vRS245 ordered club

10 minutes ago, Janno1 said:

Very lucky indeed. I asked my salesman if there were any DSG ones about spare haha

Yes Skoda kept telling me that it would be over 25 week so i started asking other dealers and the one so happened to have one sitting in their showroom! I am paying more for it though

Just now, themanwithnoaim said:

@ 4.30am I have empty roads, I'm in no rush but by god, is that car shifting, average about 17mpg on the way to work

Turbo is loving the colder air

You seem to be quite excited. Is this your first turbo car? ;)

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

@ 4.30am I have empty roads, I'm in no rush but by god, is that car shifting, average about 17mpg on the way to work

I have this vision in my head of a sort of loony Postman Pat (I understand you work for Royal Mail from what you have posted before)...

...reminds me of this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BFEs7AwAurg

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Try it on cold foggy day, the water vapour acts like a form of water injection - you'll like that even more B)

15 hours ago, Hlywd said:

True but I'd expect Mpg to be better using eco.  Good Mpg though. I've not touched Eco whatsoever since I tried it for first time as it isn't responsive enough.... Understandably!

All that Eco does is lowers the throttle response and puts the car in neutral when you lift off the throttle.

MPG isn't great in these cars from what I have read, but I think its acceptable for a 250BHP Turbo

Finally got her to fart this morning (The car, not the missus) ;)

vRS Sport Mode, Manual mode on the DSG box and full throttle, changing up at 5000k

Couldn't get it to happen again though!

• Like 1

GUYS emergency I need advice.

Preston have just called me about a demonstrator they have.

3k miles

£3k down

£370 a month

2 services included

THEN the sales manager called and offered

£331.86

4 years

£3000

2 services

tank of gas

what the hell do I do? - Iv put an order in for a lease to come in march but that is £180 a month 2.4.k down in advance.

IV ONLY GOT 15 MINUITES TO CALL HIM BACK HELP!

2 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

GUYS emergency I need advice.

Preston have just called me about a demonstrator they have.

3k miles

£3k down

£370 a month

2 services included

THEN the sales manager called and offered

£331.86

4 years

£3000

2 services

tank of gas

what the hell do I do? - Iv put an order in for a lease to come in march but that is £180 a month 2.4.k down in advance.

IV ONLY GOT 15 MINUITES TO CALL HIM BACK HELP!

Guess it depends on whether you want to own the car or lease it?

Just now, ClarkyStu said:

Well I thought leasing would be a good idea, but now im torn.

Is there a final payment on that 4 year term? It depends how badly you want the car. Too be honest I would personally wait until March and pay much less, BUT as I said it depends if you want to buy the car or borrow it

You'll be paying ~£19000 over 4 years, what is the car for sale for?  If you plan on owning it or having some equity in it ( and you want a car sooner) go for the PCP option?

If you want a car brand new for less money (~£248 all in if you split your deposit across 3 years) then wait it out for the lease?

13 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

Didn't get it.

Worked out £3000 down

£331 a month 4 years

11k balloon at the end

GFV at £11,500

not worth it. Continue being impatient and waiting for march then....

Thank you for the replies...

Shouldn't the final payment of the ballon and the GFV be the same amount ?

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

2 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Shouldn't the final payment of the ballon and the GFV be the same amount ?

They try to make the final amount less than any gfv so there is some collateral in the car to entice you to put the difference towards a new one.  Saying that, to stop getting their fingers burnt and arguments when it's worth less, they've stopped giving out official gfv, the final price to pay tends to be around 3k less than what they think the car is worth (although not in this car for seems).

Just had an update on mine and it has gone from build week 2 to week 6!!! :crying::crying:

Hopefully this will come forward when it gets nearer to the time but on the plus side it may well be a 18 reg car :) 

1 minute ago, martysparty99 said:

Query about the magic day when in my case my 245 gets delivered.  Does a bloke just turn up at your house with it on a lorry and hand over the keys and that's that?

It wont come on a lorry. It will be driven by a delivery driver.

In my case, he turned up at my workplace, I had a look round and signed some paperwork etc. Then I dropped him off at the train station as I like to think I am a nice person :)

Just now, martysparty99 said:

Ah ok, just that in the email from Hortons it said "Delivery via transporter to your home address"   

Transporter means a bloke then!

If they are saying that then it may well be on a lorry. Usually you have to pay extra for it, but it also depends on how far away you live I guess. I live 135 miles from my dealership. It was delivered with 144 miles on it