vRS245 ordered club

Just now, themanwithnoaim said:

320psi tuningbox fron dtuk

:D I reckon a Revo remap would make it epic but there's the inherent warranty woes with the TD1 flag, etc. 

Don't get me wrong 245ps is hardly lacking firepower but the 5f Leon once had a 265 variant and the Clubsport Golf also has an overboost function.  It would be nice if Skoda could at least be given use of what's available in the group.  Perhaps a 280-300ps 4x4 variant will be made available once 245 sales have been assessed and it's time for a mid-cycle refresh.  

Lovely car though and I'm looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing some real world feedback once you guys start taking delivery

37 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Any plans for a 265ps overboost function for the 245?  Maybe as a performance pack? 

The 245 is already the "performance pack" version.  I think there will be more powerful VRS versions to come, but the O4 is not too far away...  

Edited by juan27

6 hours ago, juan27 said:

What seats are those in the topmost interior shot? I thought you had to have a red bit beneath the head restraint or grey....I'd had the all black version if I could have had it.   

I noticed that too. Only on that specific picture though, the others have the red bit.  Only options on the configurater when I ordered were grey or red. 

6 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I am siging paperwork, yep the car has arrived at the dealers.

Gosh that's quick! I guess I might have mine in a couple of weeks then.

Anyone ordered without the adaptive dampers?

Really interested to know how the standard suspension is as I'm still poring over the options list...is it an essential or is the ride already pretty good/good enough,?

I'll be ordering red by the way....i dont do subtle! #wierdo

vrs245-2.jpg

Edited by vrs4011

16 hours ago, Hlywd said:

How much does the box cost in terms of insurance premium increase? 

@themanwithnoaim sorry I meant the DTUK box.  Or are you not declaring to the insurance?  Genuinely interested as I am considering one too.

3 hours ago, vrs4011 said:

Anyone ordered without the adaptive dampers?

Really interested to know how the standard suspension is as I'm still poring over the options list...is it an essential or is the ride already pretty good/good enough,?

I'll be ordering red by the way....i dont do subtle! #wierdo

vrs245-2.jpg

I have a pre FL. The ride is okay, but if DCC had been available when I ordered mine it would have been non negotiable.

A firm ride and good handling is all well and good, but the ability to relax the dampers and chill a bit, especially with car sick prone kids, or on a long motorway trip, would be invaluable to me. 

I'd definitely go for it - it may also help resale.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 23:14, The Big Mac said:

I haven't got a chance to take any decent  photos yet!!!

image001.jpg

20170818_202108.jpg

Is the black rear spoiler standard? I like it! I ordered mine in red but still waiting for details on when it will be ready. Also went with the DCC, Canton and sunroof...

As Far as I'm aware the Irish spec 245 gets a black spoiler. I think in the UK you need a Sunroof to get the Blsck spoiler.

I've just been to look at a Meteor grey 245 at my local dealer. No black spoiler, looks a bit odd at the back. Spoiler needs to be black, sets the back of the car off

• Like 1

Ah, so I might get the black spoiler by default then. Great, as when I proposed doing it afterwards, my wife was less keen on the idea. This way, she doesn't have a choice :)

I originally had the Meteor Grey on order too but she overruled me on that one too so I changed back to the red (we have a Fabia in the same colour of red which will be replaced by the Octavia so i do like that colour too).

Can't wait for it to come thought!

2 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

My Pre FL came with a Sparkley Black spoiler and Sunroof, perhaps you do need a Sunroof them

Keep me posted please

AG

Will do! I think if it doesn't, I'll get the vinyl wrap done as I think with the black mirrors, exhaust, wheels etc, it looks more coordinated with it done.