Air con pump part number

Hi All. My local garage says my air con pump has gone on my 2010 oct VRS TDI DSG. I was looking for a second hand one on eBay, but wanted to check the product code. 

Any ideas?

Thanks 

Should be on a sticker plate on the existing aircon compressor for cross matching. It is easier to read with the undertray off but should be readable with a small mirror tool or improvised make up mirror or similar. [Edit: Without removal of the tray.]

I would sway towards a new OEM equivalent compressor than a used one though. By the time you factor in the evacuation and recharge and labour to fit, [plus any other required work] a used unit that may only last minimal time or not even operate from the outset is not very economic.  A lot of independent car aircon places will have a preferred supplier based on experience and in any case would require their units used for a full warranty.

Edited by TheClient

Just got my 2010 VRS CR re-gassed but the air-conditioning is not cold. How do I check if it's the pump? I have VCDS if that tells me but how do I do it?

Are all the pumps the same as the one listed on eBay above?

Are they easy to replace DIY??

Cheers

Dave

Just checked mine and it is a Delphi unit with the number 5N0 820 803A on it.

I can't get my fat hands in to check if the pulley just spins because the splines are worn.

I assume I will need to go underneath and take the engine tray off to access it easier.

I couldn't t see if the bolt was loose or missing.

Anyone know if the pump is easy to remove? Any instructions on how to do it?

Edited by FatblokeVRS

2 minutes ago, FatblokeVRS said:

Just checked mine and it is a Delphi unit with the number A308 028 0N5 on it.

I can't get my fat hands in to check if the pulley just spins because the splines are worn.

I assume I will need to go underneath and take the engine tray off to access it easier.

I couldn't t see if the bolt was loose or missing.

Anyone know if the pump is easy to remove? Any instructions on how to do it?

Am in identical situation (including fat hands!). Might order it and ask my local garage to fit it. Worth a try for £30

Edited by badgerman

What about the filter/drier?? What is this and where is it?

The new ebay pump listed above says it must also be changed to activate the 2 year warranty.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All

I unfortunately crashed the VRS into a woman who stopped suddenly because she "saw a shadow" jumping out in front of her so it's been in getting fixed.

I am now looking at getting the aircon compressor off and repairing or replacing it.

Has anyone done this job yet and is it easy to do?

Cheers

Dave

• 4 months later...
On 15/07/2017 at 17:16, FatblokeVRS said:

What about the filter/drier?? What is this and where is it?

The new ebay pump listed above says it must also be changed to activate the 2 year warranty.

Finally getting round to changing the aircon pump. Still don't know what the filter/drier is or where it is.

Can anyone advise??

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-AIR-CON-COMPRESSOR-PUMP-A1-A3-A4-Q3-TT-LEON-OCTAVIA-SUPERB-GOLF-PASSAT/272858499304?item=272858499304&fits=Car Make%3ASkoda|Model%3AOctavia|Cars Year%3A2010|Variant%3A1Z3 [2004-2013] Hatchback|Plat_Gen%3A1Z3|Cars Type%3A2.0 TDI RS|BodyStyle%3AHatchback|Engine%3A1968ccm 170HP 125KW (Diesel)

13 hours ago, erindad said:

The filter drier is part of the condenser, its like a tube fixed to the n/side , mounted in front of the radiator.

Thanks for that. Is it easily replaced?

10 hours ago, FatblokeVRS said:

Thanks for that. Is it easily replaced?

Not really...

Not that hard if you have airco equipement available (or having some help from a local shop to do the refrigerant part), but it takes some time (so most costs will be labour)

As mentioned, it is part of the condensor. So to replace it, the whole condensor has to be replaced.

This involves removing refrigerant, replacing the condensor, vacuum the system and refill with refrigerant.

It took me approx 5 hours to do it (Mine was leaking on top of the drier)

I did make a small writeup (in Dutch), see https://www.skodaforum.nl/forum/i/o2-airco-condensor-vervangen.33273/  (use google translate unless you can read Dutch) :)

Note: My car is a LHD, might be slightly different from an UK car, but I think the basics are pretty much the same. 

(I actually don't know if the engine bay is the opposite as well on a RHD car.. I think so)

Basicly: I had to remove the front bumper and bars, to make enough space to be able to remove the condensor (which is indeed mounted on top of the radiator)

See for example:

https://www.autoairconparts.co.uk/car-air-conditioning-condenser-aircon-radiator-skoda-octavia-mk2-2004-2-0-tdi-diesel-manual-automatic-feb-2004-to-jun-2013.html

The tube on the left is the actual drier. As you can see, with the O2 its fixed. 

Edited by DJSmiley

11 hours ago, DJSmiley said:

Not really...

Not that hard if you have airco equipement available (or having some help from a local shop to do the refrigerant part), but it takes some time (so most costs will be labour)

As mentioned, it is part of the condensor. So to replace it, the whole condensor has to be replaced.

This involves removing refrigerant, replacing the condensor, vacuum the system and refill with refrigerant.

It took me approx 5 hours to do it (Mine was leaking on top of the drier)

I did make a small writeup (in Dutch), see https://www.skodaforum.nl/forum/i/o2-airco-condensor-vervangen.33273/  (use google translate unless you can read Dutch) :)

Note: My car is a LHD, might be slightly different from an UK car, but I think the basics are pretty much the same. 

(I actually don't know if the engine bay is the opposite as well on a RHD car.. I think so)

Basicly: I had to remove the front bumper and bars, to make enough space to be able to remove the condensor (which is indeed mounted on top of the radiator)

See for example:

https://www.autoairconparts.co.uk/car-air-conditioning-condenser-aircon-radiator-skoda-octavia-mk2-2004-2-0-tdi-diesel-manual-automatic-feb-2004-to-jun-2013.html

The tube on the left is the actual drier. As you can see, with the O2 its fixed. 

Thank you for the information.