vRS245 ordered club

14 hours ago, dunc69 said:

Sounds like an excellent shout if the numbers add up. You can’t beat a few top notch extras.The pano roof in particular hugely lifts the car interior & is awesome in the summer. If you have kids they will love it too!

Don’t discount a car just because someone else has driven it first. Even a new car has probably been ragged to & from the boat! 

Edit: Just re-read your post. Same price as your boggo-spec order? Get the MD’s car. You’ll not regret it. In a few months both will be second hand cars and you will have the benefit of the extras. 

AND, you can have it now! Go for it buddy! 

Going for look at it & test drive this afternoon so will see.

If nothing else it will be the first time I will have seen a 245 & will get to drive to at least see what they are like having already ordered one

3 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Only downside is the higher interest rates on second hand compared to new

Very true. will see what deal they can do & even if they could match what I already have been told for a new one

I'm still waiting on a build week and ordered in the last week of September. Getting really cheesed off with the situation now to be honest. Keep asking for one and get nothing positive back. I'll be cancelling my order soon at this rate I think. When I ordered initially, I was told it should be around end of December for delivery!!!

On 8 December 2017 at 20:28, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Yes there will more likely be upgrades. Maybe even an uplift in the standard spec so some of the options you may have paid for will 've standard with an uplift in base spec pricing.

So you mean that you get all those "options" as standard but at an increased price. That's ok if 1. You want such options. 2. The base price increase appears to give you the options at a lower price than if you specced the options separately.

1 hour ago, alex_e3 said:

Simpsons Preston.

Going to give it a little longer and see if anything materialises first and then go from there. Never had a lease car before, so need to do a little research on my options first.

They quoted April as earliest delivery for an Octavia VRS when my mate enquirer last week.

Edited by KevC_Derby

21 minutes ago, Redboy said:

So you mean that you get all those "options" as standard but at an increased price. That's ok if 1. You want such options. 2. The base price increase appears to give you the options at a lower price than if you specced the options separately.

Depends on what the options are. Can also go both ways. For instance folding mirrors and memory seats may be options you will have to pay for going forwards. Instead of guessing let's just see what happens.

21 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Depends on what the options are. Can also go both ways. For instance folding mirrors and memory seats may be options you will have to pay for going forwards. Instead of guessing let's just see what happens.

I am not guessing as you are, I just trying to see the advantage to the consumer, vice Skoda's profit margin, in making an optional extra part of the standard fit and then raising the model's base price, rather than setting a lower standard price and allowing the customer to select their required options. What will definitely happen is that the base price for a 245 (if /when it becomes available to UK customers again)  will probably rise due to inflation and because UK demand has shown that it was priced on the lowish side. 

2 minutes ago, Redboy said:

I am not guessing as you are, I just trying to see the advantage to the consumer, vice Skoda's profit margin, in making an optional extra part of the standard fit and then raising the model's base price, rather than setting a lower standard price and allowing the customer to select their required options. What will definitely happen is that the base price for a 245 (if /when it becomes available to UK customers again)  will probably rise due to inflation and because UK demand has shown that it was priced on the lowish side. 

The consumer of old models Or those looking at older spec cars are of little consideration to the manufacturer. It's all about keeping up with the competition and the advances in tech like LED headlights for example. Price will always rise with inflation but the manufacturers use this as a time to discontinue some of the less chosen options. I've only worked for premium manufacturers, never this far down the food chain but the motor trade is very similar all over so I can make educated guesses based on experience. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

Just a quick question for people that have their 245s/230s... given the current snow in most parts of the uk, how are you finding driving in the snow/ice? Good? Bad? My Accord is pretty hopeless!

I have driven mine a tiny bit and it was ok. Going to attempt the commute this morning. Out of a fwd 245 and a rwd 1 series, i know which car i would rather be in lol. However my partner has a mini countryman All4 so that may be a safer option

Edited by matt9407

9 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yeah I had to take it a little easier in the inclement conditions but, its kinda ok

20171211_045941.jpg

Wow how do you consistently get horrendous mpg haha? Do you drive like a mad man?!

So I went for a test drive in this ex demo 245 I had seen & WOW!!! Having not actually driven one even though I have ordered one I was very, very impressed!

As for the car itself I am seriously considering cancelling my order & going for this one,  it's an extra £100 pm on the repayments but considering its got every option fitted to it that is not a bad price, plus I wont have to wait till April...

Decisions, decisions :wondering:

2 minutes ago, OliR said:

So I went for a test drive in this ex demo 245 I had seen & WOW!!! Having not actually driven one even though I have ordered one I was very, very impressed!

As for the car itself I am seriously considering cancelling my order & going for this one,  it's an extra £100 pm on the repayments but considering its got every option fitted to it that is not a bad price, plus I wont have to wait till April...

Decisions, decisions :wondering:

I have been offered a similar, my only issue is that im not going for the options as I only went for the deal due to the price.
If im now happy to pay more, there would be other car's in the list I would look at.

That being said, in your position I wouldn't hesitate, go for it and enjoy it :)

Just now, ClarkyStu said:

I have been offered a similar, my only issue is that im not going for the options as I only went for the deal due to the price.
If im now happy to pay more, there would be other car's in the list I would look at.

That being said, in your position I wouldn't hesitate, go for it and enjoy it :)

That's the same with me, on the new one I didn't go with options cause of cost even though I would have liked the DCC, Columbus stereo ect.

the price this one is up for is exactly the same as the base spec one I Have ordered and the only reason for the extra on the monthly payments is cause you do not get the Skoda deposit contribution on it.

Got confirmation my car has BW 50, which should mean it's being built as I type! Hopefully should get my hands on it mid-to-late January (since there's another winter shutdown at Skoda apparently).

Can't wait - will be around 7 months since I ordered it by then so let's hope the wait is worth it!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

Got confirmation my car has BW 50, which should mean it's being built as I type! Hopefully should get my hands on it mid-to-late January (since there's another winter shutdown at Skoda apparently).

Can't wait - will be around 7 months since I ordered it by then so let's hope the wait is worth it!

Amazing mate!   Finally eh!     So do we think the switch to DSG did or didn't have any effect on the build date?

Out of interest, before this update, what unconfirmed BW was it sitting at do you know?      I'm still unconfirmed BW 15!!  Cheers! 

Just now, Muzza80 said:

Amazing mate!   Finally eh!     So do we think the switch to DSG did or didn't have any effect on the build date?

Out of interest, before this update, what unconfirmed BW was it sitting at do you know?      I'm still unconfirmed BW 15!!  Cheers! 

Per Andy it pushed it out a little bit. I think he mentioned previously an unconfirmed BW of 42 before I changed it to DSG but to be honest, week 42 had been and gone before I changed it to DSG. I'm not sure it made any difference in all honesty. Might be worth checking with the chat on Skoda Customer Services to see what they say. Challenging what I'd been told by Andy vs what CS told me was what seemed to get things moving with updates on my car's status so worth a shot I think. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Great news dude, I put a complaint into Skoda last week, they're coming back to me Wednesday with a timeline of the delays on my order and also a forecast for between now and well now and may.

Originally I was advised Feb - Now mid to end May.

• Thanks 1