vRS245 ordered club

6 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

I have a 245. If I had to wait until mid next year, I would have gone elsewhere too be honest. Great car but its a long wait. If you want a Golf R, can your Broker not sort you a deal? Which in turn may save you your admin fee and cancellation charge.

Doesn't look like there is much flexibility when I enquiried previously. I was just pointed to the terms and conditions of the order which is fair enough but a little frustrating. I know you've mentioned it's a bit to refined but thinking that won't be an issue to me as I've spent the last 10 years driving sensible family wagons the last 2 being in an EV. I think I need to stop reading the leasing thread on the PH forum and just look forward to the eventual arrival on my 245 sometime in 2018 or 19!

More likely will return to sale in the UK once Skoda carry out 'More stringent Co2 testing in real world conditions'.  They would not want caught out with 'Implausible / Irregular Co2 emissions'.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/441885-more-stringent-co2-testing-in-real-world-conditions 

octavia-price-list.pdf

Edited by AwaoffSki

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

More likely will return to sale in the UK once Skoda carry out 'More stringent Co2 testing in real world conditions'.  They would not want caught out with 'Implausible / Irregular Co2 emissions'.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/441885-more-stringent-co2-testing-in-real-world-conditions 

octavia-price-list.pdf

Doesn't seem plausible to me.  Why only the 245?  Have they stopped selling the Golf GTi PP (exactly the same engine in the same state of tune).  And surely this would impact all (or at least all European) markets. I haven't seen any evidence 245 is unavailable anywhere but the UK.

I'm amazed after a few weeks that the real story behind 245 UK supply issues hasn't come out.  

Skoda never were implicated last time because they were 'Simply Clever'. December 2015 early 2016.

I thought the VW Group were paying to the UK Government for testing of VW Group vehicles being imported to the UK after the Diesel Emissions Scandal, 

surely not only for diesel vehicles.

Audi, VW, SEAT were, even Bought Back cars in 2016 like Golf R's, and others, and withdrew models about to be launched and cancelled orders.

So that was Implausible Co2 / MPG on some Diesels & Petrols.

VW reveals current models with incorrect CO2 and MPG figures _ Next Green Car.mhtml

VW slashes CO2 emissions scandal estimate to 36k vehicles - Autoblog.mhtml

Edited by AwaoffSki

12 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

?
Does anyone know the official Co2 g/km of a 2017 VW Golf GTI PP 245ps  Manual & for a DSG?

golf-gte-vii-pricelist.pdf

149 & 150 

http://carfueldata.dft.gov.uk/new-vehicle-tax.aspx

Edited by juan27
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

Yes, odd results with the heavier unladen 245 vRS DSG when compared to a Golf 230 DSG.

Time will tell which ones change upwards.

Golf GTI Pricing & Specifications _ Volkswagen UK.mhtml

octavia-price-list.pdf

They wouldn't stop selling the 245 because the CO2 tested figures might be subject to change. Anyway are you really suggesting that Skoda have some cheat that VW don't have? Seems a bit unlikely to me. 

15 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

Yes, odd results with the heavier unladen 245 vRS DSG when compared to a Golf 230 DSG.

Time will tell which ones change upwards.

Golf GTI Pricing & Specifications _ Volkswagen UK.mhtml

octavia-price-list.pdf

The 230 Golf GTI still has the six speed DSG, whereas the PP and VRS 245 have the 7 speed. Maybe that explains why the more powerful car has similar tested CO2. 

Granted the 245 has squeezed into VED band H by a whisker...but even if that might be subject to change it doesn't seem a reason to withdraw it from sale before the fact.

I honestly think they have pulled the 245 due to supply and demand.

UK has hit its allocated quota of 245s for 2017 and they are falling behind massively.

Wouldn't have thought it would be anything more complex than that?

11 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

I honestly think they have pulled the 245 due to supply and demand.

UK has hit its allocated quota of 245s for 2017 and they are falling behind massively.

Wouldn't have thought it would be anything more complex than that?

Exactly this. The UK had an allocation of X. The UK dealer network with the help of the online leasing companies sold X. That's it until more allocation is released if available.

22 hours ago, DBoycey said:

Ordered direct with dealer in North London. Spoke to dealer week before the build week and was told it was a code 20 on the system meaning that all was on time and confirmed for wk48. 

Hope he's telling the truth, I guess time will tell

Had it confirmed today, car has been built and is now awaiting shipping, hopefully not long to go now, looking forward to it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Exactly this. The UK had an allocation of X. The UK dealer network with the help of the online leasing companies sold X. That's it until more allocation is released if available.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/586915/2018-skoda-octavia-rs245-pricing-and-specs/

http://www.caradvice.com.au/607266/2018-skoda-octavia-rs245-review/?source=trending&slot=2

Launched in Australia in November.  I wonder if that's why UK supply is now restricted.

Just been talking to skoda on live chat and my order has unconfirmed build of week 14.

I mentioned all the rumours of cancelled orders or stopping production and he said "we are no longer taking new orders until mid next year, however, any vehicles already ordered are still being produced". 

• Like 1

Just had this from my dealer :  

Production slots for the current OCTAVIA vRS 245 are now full. This model will remain in production until week 26 2018 – however, we need to close factory ordering to guarantee build slots for all existing customer-tagged orders, including those on the wait list.

The OCTAVIA vRS 245 will remain on the configurator, and in SLi, to support sales of remaining network stock.

Any new factory orders placed from today (Monday 4 December 2017) will be cancelled, as will any demonstrator, stock or showroom orders either on the waitlist or without a build week.

OCTAVIA vRS 245 will be removed from the ŠKODA.co.uk website configurator from Monday 4 December.

We will bring back a 2.0 TSI 245PS vRS at model year 2019, which will go into production mid-2018.  Details will be communicated closer to the time.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

Just had this from my dealer :  

Production slots for the current OCTAVIA vRS 245 are now full. This model will remain in production until week 26 2018 – however, we need to close factory ordering to guarantee build slots for all existing customer-tagged orders, including those on the wait list.

The OCTAVIA vRS 245 will remain on the configurator, and in SLi, to support sales of remaining network stock.

Any new factory orders placed from today (Monday 4 December 2017) will be cancelled, as will any demonstrator, stock or showroom orders either on the waitlist or without a build week.

OCTAVIA vRS 245 will be removed from the ŠKODA.co.uk website configurator from Monday 4 December.

We will bring back a 2.0 TSI 245PS vRS at model year 2019, which will go into production mid-2018.  Details will be communicated closer to the time.

So basically all the MY18 allocation is used up as others have said. If you want a new 245 it will be MY19 now.

9 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Hopefully a 4 X 4  TSi Version

Don't hold your breath. This isn't the Skoda factory talking about a new model, they are just carrying on making the 245 with whatever minor changes for MY19 from BW 27. 

Just been on Skoda chat to get an update on mine, it has now changed from a confirmed build week 6 which the dealer told me to a unconfirmed build week of 7!

getting more & more confused as the weeks go on.

I have found a ex-demo 245 for sale fully loader with extra's for pretty much the same price I will be paying for the new one so may well go & have a look at that.