Heated water jets waterjets,heatedHi everyone excuse me if this sounds a completely stupid question, but i was just wondering how you turn the heated washer jet's on and off. I'm not sure if they are on all the time or come on at a certain temperature. Ag

Hi guys exucuse me if this seems a stupid question but I was wondering how the heated washer jet's work are they on all the time or do they come on at a pre set temperature? Thanks in advance for any answers.

I brought this up with my Octavia, I believe it would be linked to the mirror or windscreen heater activation. I'm fairly sure one is faulty on my car, but the skoda service/dealer (one recommended via here quite highly) didn't have a clue what heater washer heads were :wondering:. Presumably as a fault with them doesn't throw up a fault code. . .

As above... I have had heated washer jets on cars where it is activated along with the ignition. This help will prevent freezing, along with screen wash, and give a "Warm" wash to clean more effectively.

• 4 months later...
On 9/6/2017 at 06:43, SC03OTT said:

There is no way the washer jets are heating the water passing through. 

You'd need the power of an espresso machine for that function . . .

There's an idea, who needs a box to store gloves anyway, the fatigue sensor could fire up the coffee machine :D

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, flyingpigvrs said:

I know they're only £50 so seem like a no brainer but it's only the heads that are heated. 

The fluid lines holding the water/screenwash aren't heated so nothing to stop fluid freezing in the lines? 

Unless you live in eastern europe or other countries where -20C or lower winters are common, using the correct screenwash/concentration is perfectly adequate. No need for heated jets.

28 minutes ago, flyingpigvrs said:

I know they're only £50 so seem like a no brainer but it's only the heads that are heated. 

The fluid lines holding the water/screenwash aren't heated so nothing to stop fluid freezing in the lines? 

Correct, just the jet/nozzle itself.

I often wonder are the Jets on the Superb pistol or fan type, the reason being that they physically appear to be a fan type but the spray pattern on the screen is more like a traditional, pistol type.   I need to adjust mine.  I believe clock-wise lowers them. 

I have some spare heated fan washers.  The only thing Lamborghini I'll ever have in my garage; taken from a written off Gallardo. 

On 1/12/2018 at 15:35, flyingpigvrs said:

it's only the heads that are heated. 

The Superb is the 5th VAG car we have had with heated jets (as said above its only the jets and not the pipes) and none of the early ones worked as you would expect then too i.e. stop the jets freezing.

When I inquired about the first car I was told they only operate when you wash the screen thus if the jets are frozen you need to keep the stalk pulled. But it made no difference so stopped bothering.

Never had problems with the Seat and not had problems with the Skoda but that might mean I have not been out when its cold enough.

At least the ones on the Superb are out of the airflow, earlier car had the jets on the bonnet.