrape.  I've seen  a post which says you can set the distance from the kerb, but I think a bit of trial and error is probably needed at first and "error"=kerbed Extreme.

Edited by juan27

1 hour ago, Hlywd said:

Be interesting to see how good DCC is.  Its the only option I added to my 245.

Just a little worried I'll just leave it in the middle setting once the novelty has worn off. 

Just now, juan27 said:

Just a little worried I'll just leave it in the middle setting once the novelty has worn off. 

I suspect mine will be adjusted back to comfort for the weekends when the family are in the car. 

3 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I think it uses the Off side so the cars are lined up straight on the road side.

I will stand corrected though........

TBH I don't know for sure but that is never going to work!  Anyway I didn't spec it so  I only need to worry about human sourced kerbing.

Edited by juan27

4 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I think it uses the Off side so the cars are lined up straight on the road side.

I will stand corrected though........

It does, I tried Park Assist next to our other car, a Citroen C1, and it left the nearside of the Octavia several cm to the left of the nearside of the C1 but the offsides lined up.

So I've adjusted the adaptation channels in the Park Assist module (address 10) to allow a larger distance from the kerb

IDE02328-Distance to curb,15 cm
IDE02329-Allowance for vehicle fittings (width),0 cm

Edited by SWBoy
  • Thanks 1

On 07/08/2017 at 16:04, themanwithnoaim said:

Hmmm, oh yeah, its BW32

huuuuuuuuuuraaaaaaaaa

Is that a Superb 280 4x4 or you slumming it in  a diseasal?

20 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

The problenm with park assits is that it aligns you up with the rest of the cars parked near the kerb.  If you park between 2 minis and there close to the kerb and you car is say 6'' wider you'll end up on the pavement  scraping the alloys as you go. Don't think I'll ever get Park assist or I'd never use it. 

I got park assist as I live in a flat in the west end of Glasgow.  Plenty of parallel parking!  I'm finding it's great.  

It does align with the car in front so small cars (the Minis and Fiat 500s that litter our hipster haven) will cause the car to park closer to the kerb but I've never had it hit a wheel.  I'd guess a combination of small car that's close to the kerb would be required to cause an alloy strike.  The only issue I've had with it is making it park on streets where there's a railing up the middle, the car won't go into it, I assume for fear of scrapping the offside of the nose.  However, driving a car or so past the space gives it room to hug the side of the car it's parking behind and give it room to swing it.  Clever!

18 hours ago, SWBoy said:

It does, I tried Park Assist next to our other car, a Citroen C1, and it left the nearside of the Octavia several cm to the left of the nearside of the C1 but the offsides lined up.

So I've adjusted the adaptation channels in the Park Assist module (address 10) to allow a larger distance from the kerb

IDE02328-Distance to curb,15 cm
IDE02329-Allowance for vehicle fittings (width),0 cm

So after changing the distance to the kerb does it still line up with the offside of the C1 all other things being equal?    

Edited by juan27

5 hours ago, juan27 said:

So after changing the distance to the kerb does it still line up with the offside of the C1 all other things being equal?    

Nope, the offside is now slightly further out.

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Slumming, its a diseasal but, WTF its free 

Enjoy your test - I'll be interested in your views!

The rate my kids' legs are growing, a Superb may have to be my next stop. A 280 is the hope / wish. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

@themanwithnoaim has yours been built then? Excited that my BW (33) has finally come around.

Dunno, my salespersons didn't return my call on Friday, can't be too surprized, my actual salesperson is not the 1 that made the deal, whom has since moved on.

I verbally kick his arse Monday down the phone

Updated to waiting at German port probably looking longingly out to sea wondering WTF life is gonna be like in the UK

I can promise you life is gonna be hard but, lotsa fun little car

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Updated to waiting at German port probably looking longingly out to sea wondering WTF life is gonna be like in the UK

I can promise you life is gonna be hard but, lotsa fun little car

Great news. Look forward to seeing some pics of the beast.