vRS245 ordered club

I have just had my sales person E-mail me stating my car may be cancelled due to the books being full and production stopped.
My order went in on the 17th of October PLUS I apparently took over an order that had already been accepted by the factory.

2 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

I have just had my sales person E-mail me stating my car may be cancelled due to the books being full and production stopped.
My order went in on the 17th of October PLUS I apparently took over an order that had already been accepted by the factory.

Surprised by that. My order went in after, I think the 20th or so and I just god confirmation yesterday.

What are you going to go for instead?

Just now, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Surprised by that. My order went in after, I think the 20th or so and I just god confirmation yesterday.

What are you going to go for instead?

Im discussing it now, well im waiting for a response. - She's implied that any orders after mine have or are being cancelled, she's having to E-mail about 50 people regarding cancelling their order. Ect...

11 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

Im discussing it now, well im waiting for a response. - She's implied that any orders after mine have or are being cancelled, she's having to E-mail about 50 people regarding cancelling their order. Ect...

Talk about peeing people off :mad:

Just now, peterhardy said:

Talk about peeing people off :mad:

Understand your frustration as you can see your production date was pulled forward to week 8 as predicted but then Skoda announced this week 245ps production has been suspended as the UK’s allocation has been fulfilled.   I’m aware this is being urgently addressed as we have many customer in your position but when I cannot predict.

Your options are stick with the order in hope production will go ahead, cancel the order or consider the 230ps I will certainly look at making it worth your while keeping your order and changing it to the 230ps with an increased rebate figure.

Dates can change 3 weeks before production then it becomes a confirmed build so I can guarantee your order was not cancelled I sat with our administrator and watched her keep the original SLI order & build week we just changed the colour and options.  We are totally in the hands of the factory if they want to change the production schedules due to many factors lack of parts etc they will it happens.

I wish I could tell you more but I have no more information at this stage.

So that's what I have received, so even though I had a build date, up to three weeks before production they can amend or cancel.
Anyone ordered after the 17th I would be worried if I were you...

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

Understand your frustration as you can see your production date was pulled forward to week 8 as predicted but then Skoda announced this week 245ps production has been suspended as the UK’s allocation has been fulfilled.   I’m aware this is being urgently addressed as we have many customer in your position but when I cannot predict.

Your options are stick with the order in hope production will go ahead, cancel the order or consider the 230ps I will certainly look at making it worth your while keeping your order and changing it to the 230ps with an increased rebate figure.

Dates can change 3 weeks before production then it becomes a confirmed build so I can guarantee your order was not cancelled I sat with our administrator and watched her keep the original SLI order & build week we just changed the colour and options.  We are totally in the hands of the factory if they want to change the production schedules due to many factors lack of parts etc they will it happens.

I wish I could tell you more but I have no more information at this stage.

So that's what I have received, so even though I had a build date, up to three weeks before production they can amend or cancel.
Anyone ordered after the 17th I would be worried if I were you...

As long as they can do a 230 to the same spec as the 245 as the 245s come with more as standard for the same cost I'd be ok with that personally, plus that means I can have a green one again as that is my preferred colour.

5 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

As long as they can do a 230 to the same spec as the 245 as the 245s come with more as standard for the same cost I'd be ok with that personally, plus that means I can have a green one again as that is my preferred colour.

I get that, I wasn't that bothered about the increase in power 230 - 245 but rather what it comes with as standard like you said... in discussions currently...

230.PNG.ee990feac4e7baf205302a60d3e9efd0.PNG

So that's £900 more than the 245 - (I think its the same spec now however) and 15hp less.

she said she will get some quotes for me start of next week and we will go from there.

Have I missed anything as standard on the 245? -

6 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

230.PNG.ee990feac4e7baf205302a60d3e9efd0.PNG

So that's £900 more than the 245 - (I think its the same spec now however) and 15hp less.

she said she will get some quotes for me start of next week and we will go from there.

Have I missed anything as standard on the 245? -

19" wheels

1 minute ago, matt9407 said:

19s come with the black plus pack I think.

Im finding the 7 speed quite jerky. Maybe the 6 speed is smoother?

Good point, forgot about that. The 6 speeds are annoying on the motorway, had the 6 speed on the last S3 demo car I had. The 7 speed is a million times better on the motorway, I found it smoother but maybe that the Audi fettleing. 

Just now, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Good point, forgot about that. The 6 speeds are annoying on the motorway, had the 6 speed on the last S3 demo car I had. The 7 speed is a million times better on the motorway, I found it smoother but maybe that the Audi fettleing. 

Agree with you on that one. 80mph at 2000 revs is great

7 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

PLUS the DQ 381 7 speed DSG box instead of the standard.... oh for **** sake now im annoyed.

Milton Keynes...

I'd refuse them to cancel. If you have a build date that's it being built.

11 minutes ago, Janno1 said:

I'd refuse them to cancel. If you have a build date that's it being built.

You can't refuse the factory. If they cancel the build that is it, they can cancel up to 2 weeks before any proposed build week. The dealer has no say over the factory.

Edited by Famous_Afro_Jay
Can't spell

you said they may cancel the order ? i would stick to the 245 spec order , it will take a while to build but be worth it once it arrives. After driving a few of few of the 245's now i wouldn't want to settle for the 230 version.

28 minutes ago, mattuser said:

you said they may cancel the order ? i would stick to the 245 spec order , it will take a while to build but be worth it once it arrives. After driving a few of few of the 245's now i wouldn't want to settle for the 230 version.

Haha. Yeah the 245 is a totally different car to the 230. 

15 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

If ordered Cars are not built for say, 9 to 12 months will they be subject to Price increases/spec changes.  Will todays Quotes be honoured or will customers have to re-order. Skoda might Cancel the build and the Customer has to re-order at the new price.

Just a thought.

You would have to re order at any price/spec changes. Once any order is not accepted by factory thats it. You have to start the whole process again.

18 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

You would have to re order at any price/spec changes. Once any order is not accepted by factory thats it. You have to start the whole process again.

So this could involve Customers forking out and extra 5 to10% depending on Spec.  Put the Build count to Zero and start again, thats if they havent withdrawn the model 

• Sad 1