Few Questions regarding Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI CR LAURIN & KLEMENT DSG

HI folks,

In the next week, I am going to buy a used Skoda Superb L and K Diesel (150 2ltr)

Average price for a 66 plate with around 8k miles on the clock is £20,000.

My questions are:

What is standard with the L and K model over the SE-L Exec? The Skoda brochures aren't exactly helpful or consistent. 

E.g. is traffic jam assist etc standard? I know some cars I will buy, may have optional extras but the ones I have been looking at are the standard trim - the only extra is metallic paint - quartz grey.

Advice and feedback are appreciated.

Thank you.

34 minutes ago, S00perb said:

If you can get a photo of the sticker in the boot, all options can be interpreted via the VAG website

Is this the only way to check? I am looking at a car via motorpoint - I was hoping that L&K trims had a list of standard addons - my hope was the traffic jam assist etc was part of this trim.

Agree, you would need a car that has DSG gearbox and the optional Smart light assist.

You can tell if the car has smart light assist as the headlights have "lashes" in addition to the standard day time running light. Is only available with the Bi Xenon headlights which are standard on L&K.

See attacehd file from Skoda configurator that list spec of L&K. its for a petrol but that should not make a difference. Just be aware that this list is for a current spec car yours may have a few differences, I added smart light assist as an option - its still not std,

CarCard_110844619.pdf

Thanks. I am trying to get info from their live chat. 

All it says on their website is:

•  Sat. Nav.
  •  Heated Seats
  •  Cruise Control
  •  Climate Control
  •  Leather Trim
  •  Electric Folding Mirrors
  •  Privacy Glass
  •  Bluetooth
  •  Parking Sensors
  •  Electric Seats
  •  18" Wheels
  •  DAB Radio
  •  Alloy Wheels

Not overly helpful . . .

Traffic jam assist is part of Adaptive Cruise Control on a DSG fitted car. I had it on my MY15 car that did not have smart (dynamic) light assist. I have attached a copy of the page from the my15 brochure showing the difference between SEL and L&K.

The 'smart' or dynamic light assist is the one that keeps lights on full beam and blanks out oncoming cars etc. Light assist, which is simply automatic high/low beam, is standard on the L&K. All have adaptive light control which varies the shape and span of the light system. 

The TV  tuner disappeared after the initial run.

hth

l&k15.png

Edited by Sagalout
  • Like 1

u DON'T need Smart Light Assist for Traffic Jam Assist.

TJA is an extension of Lane Assist, and ACC in cars with a DSG transmission.

The same camera used by Lane Assist is also used for Light Assist.
Smart Light Assist is an enhanced (next level up) function of Light Assist (i.e. High Beam Assist).