Is bilstein suspension standard?

Hi all new to the octy part of the forum but not briskoda previously had fabias, but I have just purchased a 2011 race blue vrs dsg and noticed today it had bilstein shocks on it, as far as I'm aware it's a untouched example so wondered if this was normal, either way I'm after going down the coilover route and was wondering what was a good balance of price,  comfort and quality. I should say I will be swapping wheels for 19s too. What are your recommendations, I was thinking of ap but also what are the budget offerings like, I won't be using car for track only road use. Any help appreciated thanks. 

The Bilstein dampers were  definitely not a standard fit and I don't think a specified option either. The eibach springs were a fit option, possibly dealer fit. 

No experience of coil overs on the Oct II FL,  but if you have decent fresh Bilstein dampers in place (especially if B6 or B8s), you may want to consider new springs (assuming they have not been replaced).

How does the  handling / ride feel now?

Thanks for the replies, the ride is really nice a little bit firm but I prefer that, compared to the others I test drove, but the ride height is still standard that's why I found it strange usually if upgrading shocks you would have put lowering springs on too. 

6 minutes ago, wiilydog said:

Nice, they will be the  expensive mono tube b6 or b8 ones that come with the b12 kit, just upgrade the springs to complete the package as it will be a shame to waste the shocks.

That's good to know thanks. I'm looking at going fairly low, I don't think springs will be enough, unless you have any recommendations 

hallo, I am led to believe coilovers  will give a very firm ride,would advise to stick with conventional set up,to give you the ride comfort you are after. hope this helps a little.:blush