vRS245 ordered club

12 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

Third it. Bought a used one for my 123d and kept putting it in limp mode at high revs. Didn't even know  for certain if it actually was for a 123d! Definitely not worth saving £200 when fitting it to a ~30k car. 

On another note, my 245 is now build week 3. Keeps moving closer by one week each time I email.

my 120d was doing this. It would hit an imaginary Rev limiter at like 4k revs. Turned the box down and its fine now

5 hours ago, matt9407 said:

my 120d was doing this. It would hit an imaginary Rev limiter at like 4k revs. Turned the box down and its fine now

Arrrr slightly different issue, tractor technology ain't keen on lots of boost when the air being boosted is cold or very cold.

Reduce boost when the clocks go back, increase it again when the clocks go forward & you won't go far wrong. It can be worth switcing maps also, a little less torque can give better traction in winter on diesels

Just now, themanwithnoaim said:

Arrrr slightly different issue, tractor technology ain't keen on lots of boost when the air being boosted is cold or very cold.

Reduce boost when the clocks go back, increase it again when the clocks go forward & you won't go far wrong. It can be worth switcing maps also, a little less torque can give better traction in winter on diesels

You learn something new everyday!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richardwheat200 said:

Just had a call from Skoda.... build date week 21! June next year!!!!!  

I have a skoda on a pcp that finishes in February. 

Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh! 

When did you order? I've been pushing Skoda for an actual build week, all they've been able to tell me is end of April/start of May and that there's no actual build week confirmed yet. Not the most confidence inspiring information.......

Hoping my dealer is honest but I ordered 25th Oct and had a build week of 48 which was confirmed.  Should be less than a month before mine arrives. 

These BW of April, may and beyond is crazy

32 minutes ago, Mcburns88 said:

When did you order? I've been pushing Skoda for an actual build week, all they've been able to tell me is end of April/start of May and that there's no actual build week confirmed yet. Not the most confidence inspiring information.......

Exactly 1 month ago. 

48 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Drove the golf R today, its bloody amazing. Not sad I jumped ship.

Different class of car. And more expensive. Rs3 / a45 would be better than golf r but again different class of car.

Edited by stepdavi
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, andyd665 said:

I see the w45 has been removed from the Skoda website configurator

Just seen that too, 245 completely removed from the configurator!?    I'd have to imagine if it's removed from there then it's removed for good?? or do they ever remove models then add them back in at a later date? 

When I went to the dealer last week to try to add Heated Windscreen and Washer Jets to my 230 order and he asked me if I fancied a 245 instead as there were a couple of cancelled orders in their system if I could take it before Xmas.

One Red and One Black. They weren’t taking orders for new builds/deliveries.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DBoycey said:

Hoping my dealer is honest but I ordered 25th Oct and had a build week of 48 which was confirmed.  Should be less than a month before mine arrives. 

These BW of April, may and beyond is crazy

That is the shortest lead time iv heard of, I ordered before that and im bw14.
Did you order direct? Have you had confirmation ect?

3 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

That is the shortest lead time iv heard of, I ordered before that and im bw14.
Did you order direct? Have you had confirmation ect?

Ordered direct with dealer in North London. Spoke to dealer week before the build week and was told it was a code 20 on the system meaning that all was on time and confirmed for wk48. 

Hope he's telling the truth, I guess time will tell

Just had this response from a dealer via email about the 245 being pulled:

"Hello,

You can no longer order the 245 as Škoda have taken it out of production. You can still order the rest of the VRS range. The demand got high and they cannot get them into production quick enough, we should see ordering back around July time next year."

I'm in the same boat as many of you guys. Ordered my 245 on 2nd October via a broker, standard spec red manual, and have gone from build week 4 then to 11 and now at 9. Seems to be a random number generator every time I speak with Skoda via live chat. Really tempted to jump ship to the Golf R deal but looks like I'll be hit with losing my £249 broker fee which I can live with but will then get stung with a £500 cancellation charge. 

I've still not even seen a 245 in the flesh let alone drive one so hope it's worth the wait. Suppose it will feel like a rocket ship coming from the near 300,000 mile Passat I've had to buy as a stop gap between leases.

2 minutes ago, DDraig said:

Just had this response from a dealer via email about the 245 being pulled:

"Hello,

You can no longer order the 245 as Škoda have taken it out of production. You can still order the rest of the VRS range. The demand got high and they cannot get them into production quick enough, we should see ordering back around July time next year."

I know you are just telling us what the dealer said but Its plainly not true that they have "taken it out of production"  unless all the current orders in progress are going to be cancelled, which would be appalling after assuring folks they will be getting a car eventually over the last few weeks. 

Unless they've got some problems with parts supply or a big recall/warranty issue  on the way its a ridiculously short production run bearing in mind they only started taking orders in May and delivered the first cars end of August.  

In some markets the 245 is the only petrol VRS, I wonder if they are getting the production and the UK has been throttled back on the basis punters will settle for a 230?

1 minute ago, woody2384 said:

I'm in the same boat as many of you guys. Ordered my 245 on 2nd October via a broker, standard spec red manual, and have gone from build week 4 then to 11 and now at 9. Seems to be a random number generator every time I speak with Skoda via live chat. Really tempted to jump ship to the Golf R deal but looks like I'll be hit with losing my £249 broker fee which I can live with but will then get stung with a £500 cancellation charge. 

I've still not even seen a 245 in the flesh let alone drive one so hope it's worth the wait. Suppose it will feel like a rocket ship coming from the near 300,000 mile Passat I've had to buy as a stop gap between leases.

I have a 245. If I had to wait until mid next year, I would have gone elsewhere too be honest. Great car but its a long wait. If you want a Golf R, can your Broker not sort you a deal? Which in turn may save you your admin fee and cancellation charge.