vRS245 ordered club

Just now, matt9407 said:

Make me an offer :) I paid £380 for it last month

I take it it was purchased new direct from DTUK?
I know above (themanwithnoaim) has one I think with the different map? if you could clarify?

4 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Direct from DTUK yes. Tried to return it but I am outside of the returns period. Mine has the same map as his - All brand new boxes come with the Clubsport map on them as standard now

Ok great thanks, il see what the missus says, she knows iv been looking at one for a while.

Received some good news this morning from my case handler.... Skoda have agreed to cover the additional costs incurred by me in extending my current lease until my new vrs 245 arrives.  So will cover the MOT, diff between current monthly payment and agreed 245 payment (£67/mth) and 2 new tyres which will be required now i’ll Be using the car past 7 March.  No news on the build date for the 245 but at least I can continue in my current vrs until the new one arrives and not be out of pocket

• Like 2

Just had call today from customer services.  Was offered a Vrs 230 Car in stock for £2000 more over the two year term.  Apparently that’s what they consider comparable to the 245 Vrs I ordered back in October......

unsurprisingly I said they needed to find some other alternative way to resolve the delayed delivery issue.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ursicles said:

They have really ballsed this up haven't they!!

An inferior car for £2k more is hardly a resolution!

What did they say after the you told them to shove it?

She did then say they had an even lower spec 230 (the one offered had the black pack) which would be a bit cheaper.  I made the point that by ‘saving’ 200 on a crap deal still means it’s a crap deal.

She is now looking at ‘alternatives’ with managers next week.  Apparently my order is now prioritised so up to BW 11 now so only 3 months late rather than 4.5 months.

ive managed to find an almost identical 245 that’s coming into the UK in 2-3 weeks.  Spoke to that dealer who is doing me a quote but it’ll be so much more expensive than the £6k offer I have now so will try and get my case reviewer to push the garage to match the original deal.  I’d honestly pay a bit extra to get the car in 2/3 weeks than 3 months.

Let’s see what next week brings!!

• Like 1

Really glad i found this thread, after ordering in the autumn I can now see that everyone is having the same issues! I have a week 8 build date (ATM)  whats the background to why production has stopped/paused? 

(Red DSG Saloon.)

1 minute ago, RussTi said:

Really glad i found this thread, after ordering in the autumn I can now see that everyone is having the same issues! I have a week 8 build date (ATM)  whats the background to why production has stopped/paused? 

(Red DSG Saloon.)

Welcome.  Same order as mine which was made in 5th October.  Currently BW 11.

5 hours ago, Reaperrsx said:

Welcome.  Same order as mine which was made in 5th October.  Currently BW 11.

Very odd the timescales etc. Ordered mine Oct 30th and have bw9, was 4. I do suppose it depends on spec etc.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 19:00, Reaperrsx said:

Just had call today from customer services.  Was offered a Vrs 230 Car in stock for £2000 more over the two year term.  Apparently that’s what they consider comparable to the 245 Vrs I ordered back in October......

unsurprisingly I said they needed to find some other alternative way to resolve the delayed delivery issue.

They tried this with me, she found a 230 with most of the extras that the 245 has as standard and monthly it was like 90 more each month, I said get real.

Luckily however, iv been moved back to BW4 (this week) I just hope nothing changes.
Stick in there guys, I got offered to cancel my order SO many times.

• Like 1

Guest garpat32

Those that have had offers of other cars, are these PCH or PCP deals, and via broker or direct through dealer?

Thanks.

ps, still no bw at all, ordered end of Oct, standard spec hatch but with Meteor Grey. :crying:

11 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

Those that have had offers of other cars, are these PCH or PCP deals, and via broker or direct through dealer?

Thanks.

ps, still no bw at all, ordered end of Oct, standard spec hatch but with Meteor Grey. :crying:

Mine is PCH from dealer.

14 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

Thanks.

I swapped to a Golf R lease with the same broker, only 20 quid difference or so pcm in my crazy spec. Car is already built and is on the way for the 1st of March.

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 09:27, RussTi said:

whats the background to why production has stopped/paused? 

I was told by my dealer that they had trouble finding the appropriate amounts of Alcantara for the seats.

I said I'd happily slum it with a full leather version, but the dealer wasn't having it!

• Haha 1

Mine is through a broker on a lease, but case handler was the one who mentioned the free car thing.

Although others are saying that they are just offering to cover the difference between peoples current lease and the VRs lease.  Tempted to say no if they don't offer me one to not bother and wait til VRs is ready and just save the £ in the meantime.

For anyone who thinks they are delaying them to try get out of unprofitable lease deals, how does that explain the same delays impacting me an Irish customer? Ordered 11 weeks ago and nowhere near getting mine either. 

Re Alcantara.  read the thread on that in the Karoq section.

These Car Dealership salespeople are just telling people any old thing.

Ask ' The Dealer',  the Principal Dealer, ie their boss, ask in writing and get an answer in writing, is there an Alcentara shortage?

( has VW Group upset suppliers again.)

CEO of a big Motor Group i spoke to on Friday had never heard of 'the endangered Alcantara'  or Prince Charles campaigning against the hunting of the Alcantara and the possible demise of them....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi all,

Completely new to this thread and forum!  Glad I found it though, very helpful.  I feel like I may be one of the lucky ones....  I ordered my 245 on the 18th of October.  Was advised that expected delivery would be around early March which was perfect for me as my current car is going back at the end of Feb.  Got an update not long after that my BW was confirmed for 47 and that the car would be ready early Jan!  While i'm still waiting for March delivery (which has been very difficult!)  I got an Email today saying my car is built, in stock and ready to go.  Just very much hoping now that this is all correct and someone hasn't messed up somewhere....

• Like 2