Why did you buy a Fabia vRS?

rob_vrs

I bought one after being recommended one by my brother in law, I was looking at a Fabia 2 at the time but I had a look at one, had a test drive and a week later it was mine, love the fact it sticks a grin on your face, good mpg, quick and by far one of the best cars I have ever owned.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perfect all rounder, cheeper than its rivals (golf,seat FR etc) and still quick enough to make me smile everytime i get in it. 1 question thou, is a remapped furby vrs faster than a cooper S?

On the straights by a long distance. In corners, the remap alone wont do anywhere near enough. You need some serious handling mods to get closer. Also remember a lot of the coopers are tweaked further, and they can be pretty awesome too ;)

Thing is, with the MINI plant in Cowley getting bad press etc, that brand is not as hip any more I guess :(

I wandered through a Ford dealership in Derby looking for some sort of cheap diesel fiesta type thingy as a replacement for a shagged astra and amidst all of the nasty 1.2 petrol sheds I found a furby.

I took it for a test drive and am still smiling 6 months later (despite imminent new clutch)

Wouldn't swap it for the world (Except if I could afford an S3 or the new S2000 when it turns up in the showroom)

:-D

I bought one because it sounded interesting (the spec, that is). I wanted a change from my 1.2 Clio (various reasons) and wanted something quicker that I could have a play with ... I started off looking at Elises / FTOs then decided it would be a bad move if I had to use it for work, so starting looking at VWs/Audis instead, and someone at a garage I went to asked me if I'd considered a Fabia vRS (I hadn't heard of them before then) - he then told me they were getting one in, but the only downside was that it was yellow ...

The one he'd told me about never turned up, so I did a bit of research. I chose it mainly because in terms of fuel economy and performance, and practicality, it seemed pretty good value for money.

Very pleased with it; can't see me changing it for some time to come :)

I originally had a Fabia vRS and was offered a great trade up to an Octy vRS. Still like the Fab but the Octy is such a good all rounder for space, comfort (perhaps not over speed humps), performance and economy. I have also tested Skoda customer service to quite stringent limits and, although had an unsatisfactory experience with one dealership, had a very favourable experience with my local one.

I looked at buying a Fabia VRS when they first came out on a 53 plate as i knew they are a cheaper alternative to the VW Polo, but with the same engine and suspension etc. I've always had Golf's and Polo's - so this was a logical choice. However I got turned down on the finance. But it has always been on my "to buy" list - along with a UR Quattro 20v and a Mk1 Swallowtail Golf.

I then had a string of other cars. Inc a Mk2 Golf GTD, a 180bhp Polo G40, a Scirocco Scala & a Polo 6n 16v. I've sold the Polo G40 and the Golf GTD. And finally had enough money to buy an early 53 Plate VRS!

Its the best car I've owned - its quick, economical, big enough for my family and all the luggage. handling needed sorting, but thats been done. Always felt it could be just that bit more powerful. So got that sorted. Now clutch and brakes are on the list of mods!

• 5 weeks later...

The Wifes Chrysler Grand Voyager (2 tons, 7 seats, 3ltr, 3-speed Auto, was givin, 10ish mpg

Sooooooo bought a vRS because it is totally FUN, FUN, FUN to drive.

The sales guy described it as a road legal Go-Kart, which just about sums it up.

We got an SE so it's also very well equipped.

Totally understated & anonymous (Best parts about owning a vRS is the look on the faces of drivers of Audi, BMW, boy racers in Saxo's / Corsa's etc as they rapidly fall behind when I hoof it,)

Economy (59mpg) & a really good dealer.

I STILL get a grin EVERY time I drive it

Liked it so much I got myself an Octy vRS diesel. Totally different to drive, but another stonkin' motor

Was getting bored of my 1.6 Focus Zetec, great car to drive but you know, getting that 3 year itch. Always wanted something with a bit of poke but I'm definitely not a "look at me" show-off type so loved the modesty of the VRS. Love the look of the last Fiesta facelifts so was looking at top spec TDCi after too many negatives on the ST, plus they were still a bit too pricey.

In the back of my mind I'd always been aware of the Fabia VRS but a quick look on parkers at the specs and great reviews Went to see a 53 plate at a local independent but he basically wouldn't let me test drive it - and he wants to SELL cars??? Quick look on autotrader, nice tidy black one at a local main dealer, well out of my cash price range but went to have a look. Had that gut feeling that I'd be signing something :thumbup:

Started talking numbers with the guys before revealing I'd never driven one! Immediate test drive arranged, and yep was won over - not as sharp as the Focus on corners but loved the TDi grunt, much more my driving style than revvy petrols. Got a lousy p/x offer but it had one too many nicks and scratches, got a tiny bit off screen price and haggled my finance a bit and some freebies (GAP insurance, supaguard, 1/2 tank diesel) Ummed and ahhed for about 10 minutes in the carpark - but obviously walked back in :D

Not keen on the finance side of things but it is affordable, just don't like debt! But yep, glad I got one, could handle a bit tighter and one too many interior rattles but hey, nothing is perfect - Focus ST170's always turn my head, thinking hmmm what if... but then I just look at my MPG readout :cool:

My wife and I wanted something to compliment our 9-5 Aero and replace our Civic Type-R. It had to be ecomomical, good turn of speed, 6 speed, safe for our new arrival and of course within budget!

My wife had grand idea's of a CRV diesel (outside budget) or a Golf Anniversary GTtdi (52 plate and 60k+ miles:thumbdwn:) but I managed to source a 2nd hand low mile 05 '54 plate VRS at a local garage at least 800-1k below others available at the time.

Car was almost immaculate with 29k and FSSH with a recent full service and MOT:rofl: BUT 'already sold by one of our dealerships down south' (it wasnt even on the forecourt but I asked the sales rep to have a look anyway). After chatting to the rep he admitted it was sold last week but the papers to transfer the car hadnt yet came through and they were still awaiting confirmation.

After a lengthy chat with the Manager he eventually agreed to let me test drive while he contacted the dealership. When I got back (with a smile on my face!!! and knew I had to have) he hadnt been able to speak to the dealership manager so I coaxed him to sell me the car:D. Didnt get a penny off the asking price or any other 'wee bung' for that matter but I am so glad we did - even my wife is really impressed with the car and has fallen for its charms.

people always love a wee story at bedtime.......

After 3 years of running old sheds, decided I wanted something newer and quicker. A commute of 60 miles a day said it had to be economical too. A quick browse on parkers and a fabia vrs looked quite tempting...

I went to look at a black magic vrs for 9k at a local dealer. Took it for a quick spin, loved it. Went back and talked money, couldnt give me enough for my p/x, and the finance was a bit much, so had to walk away...

Was convinced I wanted another car, so went to the auctions that week. Came home with a BMW 518 estate and

Every other car in SE Essex is a Ford so I always go for something different. Haven't seen any Fabia VRS's around here only Octavia VRS's. A black VRS with lots off mods and extras I wanted come up for sale on this forum so I bought it. Fits in the garage with space to spare & tax/insurance reasonbly cheap.