Sportline Colour Choices

2 hours ago, schubi said:

In the home country of Skoda they offer 60+ colors for the Superb (not for Sportline though). Have a look http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/cze/cze/cs-cz. I can't understand why we don't have this option? The cars are made to order anyway so shouldn't be a problem.

Technically as it is offered on the main production line, you can spec one of them as an order change. As long as you know the colour code and have a dealer that will at least be prepared to try, I see no problem.  I did it with my Octavia. At the time the vRS was not offered in white in the UK, but it was in Europe.  So I ordered it in corrida red and then put through a colour change to white.  A few months later Skoda Uk started offering it in white anyway, around the time white cats started to get popular again.

3 hours ago, schubi said:

In the home country of Skoda they offer 60+ colors for the Superb (not for Sportline though). Have a look http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/cze/cze/cs-cz. I can't understand why we don't have this option? The cars are made to order anyway so shouldn't be a problem.

As far as I know, those colors are offered for fleet operators, special orders. Not for regular single or small orders.

I have a Business Grey Sportline Combi with the anthracite wheels. Well pleased and had lots of compliments about it!

I've heard some rumours that Velvet Red should be available on the Sportline in the U.K. soon. According to some Germans brochures, it looks really nice. Though just how that translates to real life remains to be seen, I haven't ever seen it in real life, or in photos.

Those pic in the the German brochures are old photos, as they are also in the french brochure from earlier in the year that does not show Velvet red as an option.   This means the photos must be of a car in corrida red, which imo looks better in the photos of the superb than in real life. 

Edited by roo

I honestly doubt that. If you take a look at the German configurator, Velvet Red is a distinctly different colour from Corrida Red, it seems to be a lot more similar to the colour in the brochure.

both colours were still visible in the German configurator last time I checked, which gives one a good opportunity to compare.

Velvet Red has been rumoured a few times as a new colour,so I'd highly doubt new German brochures would show an old colour, which is very much in its way out.

They may be the same photos, but they have obviously been altered to

make the red darker, and appear more metallic. Like I said, take a look at the German configurator. While the configurator is not always a good representation of what a colour will look like in real life, it shows a distinct difference between Velvet Red and Corrida Red. The rumours of Velvet Red replacing Corrida Red aren't exactly new either...

Velvet Red was announced at the same time as the MY18 changes also Velvet Red is metallic where the Corrida Red is not. I ordered back in June and the dealer told me then that velvet red was an option, other forum members here have said since that the factory is not yet accepting orders for it but that may have changed since.

• 4 weeks later...

The only two colors available for me were Business Grey and the Brilliant silver, the Gray was snatched, so I was left with the silver?

Indeed only dull colors for the sportline. I am getting used to the Silver, not so abd.

20170826_125029.thumb.jpg.7b6719acc39c63824ef49edc87347ae0.jpg20170820_191005.thumb.jpg.bcde41e1d63422976791759c20c47efc.jpg 

Edited by Super280
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1