vRS245 ordered club

5 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

You might wanna look at it first, spacer ain't really required

Yeah once it's arrived I can have a look. Mates got the 230 prefacelift and we've said that's needed them. Might be different on the 245.

Hey, new here. I ordered on 9th October and am still awaiting a build date. I notice a few of you have mentioned using Skoda Live Chat for an update. I have looked on their site and for the life of me cannot see any live chat link. Am I  just being blind?

5 hours ago, Janno1 said:

Yeah once it's arrived I can have a look. Mates got the 230 prefacelift and we've said that's needed them. Might be different on the 245.

The Mk3 fl has a 38mm wider rear track, the fronts don't look too inboard but, I'm thinking of going 255 width when I replace the tyres so, 15mm huncentric spacers maybe required.

18 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

The Mk3 fl has a 38mm wider rear track, the fronts don't look too inboard but, I'm thinking of going 255 width when I replace the tyres so, 15mm huncentric spacers maybe required.

Tbh I've not looked into the differences between the 2. What tyre size is there currently? Looks like just a set of springs may make it look ok. Plus dsg and no dcc. A set of stiffer springs may make it feel better with the fat.

5 minutes ago, Aston100 said:

I still can't find a complete spec list for the vrs 245 anywhere.

Can anyone tell me the brand and details of the tyres?

Also, how much a replacement might cost?

Thanks

225 35 r19 pirelli pzero. Think around 160?

If it comes with Pirelli P Zero's then you're going to be very disappointed because as a tyre they're absolutely ****.

They have no sidewall protection, unlike the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics and that leaves the all too fragile rims open to accidental damage, I know that because I have P Zeros on the current vRS and I've had two tyres go on me with side wall bulges, one was a pothole the other not and the last one lasted just 500 miles or so.

So get saving and get some decent tyres to replace the one's that come with it, because if they're Pirelli's you're also going to want some new rims or have rim protectors fitted.

1 minute ago, stepdavi said:

£128.95 at Camskill.

I think I'd probably just go through Kwik Fit, for convenience since their price includes fitting and you don't have to waste time and effort having the tyres arrive at your place and then drive them over to a garage.

Obviously I'm useless at changing tyres myself.

quick question, if vehicle is lease and requires new front tyres during lease( it will!) can they be replaced with different premium brands? as in replace the 2 front pirellis with michelin or contis? 

12 minutes ago, Janno1 said:

There's a new Michelin tyre out that brother in law has on his 800hp rs6. They are incredible for grip.  Sidewall is strong too . Can't remember the name mind 

Possibly the PS4s. Most of my Audi RS customers are going for these for their road cars. Cup 2s for their track cars.

16 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Possibly the PS4s. Most of my Audi RS customers are going for these for their road cars. Cup 2s for their track cars.

Just bought the Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 winters for mine although not fitted yet. Hope theyre good, they cost a fortune. 

54 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

That does ring a bell that name. Even with them on it spins at 60 in the dry haha. They'll be what I look at if I require some new rubber for the 245.

Quite likely Pilot Sport 4S's, or could be Pilot Super Sports - I've just replaced the factory fit P Zero's on my vRS with these (PSS), in 235/35/19 rather than 225's.

So far they are really, really good, although it's early days. The steering feels loads sharper and performance in the rain is superb - although I have 4x4, on particularly greasy bends and roundabouts I used to encounter understeer. That's now gone, albeit the tyres are relatively new still - it will be interesting to see what happens in about 5k miles.

Edited by pist0nbr0ke