rockmanrock23

Hi , 

so after my (compulsory?) NOX software update , the Yeti I own now flags the DPF indicator on the dashboard every 300 mles! forcing me to get onto a motorway an drive for approx 20 mins in the 25000 rev range until the orange icon disappears.

Previous to the (compulsory) update I only had one orange light on dash  in 3 years. 

Coincidence ? 

Or does my DPF just need replacing ? 

Took car into my local official Skoda Dealer today and they did a full diagnostic - result , nothing to do with us mate !

Anyone else had this issue ?

cheers 

jess

2011 yeti ,TDI, elegance 

Not compulsory.

Predictable outcome really.

The update will have ramped up EGR flow to reduce peak combustion temps and oxygen levels in the combustion chambers (and so produce less NOx) , this causes less complete combustion and so more soot.

• Like 1

Hi, sorry to hear about another 'fix' ruining a perfectly good car. May I suggest that you consider bringing your yeti back to life with a quallity remap. Many recomendations on this excellent forum.

• Like 1

I predicted this sort of outcome nearly 2 years ago.  Despite VAG's assurances that performance and driving wouldn't be affected, I'm not surprised and not pleased to be right.

Hence why my car remains unmolested.  And why the replacement will be a petrol.

• Like 1

1. What led you to think it was compulsory?

2. There is plenty of information on this forum and others warning against having the update done- but you went ahead anyway???

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Urrell said:

Why do you think it's compulsory?

OK , so not compulsory but we were all aggressively encouraged to update. But anyway I am were I am now an just looking for feedback. 

cheers 

20 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

And the supposed extra 2 year warranty excludes  dpf failure due to ash loading!

WOW - I'm deffo going to take this further. Any ideas on how I can escalate my grievance to Skoda ?

9 hours ago, weasley said:

I predicted this sort of outcome nearly 2 years ago.  Despite VAG's assurances that performance and driving wouldn't be affected, I'm not surprised and not pleased to be right.

Hence why my car remains unmolested.  And why the replacement will be a petrol.

Yea -Diesel is dead to me . A horribly toxic fuel that is going to get taxed heavily in the future.

I suspect that you will get nowhere with that, they will say it has no affect on the engine or performance.
You may be lucky about that or maybe not, I think real problems will appear in a year or two and VAG group will say "Nothing to do with what we have done".
It would have been better to have joined one of the Skoda forums earlier, it would have helped you to make an informed decision.

• Like 1

A group has been set up and a campaign against VAG  .setting up a fix that causes engine failures that they will not reverse and owners being charged for replacement injectors etc, post fix and now legal groups are being organised against vag ,no win no fee in Europe,so basically vag have cheated on emissions,unable after 18 months to fix(no surprise there then)and parts of the emissions system failing since the "fix"

• Like 1

VW are buying back affected cars in 2 towns in Germany because they are not contesting or is that defending the case raised in court against them.

Lets see now how the EU Countries Governments deal with that and how long that VW Group get to just play the system with various groups from different counties in the EU and also RoW.

• Like 1

Unhappy VW OWNERS have been holding protests out side Vw U.K. Head office this week to highlight failure after the FIX being carried out on their vehicles and trying to get the media support to highlight the problems

• Like 1

Chris Grayling MP as Secretary of State for Transport is just getting away with doing nowt, like the current Chairman of the Conservatives did when he was the Secretary of State for Transport and before his peerage for being useless & maybe even services to VW Group as it appears.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39088631 

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 2