Why did you buy a Fabia vRS?

rob_vrs

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pevious car was a corsa sxi and every other car i seemed to notice on the road was a corsa.

I had decided to buy the golf tdi then found out that the skoda vrs was a better and cheaper option

So decided to plump for the skoda due to its rareity on the roads and i am more than pleased with my decision

i dont even hide the fact that im skoda owner now

i just pity the fools who s****** at my furby due to its skoda badge

Needed a diesel for my daily commute to work. Always wanted to have a car with enough oomph and this was my first chance of getting one. Then a test drive and after that the choice was just too damn obvious... Now, 8 months and 30 000km later I'm still loving it to bits.

Though I have to admit, after having a well specced octy II 2.0tdi DSG elegance as a loaner while my car was in for a service - I now know which car to get when it comes changing time in a couple of years.. I mean holy sh**, that was one unbelievable car! I was getting 63MPG with it without even trying!!!!

Anyway, anyhow.. Fabia vRS or octy II - no matter which car you own, it's one hell of car and you should be extremely happy/proud.

Liked the standard Fabia when it came out, but stupidly opted for a Mk4 Golf. God rid of the Golf long before I should have (outstanding finance etc - you only live once). Visited Skoda dealer in Walthamstow, never saw the vRS in the flesh (well, not stationery anyway), never test drove one but signed anyway. Put my faith in Clarkson and the rest of the reviews I'd read.

Liked the fact it was RELATIVELY exclusive, liked the fact that owning one would make me feel smug every time someone cracked a 'Skoda' joke, and just knew that this marque was where the smart money went.

Have I ever looked back, abso - bloody - lutely NOT:thumbup:

After having a go in my uncles Jaguar X Type diesel i decided that i needed to get a car that had a bit more oomph... my R Reg Peugeot 306 LD just didn't have that!

It was a toss up between a focus and the fabia VRS.

A mate had the VRS and was raving about it so i gave it a go. i took it a couple of junctions along the m62 and it had me sold.

I Bought mine from lightcliffe Skoda in huddersfield last march without even test driving it! and have loved every single mile i have driven in it since!

:thumbup:

Steve

I drove one when they first came out.

Loved it, but hated that it only came with 5 doors.

Kept my Polo GTi for a bit longer, then when JBS got theirs, I started thinking again about the Fabia, so went and got one!

Great MPG, Aggressive Looks, Easilly Tuned, Quick, Cheap ,Nice Seats, Good Spec, Cheap Insurance, Don't see many of them, etc...

I bought mine for the ride quality first, (getting old I guess) after my Clio 172 it felt like a Rolls Royce, everyone I take in the car mention how smooth it is for a sporty hatch, plus I have always preferred low down torque to a screaming top end, Insurance less than

At the end of the day I could repeat what has been said here 100's of times re: mpg, low insurance,easy to mod etc......

For me its the over all package, it just makes for something a little different to the norm. When I give colleagues a lift in it they always comment on the way it shifts, how fast its feels etc..... yet they can't get their heads round the fact it gives 50+mpg and its a Skoda

Liked the standard Fabia when it came out, but stupidly opted for a Mk4 Golf. God rid of the Golf long before I should have (outstanding finance etc - you only live once).

Similar story here. I went looking for a replacement for my 306DT - liked the look of the then new Fabia and the Golf Mk4.

Tried the two nearesrt Skoda places at the time - didn't have any TDIs in and weren't prepared to get one in I could try. Had a try in a MPI but it wasn't a decent comparison. They were well happy shifting bottom of the range MPIs which they were shifting plenty of and wern't interested in a 11k TDI.

VW were loads more helpful but I couldn't afford a new Golf TDI. The TDIs that were turning up used were out of budget. Found a ex-demo Bora 1.6 I liked, bought it and ran it for nearly 5 years. It's was a good car but I always had a nagging twinge that I should have held out for TDI. The twinge was probly my wallet taking a battering with doing 25k a year @ 35mpg due to a change in job for the last couple of years.

When the vRS launched it caught my interest and took a test drive, but couldn't quite afford to change at the time. Also had a go in the Ibiza Sport (now the FR). The Bora started to give problems a while later so I decided to get shot. Took another set of test drives and was still seriously impressed with the Furby. Bludgeoned the recalcitrant Skoda dealer round the head so he knew I was serious and the rest is history.

After 9 months I'm still well impressed. Cheap to run, fun to drive and with enough grunt to really wind up BMW and Mini owners. It's the best bits of the VAG empire without the high price tag.

Had a Clio DCI 65 for over a year never really liked it to be honest. Biuld Quality was so so and the dealers attitude was less than helpful to say the least. As an off chance I had a short list of cars to view ( just to see not intent on buying). First stop I wanted to test drive the Focus Tdci Sport which was nicely specced version but a the wrong side of £14k. Previuosly I looked at the Fabia when they first came out and was always a fan of the design. Also went to view a black Vrs in the dealership but at the time could not afford to change, however one the day in question went back and they had a silver demonstrator took me out and the rest is history. That was over 28 months ago and the car is one of the best I have ever owned As the previous poster said "It's the best bits of the VAG empire without the high price tag." and to be honest may be better built than some VW cars.

the dealers attitude was less than helpful to say the least.
Same here mate. I lived in Aintree and had my Megane for 18 months. Sh*te service by 5 different dealers and so, so glad to get rid after a string of electrical/engine faults. The service I have recieved from Skoda in just 2 months has outstripped the ZERO I got from Renault. They'll never learn. :rolleyes:

Because I couldn't justify spending 18 grand on the Golf I test drove and fell in love with :(

So for me it ticked a lot of boxes including value for money. I read the year long review and joined here to find out some more on the little fellow. Now I only have a few days left until I find out for myself whether I have made the right decison.

Just hope I don't end up with a friday afternoon job.:cool:

After owning a pug 106 quiksilver and a corsa sxi,i thought i had to get a proper car.I had 2 on my shortlist,a mini cooper or fab vrs.Watched the shoot out on top gear which i was impressed with the skoda.Thought i would give the cooper a chance and luckily my wife got a cooper has a courtesy car when her then beemer was in 4 a service.Had a good drive of it,first reaction was not impressed at all,so i surfed the net and saw a vrs 4 sale at a preston dealership.booked a test drive and after ten minutes i asked were do i sign.It is such a fantastic car,a lot better than the cooper.I have had it now for 2 years and every time i get in it i grin like a cheshire cat.The wife currently owns a 04 plate lexus IS200.Her car is in a body shop being repaired(new bonnet),so i am letting her use the vrs for 2 weeks and me the corsa courtesy car.It is the first time she has driven it and she now regrets not owning one.She said the performance is out of this world compared to the lexus,she is considering for the near future(the wife is a badge snob).:thumbup: :thumbup:

i was looking at a new mazda 3 sport, and on my way home i popped in to the skoda dealer as i had saw the topgear race against the mini a couple of days before, and i took it for a wee spin and fell in love, then went home and told SWMBO i had ordered a new fabia vrs with a few extras, she hit the roof but fell in love after she test drove it the next day, and i can hardly get a go in it myself since i got it.

Had my black Fabia vRS for 3 months now, after almost 3yrs in Octy vRS. Prior to that had Fabia 16v, have been huge fan since elegance 16v, octy was stunning but

Fabia equally impressive for differing reasons, not least average 57 mpg, and stunning overtaking potential. Just grin every trip, and now looking to add one or two mods, incl springs and remap. Biggest issue is the brakes... feel is very poor, really need to stand on hard just to feel stopping power. Dealer was/is outstanding and really helpful with everything..... just wish I could keep it clean!

• 9 months later...

I went out for a New Subaru WRX:) , Wife said she was scared:confused: , so drove a remapped second hand red VRS. :thumbup:

Got a new one cheap from Simpsons, with all the extras I wanted then remapped it and leathered it up:thumbup:

Saved a fortune in fuel costs, and its a great drive.

I had a GTI-6 and a 306 Rallye before this and both were fantastic cars although i needed a "practical and exciting" motor as my partner had given birth at the time.

I've had it remapped and now i wwant full leather from seat surgeons(original leather isn't practical enough) and an audi TT 225 brake conversion.

Alternatively i have just bought a saxo vts as a run around car,to and from work..,.

HOWEVER on our way back from picking up the car i could not lose our lass who was driving the fabia. She isn't a great driver either.

Conclusion= If i want an easy car to drive anywhere the vrs would be my choice, its so easy to live with and drive.

ALSO - I didn't give a **** about what skoda haters had to say as nowadays they get owned!!!, The best car i have ever bought!!!!DEFINATELY!

At the time I was deciding what to replace my Fabia TDI with, the vRS was the only Fabia you could get with cruise control and Xenons, both of which I wanted.

When I got it, its overtaking ability confirmed that I had made the right choice.

1. Fuel Economy

2. Performance

3. Looks

4. Value for money (For the same money I paid for my '04 Furby, I'd only get an '00-'02 Golf TDI with huge mileage)

5. Individuality (Fabia vRS is a very rare site on Southern Irish roads, I've seen two, one of which is mine :))

Wanted more of a warm hatch. Octy vRSm Clio 172, Leon Cupra, ZR160 and many other where just too expensive to insure. Came down to a Cooper or the fabia. Drove both. Cooper was too slow and I had more drove it like you stole it fun in the fabia. :D