vRS245 ordered club

2 minutes ago, 1BODGER said:

Well that's amazing chewie.. Ordered mine the 1st week of October Same colour same spec although a hatchback.

But dates been put back to May. There doesn't seem to be any logical  pattern to when you ordered your car to when it arrives. Lost for words .

Will you wait? I'm considering my options, it's an awfully long time to be waiting for a car.

10 minutes ago, 1BODGER said:

Well that's amazing chewie.. Ordered mine the 1st week of October Same colour same spec although a hatchback.

But dates been put back to May. There doesn't seem to be any logical  pattern to when you ordered your car to when it arrives. Lost for words .

The dealer either had a unsold or cancelled slot that they could ammend or it could be part of larger dealer group with a larger contract with the supplier so they would.get priority. Happens all the time with Audi.

Driving around in the Mrs old Corsa at the moment. Which is ok

I don't need the 245.( But couldn't resist it at that price)

I've had the diesel vrs for the last 2 years liked the space, the boot, the car really. They've also promised us a possible bad winter this year. ( snow ) So I don't mind hanging on in the Corsa.

Had confirmation today that my 245 will be delivered tomorrow at the dealers, so should have it by the weekend. Exciting stuff. 

Quick question though, I was told when I bought it that the black surrounds around the fog lights were body colour unless you paid the £104.17 + VAT for Cornering Front Fog Lights with black surround. Can anyone confirm if this is the truth? 

I haven't seen any VRS 245's without the black surrounds, at the moment I have paid the money but will discuss with them on Wednesday if you confirm whether I've been had on here or not? 

13 minutes ago, Jos8282 said:

Had confirmation today that my 245 will be delivered tomorrow at the dealers, so should have it by the weekend. Exciting stuff. 

Quick question though, I was told when I bought it that the black surrounds around the fog lights were body colour unless you paid the £104.17 + VAT for Cornering Front Fog Lights with black surround. Can anyone confirm if this is the truth? 

I haven't seen any VRS 245's without the black surrounds, at the moment I have paid the money but will discuss with them on Wednesday if you confirm whether I've been had on here or not? 

Mine are black and its totally standard. See pic further up the thread 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aston100 said:

How can one tell the difference externally between a genuine 245 and a vrs with upgrades?

Doesn't have a special badge does it?

Not really apart from the black 19 inch xtreme alloys, black exhausts and a black VRS badge.

46 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Mine are black and its totally standard. See pic further up the thread 

Thanks for that Matt, I think I’ll be having a chat with the dealer about this then. 

2 minutes ago, Jos8282 said:

Thanks for that Matt, I think I’ll be having a chat with the dealer about this then. 

No problem. You will love the 245 though. It really is an incredible car :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Aston100 said:

How can one tell the difference externally between a genuine 245 and a vrs with upgrades?

Doesn't have a special badge does it?

The only thing that can't currently be brought aftermarket is the shiny black grill although admittedly, the Golf r 300mm ventilated rear discs are a bit of a tough upgrade just to make a lookalike

• Like 1

Yeah, to be honest I am not in a rush and I got a cheap lease deal so I want to hang in there. If nothing else, it is giving longer to save up for my next one, or to buy it. Hopefully I won’t jinx things, but my current car is fine as well. I’m going to check back in two weeks and if I get the same answer I’ll put some pressure on my dealer - not that it will help. 

Ordered a 245 on lease through my local Skoda dealer on 11th Nov and asked for delivery in 1st week March when my current lease finishes. Can’t wait and got what seems a great deal.  Will be my 3rd vrs

Was fortunate as had arranged to borrow/demo a 245 for the day on the 11th and was able to complete the order when I took the car back at the end of day because my quote was live on the system, whereas the dealer couldn’t order for new customers.

Edited by Reddazforever
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Ordered a 245 on lease through my local Skoda dealer on 11th Nov and asked for delivery in 1st week March when my current lease finishes. Can’t wait and got what seems a great deal.  Will be my 3rd vrs

Was fortunate as had arranged to borrow/demo a 245 for the day on the 11th and was able to complete the order when I took the car back at the end of day because my quote was live on the system, whereas the dealer couldn’t order for new customers.

Goodluck dude, theres a few of us including me who ordered months ago and have delivery / build weeks well after march.

Just now, ClarkyStu said:

Goodluck dude, theres a few of us including me who ordered months ago and have delivery / build weeks well after march.

Second this - 1st week in march is ambitious with the current wait times. 

11 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

...moved from week 3 to June sometime! Still unconfirmed so there is hope yet! 

11 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

WTF june?

I fear they maybe trying to let you down slowly

MIght be away of getting you to back out instead of them doing it for you. They'll be hoping you might change Model/Engine size or just take a 230.

I was quizzing a salesman at my local dealers last friday, he wasn't giving much away and told me not to believe all you hear on Car Forums. 

In case this helps anyone else who ordered a Vrs245 from early October, and is wondering about lead times...

Had a call from the sales manager from my local dealer this morning - to be fair, he's doing the best he can under the circumstances.

He had escalated my enquiry ("why no build week after 6 weeks?") to the area sales manager last week, who in turn has established that I'm on a 25 week lead time from date of order (not date of order acceptance by the factory). So that would put me at around 1st April.

They've stopped taking orders from dealers (for stock/demonstrators) for now, and have yet to see how this affects customer orders. Said they hope it will pull things forward a bit (suggested by up to 5 weeks, at best) but no guarantees whatsoever.

So, I either settle in for the long wait, or pull the order and look at other makes/models. Hmmmm

The salesman I quizzed last week told me Stock/demo orders were still being accepted.

Who do you believe?  I don't think anyone actually knows whats going on and they are just making up build times/weeks delays/lead times to give them selves some breathing space.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

While my 3 year old vRs was in for it's final (free) service yesterday I started chatting to the salesman about upgrading to the 245 as my PCP lease deal is up in July. So while the predicted build times don't bother me as I am happy to wait util my existing lease finishes, what did disappoint me was finding out that Skoda is no longer offering PCH deals on the 245. I don't care about having equity in the car so having a monthly lease payment of half what it would have been on PCP was very tempting. The initial PCP lease payment I have been quoted (admittedly before any real negotiation starts) is £422 a month which is too high so look's like I am going to have to look at a different make now. 

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

MIght be away of getting you to back out instead of them doing it for you. They'll be hoping you might change Model/Engine size or just take a 230.

I was quizzing a salesman at my local dealers last friday, he wasn't giving much away and told me not to believe all you hear on Car Forums. 

I'll play the waiting game for now - as long as my car hangs in there anyway. I contacted live chat again this morning and it's now an unconfirmed week 25, rather than 30 something. Who knows what goes on for scheduling...

Edited by ScottyNS

34 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

The wait is what it is. The reasons don't really matter, I have started to see deals on the golf r starting to pop up at seriously tempting prices.

golf R deal? im looking now and can only find expired deals