Delivery Timescales

The long wait continues. April 5th seems so far and still nothing ... no date of the week of construction. I hope that the factory lay-off do not delay the car even further ...

From your notion how long until there is a construction date. 2 months? plus 1 for delivery?

Greetings to all

Hi Almeida

If you ordered the car on 5th April then you may have a good wait yet, depending on the spec you have chosen and factory shut down. Your dealer or Skoda Customer Services in your country is your best bet for accurate info.

The fastest I have heard of was 7 weeks and the longest 27.

11 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Hi Almeida

If you ordered the car on 5th April then you may have a good wait yet, depending on the spec you have chosen and factory shut down. Your dealer or Skoda Customer Services in your country is your best bet for accurate info.

27 weeks, hah! That's nothing! I'm approaching 34

11 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Hi Almeida

My Skoda dealer told me today that the order is proposed for construction but still undated.

He also said that normally is around 4 months till delivery. (120 days written in the order contract).

27 :speechless:

34 :blink:

If in 120 days I do not have the car keys, Skoda has to provide me with a replacement with the same features

I was told 14 weeks by my dealer. It took 23. I hope your wait is a lot shorter! The build week is not locked and confirmed until 2 weeks before so can fluctuate from now until then.

yes. after 1 week of the order i was able to change the color of the rims.

Another "detail" that I do not accept is there is no real-time application with customer information of the order status.

Even to received a pizza of 20 euros or a package from some delivery company I have an application to check the status.

It is ridiculous that for a product that costs much more there is nothing. At least on Skoda.

Sorry for the outburst.

Edited by Almeida

I quite agree.  The level of customer service and false information provided is why I said, way way back in this thread, that this would be my first and last Skoda.

1 hour ago, Almeida said:

The long wait continues. April 5th seems so far and still nothing ... no date of the week of construction. I hope that the factory lay-off do not delay the car even further ...

From your notion how long until there is a construction date. 2 months? plus 1 for delivery?

Greetings to all

Almeida - skoda UK Customer services told me that all UK MY18 245s had to be built no later than week 22 and production for the MY19 cars with revised specs and engines will commence wk 31.  Believe the factory is closing for 3 weeks around wk 27, so suggests your car will have to be built before then.  Delivery timescales once built for UK delivery are running around 4-6 weeks, not sure what it is for your location.  Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long although am surprised you were able to order a 245 in April.  Fairly certain UK order book closed at the end of 2017 or possibly Jan.

41 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Almeida - skoda UK Customer services told me that all UK MY18 245s had to be built no later than week 22 and production for the MY19 cars with revised specs and engines will commence wk 31.  Believe the factory is closing for 3 weeks around wk 27, so suggests your car will have to be built before then.  Delivery timescales once built for UK delivery are running around 4-6 weeks, not sure what it is for your location.  Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long although am surprised you were able to order a 245 in April.  Fairly certain UK order book closed at the end of 2017 or possibly Jan.

It did not bother me if it was 245 but for now I ordered the 1.0 tsi style  with some nice extras.:)

Thanks for the information about the factory closing. I also believe that my car will be build by the end of jun.

Edited by Almeida

Wait, so the entire factory closes for 3 weeks during july? I ordered my 1.5 tsi on May 2nd and was given a 90 day delivery period. Is it possible they don't respect it at this point? When I ordered it nobody said anything about factory closing.

31 minutes ago, LyuTomov said:

Wait, so the entire factory closes for 3 weeks during july? I ordered my 1.5 tsi on May 2nd and was given a 90 day delivery period. Is it possible they don't respect it at this point? When I ordered it nobody said anything about factory closing.

In my case when I made the order they also did not tell me about it. They began to say that they would be around 90 days but by the way of doubts, by one or another delay at the end I was warned that 120 days was safer. Later on reading what they said in the forum, I associated that this delay could be of the lay-off of the factory.

Hope they build them before.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LyuTomov said:

The factories close for a couple of weeks every year to be cleaned, refreshed, retooled. 

Delivery dates are just edtimates.  When I ordered my 245 on 11 November, I was promised i’d have my new car by First week of March (a 16 week wait).  Am still waiting but car is built and due to be shipped.  Will be 29 weeks (7 months) when I finally get and Skoda have confirmed that a number of lines are currently running with 8 month wait times which they’re trying to sort.  The huge switch from Diesel engines to petrol in the past 6 months has been the main driver and is affecting a number of manufacturers incl all parts of the VW group and certain models/engines - not all.  Local skoda dealers can advise wait times per model as their system provided updates on this every week.

• Thanks 1

I was in a dealers on Saturday ordering a 1.5 SE L and when he checked there was a sudden increase in leadtimes on the Octavia, I was quoted 15 weeks (so end of August). I'll let it get into the 'system' and see if things improve.

I would be willing to bet that the 15 weeks you have been quoted will not include the 3 week factory shutdown.

Fingers crossed for an early build for you :).

1 hour ago, peterhardy said:

I would be willing to bet that the 15 weeks you have been quoted will not include the 3 week factory shutdown.

Fingers crossed for an early build for you :).

it may have included it, not 100% sure, the list the dealer was using did seem to have a sudden increase in leadtimes, which may have taken the shut down into effect, but to be honest unless it's a lot sooner (doubtful) I'd prefer it to be a bit longer as we're on holiday in September - me and the wife recently had both company cars stolen (ironically 2 days after being told mine was being taken back as cost cutting) so unless I can get the dealer to hold it in their yard I wouldn't want the new baby left on the drive, or park it at the airport so it gets covered in kerosene

TBH, I would say that September is more likely so hopefully after your holidays. I think most dealers will store your car for a couple of weeks without too much hassle.

Bad luck getting both company cars nicked! Maybe put landmines around the Octy :D.

4 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

TBH, I would say that September is more likely so hopefully after your holidays. I think most dealers will store your car for a couple of weeks without too much hassle.

Bad luck getting both company cars nicked! Maybe put landmines around the Octy :D.

Landmines??? hmmmm, now there's an idea :D

At the time, I did regret not hearing the break in, but as it was a couple of days before that burglar got stabbed with his own screwdriver my mates said it was probably a good thing, knowing my luck I'd have been stabbed or I would have killed a 16 year old kid 

13 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Agree. A car isn't worth a jail sentence or a hospital stay, or worse. Let's hope you have no further trouble!

amen to that - cheers

anyway, lets get back onto Skoda's leadtimes, where's my car!!!! :D

• Haha 1

Just received a call from the dealer this morning! Collecting my Octy on Wednesday :)

Car journey so far: 

Order placed: 14/02/2018

Original (unconfirmed) build week: week 21

Confirmed build week: week 17

Car built: 04/05/2018 (+79 days)

In transit to Emden: 06/04/2018 (+2 days)

At Emden: 09/05/2018 (+3 days)

Shipped: 13/05/2018 (+4 days)

At Sheerness in the UK: 14/05/2018 (+1 day)

En route to the dealer: 19/05/2018 (+5 days)

At the dealership: 21/05/2018 (+2 days)

Collection: 23/05/2018 (+2 days)

The total number of days: 98 days

Edited by Remis
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Remis said:

Just received a call from the dealer this morning! Collecting my Octy on Wednesday :)

Car journey so far: 

Order placed: 14/02/2018

Original (unconfirmed build week): week 21

Confirmed build week: week 17

Car built: 04/05/2018 (+79 days)

In transit to Emden: 06/04/2018 (+2 days)

At Emden: 09/05/2018 (+3 days)

Shipped: 13/05/2018 (+4 days)

At Sheerness in the UK: 14/05/2018 (+1 day)

En route to the dealer: 19/05/2018 (+5 days)

At the dealership: 21/05/2018 (+2 days)

Collection: 23/05/2018 (+2 days)

The total number of days: 98 days

Congratulations.
By the way, what's the engine? TSI?

Just now, Almeida said:

Congratulations.
By the way, what's the engine? TSI?

Yes, it's 1.5TSI with DSG.