Buy a Skoda For..................

Auric Goldfinger

This came out last year didn't it but I'm not sure anyone got a good deal, had a ring around at the time but to no avail.

Be interested if you can get a decent quote from them.

Our local dealer (Irvine Skoda) has done it or similar twice recently.

Wasn't thinking of changing, but saw the ad and thought we would look into it. Catch was, dealer could give us a better price for ours against a used 05 Superb than on this deal. P/X price varied by best part of

I've received similar offers in the past from a well known North West Skoda dealer. Offer is usually genuine, but I think you will find it's on a number of readily available stock cars, so models and spec could be an issue. Bet that doesn't include VRS though. Up the superwhites!

Interesting if it really is on new vehicles as well.

However, I'd be a little worried as to where this 'cost' figure actually comes from and how, as customers, we can tell if it's reliable or not.

My point being that it seems something of a sales gimmick intended to make us think we're getting a 'better tha normal' deal when, in reality, we're probably getting the 'normal' discount dressed up in special promotional packaging!

I'd be interested to hear of any particularly good quotes that people are offerred on new Fabia VRS's though!

Interesting if it really is on new vehicles as well.

However' date=' I'd be a little worried as to where this 'cost' figure actually comes from and how, as customers, we can tell if it's reliable or not.[/quote']

The cost figure is how much the dealer pays Skoda for the car.

However, Skoda are making money on this, and in turn if dealers hit certain sales targets, Skoda offer them financial incentives.

Therefore, a dealer can sell the car at cost+

When my local dealer did the same offer last year , some highlights included a metallic painted Furby VRS for 11.6k , a few Octy 2.0TDI with metallic and 17" wheels for 15.8k (1600 off list) and nice superb elegance PD130 for just over 18

interesting prices, but if that's the best they can do on the fbia it's still not THAT huge, some people have got nearly that off already haven't they?

It's still quite a bit more than most brokers as well.

Not too worried that my local dealer aren't running that offer just yet!

interesting prices, but if that's the best they can do on the fbia it's still not THAT huge, some people have got nearly that off already haven't they?

Well, yes, but that's because the difference between cost and what they sell it for is profit - so any negotiating is based on eroding this, so people are going to be able to get close to this via haggling, especially if the dealer in question wants to hit sales targets.

Dealer's don't actually have particularly high margins on new cars, hence they're keen to pick up commission for volume sales, GAP insurance, finance deals, paint treatments, etc. So you're never likely to see massive discounts on the cars via a dealer.

Can't speak for brokers though, guess it depends how they source their cars, etc.

Rob.