Wheel ideas on vrs

I would suggest square ones, but according to Rudi Uhlenhaut's logs, when Mercedes Benz tried that in the 1950s the drivers complained about there being too much vibration! ;)

5 hours ago, vrslewis said:

Need some inspiration on what wheels to get for my occy anyone got any suggestions? Was thinking of some bola b1s or some audi rotors 

I looked at some B1s but they were quite heavy if I remember correctly.  In the end I went for some Pro Race 1.2s - they don't look as good but the car drives really well on them.

24 minutes ago, skinnyman said:

I looked at some B1s but they were quite heavy if I remember correctly.  In the end I went for some Pro Race 1.2s - they don't look as good but the car drives really well on them.

Im really undecided what to do either showcar or have a fast road car are the pro race 1.2s the ones on youre profile picture  

53 minutes ago, vrslewis said:

Im really undecided what to do either showcar or have a fast road car are the pro race 1.2s the ones on youre profile picture  

I was in the same position and had a bit of a dilemma, in the end I went down the handling route rather than styling.  I still love the look of the Bola style wheels but having experimented with looks over performance on previous cars I concluded that driving was more important, (to me anyway).

edit : yes, those are the wheels in the pic too.  Here's another!:thumbup:

P1010024_zpshpcnrcae.jpg

Edited by skinnyman
  • Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 13:50, vrslewis said:

Need some inspiration on what wheels to get for my occy anyone got any suggestions? Was thinking of some bola b1s or some audi rotors 

20170626_173553.jpg

before you do your wheels, get rid of that massive aerial :D jk

but on another note what % are your tints looks like the quarter is darker again

Edited by Gissin

2 hours ago, Gissin said:

before you do your wheels, get rid of that massive aerial :D jk

but on another note what % are your tints looks like the quarter is darker again

Going to get a new shape polo ariel soon and the rears are suppose to be 75% fronts 25% but the rears are peeling off so might get darker on the back 

4 hours ago, skomaz said:

Whatever you do don't go with black ones - they look crap IMHO

I'm with you on this.  The only reason I got mine in black is because they were so cheap. I can have them resprayed at some point in a nicer colour when the mood takes me.

On 7 July 2017 at 13:07, skomaz said:

Whatever you do don't go with black ones - they look crap IMHO

At last someone who thinks the same as me on "Black Wheels" .... They're horrible, horrible things and the guy who first decided to go black should be taken out and shot at dawn...

• Like 1

Some OEM VAG wheel ideas I photoshopped when I first bought my car. Then I went for the Neuspeed RSe12.

PS I thought 19" wheels would be better looking if driving condition allows.

7efe03f6jw1dxferk81m9j.jpg

For some reason I'm liking the steelies in the last shot! 

As for the bigger wheels, I think they look so much better.  Having said that, I had 19" wheels on my last car and got fed up with driving down the road constantly weaving to avoid every imperfection. That's why I took a decision to go with a good quality 17" lightweight wheel this time round and overall I'm happy with the decision.  

7 hours ago, NOSDylan said:

Some OEM VAG wheel ideas I photoshopped when I first bought my car. Then I went for the Neuspeed RSe12.

PS I thought 19" wheels would be better looking if driving condition allows.

7efe03f6jw1dxferk81m9j.jpg

Last but one for me.  I like a simple design with 5-spokes.  Easy to keep clean.  A complicated multi-spoke design are hell to clean and so I tend to clean them less.  A clean simple design beats a dirty complex design every time for me.

59 minutes ago, adamg1987 said:

I really like the steelies reminds me of the 106 rallye.

Ah, happy memories....

DSCN5630_zps695e71ae.jpg

NovemberSOTMMk1_zps4b3030c2.jpg

Maybe that's why I still have a soft spot for steel wheels?

• 4 months later...

Hi Greg,

wheels are 17" Keskin KT 15 lip polished:      https://www.ebay.de/itm/FELGENSATZ-KESKIN-KT15-BLACK-LIP-POLISH-IN-7Jx17-ET48-5x112mm-fur-VW-Audi-MB/311988721078?hash=item48a3fa15b6:g:6-oAAOSwytlZsV1Q

and the rubbers have the Scout size:    225/50 R17 98W Good Year Efficient Grip Performance  

https://www.allopneus.com/GOODYEAR-EFFICIENTGRIP-PERFORMANCE-225-50r17-98-w-62073.html

I´m very happy with that combination..... a bit more rubber for more comfort, very quiet and good grip on wet and dry roads.

Edited by 0ctavist