Direct download links for ECE 2018 maps

The latest maps should be ECE2018. That's what my amundsen has after updating from the links posted higher up this thread. The Skoda portal hasn't been updated to reflect the latest update.

11 minutes ago, YMe said:

Skoda update portal for my vehicle offers ECE 2017/2018. My Columbus tells me ECE 2017/2018 is installed.

2017/2018 maps are not the latest ones - the Skoda portal isn't yet offering the latest ones (it's always weeks behind...).

The latest maps just show 2018 - which is what the links in this thread allow you to download.

As I'm never going to drive the car abroad can I safely delete the countries I don't need  from the unzipped file before up dating Columbus? I assuming it's Mib 2 I need for a 2017 Columbus.

On 08/11/2017 at 17:53, aki78 said:

It seems that MIB2 Amundsen data has been uploaded to the Skoda server. :)

Download link for EU1

Download link for EU2

As before, EU is divided into 2 parts. Probably as in the picture.

Untested, somebody pls. confirm that it works.

navi_eu1_eu2.jpg

Thanks - updated my MIB2 Amundsen with the above link last night, it now shows ECE 2018.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/06/2018 at 17:26, coolio2004 said:

Any reason why this wouldn't work on a 2016 Columbus?

When I put in my VIN on the update site, I get HIGH12_P166_EU_2018.zip as a suggested download...

• 1 year later...

Download the maps to your PC and then extract them to a an SD card using winzip or anything that can access/open/extract zip files will do the trick and then insert the card into the Columbus and do the update.

From what I know of it, if you have a Columbus you're not restricted to using the proprietary Skoda SD card and can use any SD card you wish to do the update.

Edited by TheWanderer

On 05/10/2019 at 18:38, winny13 said:

I did it today with a random 32gb SD card and can confirm, that you don't need original skoda SD card to do the update on columbus. USB stick didn't work, so you have to use SD card.

For Columbus MIB1 you can use SD-card, USB stick or even a USB portable hard-drive to perform the update.

However, for the SD-card & USB key I believe there is a maximum size that the Columbus will accept. Maybe your USB stick is too large?

You should copy the complete contents of the zip file to the root of the device so you should have the following:

- Mib1 (folder)

- Mib2 (folder)

- Metadata.ini (I cant remember the exact name of the file but its a ini/txt file)

I'd guess that the Mib2 folder is probably not needed to update Mib1 but I have never tried this while updating mine, I've always had both folders present.