anyway to power reverse camera other than reverse lights?

Jonesjohnson

i have a skoda suberp 2011 with a newly installed eonon ga6153w i have also a backup camera that have 2 +,- wires, an AV yellow cable and a red cable surrounding it.  

my problem is i cant dirrctly poeer the reverse cam from the rear lights as the fuse is meant only fir them so i brought a relay and connected it, it worked but the relay kept buzzing and i figured that the rear light uses pwm, so now im clueless on what to use, does the stereo have any cable for it? does the shift have any? sensors? help

3 minutes ago, S00perb said:

What do you mean the relay buzzes?

The relay will make a buzzing sound as it's being driven with a PWM signal, causing it to turn on/off many times a second :)

Common fix is a capacitor and diode, a quick google should give you some ideas.

so you suggest using a capasitor and diode is easier than finding another source that lights up with reverse?.  

i am a total begginer in electronics so some help would be amazing

Edited by Jonesjohnson

Does it not mention anything in the Eonon instructions? I'm sure my Joying Android head unit had a dedicated wire for the rear cam, as the cable was an RCA and power combined (all I had to in the boot was find an earth) 

• 3 weeks later...