vRS245 ordered club

7 minutes ago, bartek004 said:

Success. I had to pay them extra 90 pounds for cancellation of Skoda and ordering a Golf. It will cost me 330 pm instead of 253 but I had a Golf R 7.5 for 5 months and part from seats and adaptive cruise control everything is better in VW. And waiting time is 12 weeks not 26. 

I have confirmed cancellation of my order this morning and ordered a Golf R estate - Turmeric Yellow with the 19" Pretorias (expensive but detest the standard wheels) - adaptive cruise control is standard on the R 

7 minutes ago, bartek004 said:

I know it is and that is why Skoda is better because it is a extra option. In my opinion acc is terrible unfortunately you can't switch it off.

Now I understand - also completely agree but I never use cruise control anyway :-)

Would I be right in thinking then that all of the people who have not got confirmed build date or long lead times are the ones who have had them on PCH?

I've had mine on PCP and my order was place the last week of September and has been confirmed for build week 6.

I ordered mine on PCH about a month ago, no idea if I have a build date or not, as I told the dealer not to bother calling with updates as I don't need it until near end of April, think I said to give me an update at end of December, but not getting stressed over it as I'm only renting it and will no doubt find something else if it all goes a bit Pete Tong!

1 hour ago, OliR said:

Would I be right in thinking then that all of the people who have not got confirmed build date or long lead times are the ones who have had them on PCH?

I've had mine on PCP and my order was place the last week of September and has been confirmed for build week 6.

Not at all. Mine is a cash buy (won it through BOTB, would not be buying it outright with my own cash) with £4k of extra options I've paid for.   Ordered 11th September, currently unconfirmed build week bloody 18!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ClarkyStu said:

I think if you use the same broker you can use the same fee, if not I can see them loosing a lot of business.

My broker is letting me swap to a Golf R using the same fee. I have just signed all the paperwork and should get the car at least a month earlier than I was expecting the vRS.

So, seeing as some of you are nearing the £400pcm mark, assuming you have a trade-in worth at least  £6k or some cash lying around (!), I saw this today:

S4 Saloon 3.0 TFSI quattro 354 PS tiptronic with metallic paint (a £645 option) and £3,150 deposit contribution at 2.9% APR Representative

Duration
4 years
Monthly Payments
47 × £429
On The Road Price
£46,145
Customer Deposit
£6,050.60
Retailer Contribution
£3,150
Total Deposit
£9,200.60
Optional Final Payment
£19,994.65
Option to Purchase Fee
£10
Annual Mileage
Excess (per mile)
15.6p
Total Amount of Credit
£26,944.40
Total Amount Payable
£49,368.25
Fixed Rate of Interest
2.85%

Representative APR: 2.9%

9 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

So, seeing as some of you are nearing the £400pcm mark, assuming you have a trade-in worth at least  £6k or some cash lying around (!), I saw this today:

S4 Saloon 3.0 TFSI quattro 354 PS tiptronic with metallic paint (a £645 option) and £3,150 deposit contribution at 2.9% APR Representative

Duration
4 years
Monthly Payments
47 × £429
On The Road Price
£46,145
Customer Deposit
£6,050.60
Retailer Contribution
£3,150
Total Deposit
£9,200.60
Optional Final Payment
£19,994.65
Option to Purchase Fee
£10
Annual Mileage
Excess (per mile)
15.6p
Total Amount of Credit
£26,944.40
Total Amount Payable
£49,368.25
Fixed Rate of Interest
2.85%

It is only 0.1 s faster than a golf. Not worth it ;)

2 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

The estate with all of the options I'd want pushes it well above 500. Plus I already work for Audi so just fancy anything else at this point.

Fair point. Options / estate etc can affect the price big style.

I looked a while back at a Superb 280 Estate with pano & a few other options. Over £500pcm too. 

At the end of the day (I sound like a football manger!) you generally get what you pay for. That’s why some of the Golf R deals seem so amazing! 

2 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

Fair point. Options / estate etc can affect the price big style.

I looked a while back at a Superb 280 Estate with pano & a few other options. Over £500pcm too. 

At the end of the day (I sound like a football manger!) you generally get what you pay for. That’s why some of the Golf R deals seem so amazing! 

I also looked at the Superb but the cost was crazy. To me the little extra cash for the golf made sense for the extra car.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OliR said:

No. Mines a PCH with build week 4. Completely standard manual red estate. 

55 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

I also looked at the Superb but the cost was crazy. To me the little extra cash for the golf made sense for the extra car.

Afro, have you changed your 245 order to Golf R?

1 hour ago, dunc69 said:

Duration
4 years
Monthly Payments
47 × £429
On The Road Price
£46,145
Customer Deposit
£6,050.60
Retailer Contribution
£3,150
Total Deposit
£9,200.60
Optional Final Payment
£19,994.65
Option to Purchase Fee
£10
Annual Mileage
Excess (per mile)
15.6p
Total Amount of Credit
£26,944.40
Total Amount Payable
£49,368.25
Fixed Rate of Interest
2.85%

440 litre boot, don't tick any family boxes

Can't believe buying a car is so damned difficult nowadays.

After being offered a great deal on a Golf R I confirmed it yesterday only for them to come back and say that the price had gone up by £40 per month

This morning I enquired about a Leon Cupra ST 300 - I did jokingly say that I would have been interested in a Cupra ST 300 4Drive if the monthlies were not so crazily high - 10 mins later I got a quote for just such a car at £3 per month less than the VRs 245 and with an extra 2k per annum allowance - £1800 down and £300 per month including metallic and a couple of other options totalling £1200 

Needless to say I placed the order

2 hours ago, andyd665 said:

After being offered a great deal on a Golf R I confirmed it yesterday only for them to come back and say that the price had gone up by £40 per month

This morning I enquired about a Leon Cupra ST 300 - I did jokingly say that I would have been interested in a Cupra ST 300 4Drive if the monthlies were not so crazily high - 10 mins later I got a quote for just such a car at £3 per month less than the VRs 245 and with an extra 2k per annum allowance - £1800 down and £300 per month including metallic and a couple of other options totalling £1200 

I saw the same deal, only in manual however on the ST300 and for me its an extra 135 a month.

3 hours ago, andyd665 said:

Meh better buy some earplugs to reduce the Seat (as in manufacturers name, the rattles will come from every & any where) rattles

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Meh better buy some earplugs to reduce the Seat (as in manufacturers name, the rattles will come from every & any where) rattles

Can't be any worse than the rattles and squeaks from the dash and boot of my M135i

Edited by andyd665
  • Haha 1

On 11/30/2017 at 13:29, andyd665 said:

I have confirmed cancellation of my order this morning and ordered a Golf R estate - Turmeric Yellow with the 19" Pretorias (expensive but detest the standard wheels) - adaptive cruise control is standard on the R 

Was it going to be on PCP? Had you paid an initial deposit and if so, did you get it back?