vRS245 ordered club

Guest garpat32

Also have spoken to CS today, no issues with my order, still showing as "accepted awaiting build week"

So as far as we know there's only been one cancellation? or have there been a few?

Sad thing is the skoda took some convincing for my other half to accept - she is a badge snob, i dont really care about the badge - more about the driving experience!

So now she is on board (sort of!) having to say (if it happens!) that the car fell through isnt going to be a positive!

1 minute ago, Ursicles said:

Sad thing is the skoda took some convincing for my other half to accept - she is a badge snob, i dont really care about the badge - more about the driving experience!

So now she is on board (sort of!) having to say (if it happens!) that the car fell through isnt going to be a positive!

My partner is also a brand snob and looked at me in disgust when I told her id ordered a 245. She cant stop driving it now.

Mine is a brand snob - but scared to drive what i buy!

My 911 turbo she drove for about 100yards once - took her about 2 mins as she was scared of the accelerator.  She never drove my boxster, but yet loves driving my MX5 - whic she hated when i said i was buying.

Just got off the phone with the business manager who sold me the lease deal.

Apparently she has entered my details again and I have been Re-allocated a slot, however it is now BW 14 instead of 8. She said I hope this cheers you up a bit, I nearly snapped at her!

I said I already had a build week which was cancelled what says this one wont be aswel! She didn't have an answer for that....

I dunno what to say or do anymore gents....

11 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

Also have spoken to CS today, no issues with my order, still showing as "accepted awaiting build week"

So as far as we know there's only been one cancellation? or have there been a few?

I'd ring the dealer as well, Skoda CS is a call centre, they read off a sheet, I think all answers are scripted to the question asked. If they don't know the answer you'll get a  " you need to contact your dealer " reply

When my 230 was getting mended Skoda CS got involved, my Case Manager was a young girl who knew nothing about cars, my weekly update started off as a weekly phone call but when I tied her up in knots asking questions my Weekly update reverted to a Text message, Not very professional.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

I think the dealers are hopeless too. I cancelled my 245 order with NVS when I found the other 245 sitting in the showroom. I still get updated regarding that car!

Havnt heard anything since I told them that I cancelled it though.

16 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

I emailed my dealer and they said my order was accepted by the factory with a delivery date of mid to late march.

I ordered on October 9th.  They said they had heard nothing about orders being canned or stopping production.

I can confirm the original build week was 8, the average lead time for your vehicle is around 25 weeks.
Due to the changes to vehicles on MY18 specification orders have now got a later build week.
We do not have any indication that your order has or will be cancelled.
~Stuart, your order has been confirmed by the factory with an unconfirmed production week of 14 2018, that is the 2nd April 2018.

latest update - back to waiting, this time for an extra month...

1 minute ago, ClarkyStu said:

I can confirm the original build week was 8, the average lead time for your vehicle is around 25 weeks.
Due to the changes to vehicles on MY18 specification orders have now got a later build week.
We do not have any indication that your order has or will be cancelled.
~Stuart, your order has been confirmed by the factory with an unconfirmed production week of 14 2018, that is the 2nd April 2018.

latest update - back to waiting, this time for an extra month...

That is a long wait for a 245. Have you ordered it because it was a good deal or have you ordered it because you wanted one and it will be your primary car? Only reason I ask is it could be worth looking at other cars and deals where the car is in stock etc. I now know that if I had not have gotten lucky with mine, I would be looking at other cars.

7 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Wonder what the changes to MY18 spec are??

They might have made a load of options standard, increasing the bloody base price and ruining any lease calculations :sweat:  The chap who reviewed the 245 in New Zealand, I noticed that nearly all of the option were standard.

Who knows whats going on, I'm going to wait it out in pure ignorance while checking this thread once an hour lol.

1 hour ago, Ursicles said:

Wonder what the changes to MY18 spec are??

There's no difference. Its the memory electric seat ect... I don't know why the factory are calling it a change, its everything I got shown in the dealership and in the booklet nothing different at all.

I ordered it as its a really good deal, plus I liked the idea of the car.

The 300 Leon was my other choice but its £300 a month with £2.5k down  (Manual)

The 245 is £160 a month with £2200  down (plus DSG)

5 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Got my order number from the broker - anyone know where i can enter it (or who to speak to) to get an idea of whether its live or dead?

http://www.trackmyskoda.co.uk/

The site above gives minimal info, if you go to Skoda website, down to bottom and contact, then this 'live chat' thing appears in the bottom right corner of page.  Speak to a advisor they can check your order.  They will be getting pi**ed off with us all asking them questions haha, hopefully they will do more digging as a result :D

• Thanks 1

When i put in my order number it says :

Thank you for your enquiry - Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date.

So fingers crossed here that it goes through - ill be adding that site to my faves now!

• Like 1

The track my skoda site does not really work.

It's not an official skoda webpage, but a dealer group. It say on the site that it's only if you ordered a car from them. 

It probably just links to an excel spreadsheet that someone updates every few days.

1 hour ago, ClarkyStu said:

The 300 Leon was my other choice but its £300 a month with £2.5k down  (Manual)

The page I link to below has a deal at £212.12 inc vat a month with £2208 down (Manual) over 24 months with 10k per year.

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/independent-brokers/fleetprices-co-uk-limited/seat/leon/260839312/

Cupra 300 started at £249 1+23, then went to £259 1+23. We went to look at one but decided it didn't have enough space. I think its a 30 week lead time now.

My other half is a bit of a brand snob and I am "down grading" her from a 520d M Sport Tourer but even she understands you can't pass up a VRS 245 for £1000 down £202 a month.

Edited by un1eash

1 minute ago, un1eash said:

Cupra 300 started at £249 1+23, then went to £259 1+23. We went to look at one but decided it didn't have enough space. I think its a 30 week lead time now.

My other half is a bit of a brand snob and I am "down grading" her from a 520d M Sport Tourer but even she understands you can't pass up a VRS 245 for £1000 down £202 a month.

Thats a good deal.

I originally went for the £2400 down and £152 a month for 10k deal via NVS and then found the showroom stock 245 at a Skoda dealer. They couldnt match the deal but I managed to get it for £794 down and around £230 a month for 8k miles which is only slightly more. Obviously I had already paid the NVS admin fee so lost that but it meant I now drive a 245