Dealership decals

ywyetinym

I can understand why you may want to remove Arnold Clark or Fords of Winsford stickers, but see no harm in allowing a good local dealership a bit of advertising. I do draw the line when it comes to dealer stickers on the paintwork though. That's definitely not on.

When I ordered my last car I asked the dealer whether they would put their advertising sticker in the rear window and on the bottom of the number plates.  They said, "Yes" and I said that I did not want them to do so.  The dealer then said it was their policy to do so and I explained my charge to advertise their company was a one off sum of £250 or £5 per week and that I would write to them to state that supplying the sticker would be taken that they accepted my terms.  When I collected the car the stickers were there so I reminded them of my letter and the stickers were promptly removed (I would rather have had the money!).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fin69 said:

Oh to live your sheltered life, Graham! 

There are certain parts of the country (including the Mainland) where certain colours and postcodes are not tolerated. 

Coming back from a four week road trip some years ago, I had a brain Fart and wore a green Cotton Trader rugby jersey. It didn't signify Ireland or Celtic. It was green. 

Filled  up at a petrol station a few miles away from where I live and soon became aware of people watching me. The exact words uttered by one of them was;

"Check out that f*****g Fenian **** wearing the f*****g green tap (top)!" 

Fortunately I managed to fill up and pay before them. 

There are many more similar incidents I can regale  you with, especially at this time of year! 

Are you saying the sectarianism is so bad in Glasgow that your classified as Protestant or catholic enemy depending on which dealer the car was sourced from?

18 hours ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

I thought I was a grumpy old b&*^%r!!

Never bothered me in the slightest and the details of the number plate manufacturer is a legal requirement.

No its not!

14 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

How presumptuous! Is that just because I now live in the middle of Wales?

We are talking about small insignificant stickers, mostly on the rear of cars, not wearing the wrong colour shirt in the wrong area.

Graham If your at a  loose end might I suggest fishing Its meant to be relaxing and might even be easier to get a bite than seeking one from your fellow members :biggrin::D:kiss::sleepy:

Edited by ywyetinym
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

?

What has the legal requirement in the UK changed to just the Code or the Registered Plate Maker or still the name and postcode?

numberplate.png

Past caring about plates It will soon be tea time and I am expecting a healthy bite:biggrin:.

23 hours ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

I thought I was a grumpy old b&*^%r!!

Never bothered me in the slightest and the details of the number plate manufacturer is a legal requirement.

Sorry GreenlineIIEstate I am guilty of not reading your post correctly of course  you are right the Plate manufacturer Is legally bound to display Its details on the plate.

Please accept my apology:dry:.

Edited by ywyetinym

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/06/2017 at 14:35, nbramwel said:

My heated rear window failed a few months ago.  The dealer said it was because their advertising sticker had been removed, causing a few of the elements to break although one or two of them were nowhere the sticker.  They did replace the rear window at their expense.  However, I object to having stickers of any kind on my car.  As others have said, it is free advertising.  I need to remember to tell the dealer not to fit any stickers to my next car whenever that is.

Some years ago, when I did marketing for a Honda Dealership, we were advised, by Honda, not to put stickers covering any of the heat elements because it would invalidate the warranty for the rear window.

Just an update,I removed the numberplates and found the black plastic advertising strip was stuck on using double sided sticky tape,I simply pealed them off,no heat applied,plates look much neater without them.   

On 27/06/2017 at 07:35, TeeDeeEye said:

Are you saying the sectarianism is so bad in Glasgow that your classified as Protestant or catholic enemy depending on which dealer the car was sourced from?

No, but you have to think very carefully where you park when it comes to what is on or  in your car that may inadvertently cause 'offence'. 

This is the town I pass through to get fuel (it's the cheapest for miles around). There are many towns like this in the area, some are 'Green'  and some are 'Blue'. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/scottish-town-where-green-is-beyond-the-pale-981747.html

My car was delivered 1/7/17 with no advertising except the small text of the dealer on the actual number plate as per the law. I didn't even have to request this and a pleasant change from virtually every previous car which came with large stick on decals etc

I removed the dealership sticker from the rear window of my car, mainly because I'm tall, and felt it impeded my view. It was also wonky, which I found mildly unbearable. I have no problem with the dealership name on the number plates as the were excellent.

I wonder if Skoda should offer gift vouchers for counselling with every car they sell ;)

Edited by RapidPaul