Skoda OneApp - One app to rule them all

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/news/2017-06-29-skoda-one-app/

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/mobile-apps/oneapp/

Skoda last week introduced a new app which brings the features of the Smartgate to the all cars Smartlink enabled cars. Though it says starting W22/2016 cars have this feature, my w3/2016 Superb with columbus connects to the app through wifi seamlessly. Also cable connection to the AppleCarplay is possible. Replacing nearly  all features of Smartgate and Skoda Drive app with a good interface. As the app is quite new so cant use it yet but it will also feature a carplay/android auto app that can be controlled via headunit. Probably Apple haven't signed the app as Carplay capable. 

• Like 2

On 02/07/2017 at 13:13, rumiexile said:

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/news/2017-06-29-skoda-one-app/

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/mobile-apps/oneapp/

Skoda last week introduced a new app which brings the features of the Smartgate to the all cars Smartlink enabled cars. Though it says starting W22/2016 cars have this feature, my w3/2016 Superb with columbus connects to the app through wifi seamlessly. Also cable connection to the AppleCarplay is possible. Replacing nearly  all features of Smartgate and Skoda Drive app with a good interface. As the app is quite new so cant use it yet but it will also feature a carplay/android auto app that can be controlled via headunit. Probably Apple haven't signed the app as Carplay capable. 

Doesn't work on my L&K built wk10/2016. Will not connect to car. It says you have to connect to the car via smart link or wi-if ( not through smart gate ). The only wi-if option I have in the car is the smart gate wi-if. I've tried connecting through USB/smartlink but as I say the app refuses to connect to the car. It will allow me to log in to my Skoda account though.

The original Soda Drive app does still connect to the car and records data but that goes through the smart gate interface. However it will not allow me to log in to my Skoda account any longer so any collected data is only available on my phone, not on my other devices.

Skoda really are completely useless when it comes to apps, websites, software updates etc. Shame really as the cars are so good...

5 hours ago, Rifleman said:

Doesn't work on my L&K built wk10/2016. Will not connect to car. It says you have to connect to the car via smart link or wi-if ( not through smart gate ). The only wi-if option I have in the car is the smart gate wi-if. I've tried connecting through USB/smartlink but as I say the app refuses to connect to the car. It will allow me to log in to my Skoda account though.

The original Soda Drive app does still connect to the car and records data but that goes through the smart gate interface. However it will not allow me to log in to my Skoda account any longer so any collected data is only available on my phone, not on my other devices.

Skoda really are completely useless when it comes to apps, websites, software updates etc. Shame really as the cars are so good...

I tried this app last night on my Oct 2015 SE L EXC, as you say I can log on to my Skoda account but it will not connect to the car via Smartgate of via USB Apple play.

15 minutes ago, roughrider10 said:

I tried this app last night on my Oct 2015 SE L EXC, as you say I can log on to my Skoda account but it will not connect to the car via Smartgate of via USB Apple play.

Cracked it this afternoon. You have to enable the WLAN Wi-Fi hotspot in the Columbus menu then connect your phone to the hotspot SSID rather than to the smartgate SSID. Then it connects fine. I will test it tomorrow morning on my way to work and compare it with the old smartgate app. If it gives the same functionality then I don't see why anyone would want to pay the extra cash for the smartgate feature...

4 hours ago, jjc said:

Cannot find it on Apple, I can find it on Android, am I being daft??

John

If you search on an iPad it doesn't find it. Select the "iPhone Only" option and then it shows up. Tried it out today and on first impression it looks really good. Much slicker than the old smart gate app and gives way more detailed information than the old one. Note that I had to tell the iPhone to forget the smart gate wifi settings, otherwise the phone connects to it by default rather than connecting to the wifi hotspot.

one thing, it doesn't seem to sync across devices, journeys recorded on the phone do not show up on the iPad...

Downloaded the app to my iPone without a problem and logged in OK. The app will not connect to the car by either wifi or via USB. The car goes to the CarPlay screen and the Skoda app icon shows but it will not connect. All I get is an instruction to connect but no ability to do that as the phone scxreen is locked to the CarPlay screen.

I will see if I can get to a dealer.

On 04/07/2017 at 18:32, Rifleman said:

If you search on an iPad it doesn't find it. Select the "iPhone Only" option and then it shows up. Tried it out today and on first impression it looks really good. Much slicker than the old smart gate app and gives way more detailed information than the old one. Note that I had to tell the iPhone to forget the smart gate wifi settings, otherwise the phone connects to it by default rather than connecting to the wifi hotspot.

one thing, it doesn't seem to sync across devices, journeys recorded on the phone do not show up on the iPad...

It's now syncing across devices, looks like it does it automatically at some point during the night. Can't see any way to force it to sync on demand.

I installed this on my iPhone last night, not expecting it to work on my MY17 SEL for some reason.

Plugged the phone in as usual for a short journey out at lunchtime and was pleased to find the icon sitting on my Carplay screen. It works beautifully - it's probably the first Carplay app I've seen with an attractive UI. The dynamic status as you drive is pretty, but a little distracting to be honest. Time will tell how useful the data it gathers is - this morning's run was too short to judge really. One thing I can't work out though is why the average mpg it records via the app for a journey differs from the average mpg shown for the same journey on the maxidot.

18 hours ago, Rifleman said:

It's now syncing across devices, looks like it does it automatically at some point during the night. Can't see any way to force it to sync on demand.

Can't help with the app as it's not compatible with MY16 cars but with regards to synching across devices it may be that it is disabled for Mobile Data synching in which case it waits for a wifi internet connection before synching.

On the iPhone select Settings -> Mobile Data then scroll down to 'Use mobile data for' and find the app. If it's disabled then enable it if you want quicker synching but if it's already enabled then that's obviously not the cause!

Hi,

works with my MY16 Columbus, on Android. However I cannot get it to display on the main screen using Android auto

John

20 minutes ago, teebs said:

I've got this working on a October 2015 Superb with Colombus.

Really?! - I can't get it to work with my Oct 15 Superb and was told categorically by Skoda that it was not compatible.  I'd be grateful for any tips!

3 minutes ago, Ant1975 said:

Really?! - I can't get it to work with my Oct 15 Superb and was told categorically by Skoda that it was not compatible.  I'd be grateful for any tips!

USB charging cable, App installed and let it sit for a while to connect. That was it. 

Looks like an App that will get better over time.

51 minutes ago, teebs said:

USB charging cable, App installed and let it sit for a while to connect. That was it. 

Looks like an App that will get better over time.

Cheers - I'll try that tonight.

7 hours ago, Ant1975 said:

I cannot get it to work on my October 2015 Superb SE L Ex  Columbus either, tried everything but no luck.

Same problems here (early 2016 car). I've enabled the wifi hotspot and connected to it (iOS says no internet connection, but it does get an IP address from the car), and also tried through USB/carplay. Nothing at all, nada, zip. I tried with and without the hotspot connection, and also tried connecting to carplay and then manually pressing the phone's home button and re-opening the Skoda app. From there I clicked Car and it popped up the screen saying connect via wifi or USB, and... nothing. Forty minutes of nothing. Skoda's own website says it's compatible with 2016 but with 'some functions missing', so it should connect. I'm at a loss.

3 minutes ago, Blindek said:

Did you Create a HotSpot in you Car and connect to it with your Phone? Do you use a iPhone or Android?

Yes I created a hotspot. It was called SKODA_WLAN_289287676 or similar. I connected to it (iPhone 7 Plus) and iOS says it is connected, but has no internet access. As such it's sat connected in the background but there's no wifi icon at the top of the screen, just 4G. I also tried over USB / CarPlay.

U wont get Interent connection since you Navigation unit dosen't have a SIM car in it or it is not connected to a HotSpot on you Phone or CarStick. But you don't need Internet for the OneApp to work. 

Just connect to the HotSpot on your SatNav and open the App. Or Connect via USB cable and open the App over MirrorLink. But for the your phone must support MirrorLink (iPhone doesn't) or as i know the OneApp works over Apple CarPlay also! so try this!