Software update regarding emissions

Bampy

Can't seem to find anything on here concerning the software changes concerning the emissions scandal has anyone had it done by the dealer and did it affect the performance fuel consumption etc of the car and would you recommend getting it done.

There are many threads on the forums and the consensus is DON'T HAVE THE FIX DONE.

Put EA189 into the search box or click here https://www.briskoda.net/forums/search/?&q=Ea189 &sortby=relevancy

My favourite is https://www.hypermiler.co.uk/dieselgate/the-volkswagon-group-is-systematically-refunding-owners-for-egr-failures-after-the-emissions-fix

Scroll down after reading the topic to see the comments from the many people who have suffered from having had the fix applied.

MY CAR WILL NOT BE DONE.

Edited by pikpilot
Typo from predictive text

• 2 weeks later...

Had mine done mid July, then did 1700+ miles on a holiday to Scotland, 1000+ was towing a small trailer.. each time we slowed to a stop it was revving at around 1000rpm instead of 750ish. Engine runs lumpy round town, and the other day I got the exhaust and glow plug lights on... Been back to the main dealer and it needs a new EGR valve fitting... which thankfully Skoda are paying 100% of...

But the general consensus is DON'T!

I had this fix carried out on my 62 plate vrs Cr and have seen absolutely no issues at all. The car is exactly the same as it was before the update was carried. Mine was done at least 6 months ago possibly older will need to check my records for the exact date. 

1 hour ago, Jojo1985g said:

I had this fix carried out on my 62 plate vrs Cr and have seen absolutely no issues at all. The car is exactly the same as it was before the update was carried. Mine was done at least 6 months ago possibly older will need to check my records for the exact date. 

Low mileage cars probably won't suffer from issues 

Plenty of people have had issues, I see no benefit from having this fix done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, seccles81 said:

My saga continues... having been to the local supermarket, we pulled up at home with a VERY strong burning smell... currently waiting on a tech from the local main dealers to arrive

• 4 weeks later...