MK3 F/lift vRS question

2 weeks today till collection day :)

Question - I've got a 2015 SEAT Leon and when I lock the door and hold down the remote for a couple of seconds - the mirrors fold in. Does the Octavia do the same?

Also, when I engage reverse, the nearside mirror dips to the kerb - again, is this a feature of the Octavia?

Both of these features are handy, and with the cars being 'cousins' I wondered if they'd be fitted to the Octavia.

Thanks in advance for any replies

As said, mirrors can fold if you pick them as an option, otherwise it's just standard manual mirrors.

The mirror can dip but I think electric memory sears are also required. You can activate it without the seats but it's hit and miss as to whether it works properly. VCDS will be required for that.  

Weird, with the SEAT Leon you could upgrade to folding mirrors but you didn't really need to as you could simply hold down the lock button on the remote to do this instead. Oh well, it's not the end of the world not having it. Does anyone know if you can toggle the mirror switch on the door to fold them in?

I see the new vRS 245 has an electric driver's seat as standard. In the past, as said above, if you had the elec seat you also got elec folding mirrors and the reverse dip on the nearside one. 

34 minutes ago, MattChr said:

Electric mirrors are standard on the regular FL VRS.

Auto dimming are the paid option.

Not sure on the dipping in reverse, I'll take a look.

Electric adjustment, yes. But not electric auto folding. 

My broker advised the 2017 facelift (now 230) had standard electric folding, adjustable and heated mirrors. The paid option added auto dimming.

Confusingly, looking at the current pricing and specs, the auto dimming is now included as standard. 

https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/octavia_pricing_specs.pdf

14 minutes ago, MattChr said:

My broker advised the 2017 facelift (now 230) had standard electric folding, adjustable and heated mirrors. The paid option added auto dimming.

Confusingly, looking at the current pricing and specs, the auto dimming is now included as standard. 

Christ knows then. Just before I ordered, auto folding was removed from the standard spec. But that link was published after I ordered and they're now back. 

Apologies. I was possibly using old info then. 

Re. elec seats, just checked a recent review and it suggests elec driver and passenger. Perhaps a 245 owner can confirm. 

20 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Re. elec seats, just checked a recent review and it suggests elec driver and passenger. Perhaps a 245 owner can confirm. 

I would think both front seats are eletric but only the drivers has the Memory function. Bit tight if Skoda only fit a drivers eletric seat.

1 hour ago, SC03OTT said:

Christ knows then. Just before I ordered, auto folding was removed from the standard spec. But that link was published after I ordered and they're now back. 

Apologies. I was possibly using old info then. 

No worries, I heard Skoda play around with specs a lot... Will probably change next week!

20 hours ago, MattChr said:

Folding mirrors still showing as a £175 option on the 230 VRS in the configurator and in the table on page 9 of the doc you linked to.  

OCt2.png

Page 8 in the doc states VRS (comfort and convenience) has folding, heated mirrors, page 9 for the paid option (£125) lists same spec of mirrors plus auto-dimming.

Same seems to apply for SE-L and L&K. S and SE loses the folding option.

The extra price in that line (£175) is for adding the auto-dimming rear view mirror for SE.

TBH when my order went through, the prices were a fraction higher than listed in this doc.

Edited by MattChr

So on the SE L FL Ocatavia I have ordered I went for the £125 auto folding mirrors option.

In the car configurator this is listed with a title of: "Electrically heated, adjustable and folding door mirrors - auto dimming" with a description of "Parking on a narrow road? Reduce the risk of damage when the car is parked with the electrically operated door mirrors. The mirrors fold in automatically after the car has been locked, and automatically fold out again when the car is unlocked". So I'm expecting these to be heated, movable mirrors from controls in the car, auto dimming and automatically folding.

The standard SE L spec in the brochure lists that the car has this over the SE spec: "ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE, HEATED AND FOLDABLE MIRRORS WITH BOARDING SPOTS" of which I think means that they are movable from inside the car (not unusal these days) and heated but foldable from the outside of the car. No mention of dimming here though.

The S spec in the brochure says: "BODY COLOURED DOOR MIRRORS AND HANDLES". Nothing specific mentioned for the SE trim level.

20 hours ago, MattChr said:

Page 8 in the doc states VRS (comfort and convenience) has folding, heated mirrors, page 9 for the paid option (£125) lists same spec of mirrors plus auto-dimming.

Same seems to apply for SE-L and L&K. S and SE loses the folding option.

The extra price in that line (£175) is for adding the auto-dimming rear view mirror for SE.

TBH when my order went through, the prices were a fraction higher than listed in this doc.

Here are the VRS options in the configurator below

I reckon electrically folding mirrors are a £175 option, unless you have electric seats, when they are £125

When you print the standard spec with no options all its says about exterior mirrors is:

Exterior mirrors, power-adjustable/ heated

nothing about folding. Of course the configurator  is not foolproof

Happy to be proved wrong however

mirrors.png

Edited by juan27