32KOFDATA ///// Octavia vRS Combi (MKIII)

32KOFDATA

7 hours ago, alextz said:

Can you please share the code for the rubber mat in the trunk? I see that with the variable boot set to the lowest variant it still fits.

Sure thing! Not sure why it has got 2 numbers.

LRM_EXPORT_20180522_211648.jpg

• 1 month later...

I just happen to have the hazards on and snapped the pic the moment they were on. 

There is a way to have them on all the time, US style. The info is somewhere on the forum but I can't remember where exactly :(

It bugged me from the start the fact that all vRSs come only with sealant fluid and a compressor rather a proper spare and tools.

Soon I'm off on a long trip and I don't want to take my chances so I tracked down a used 18inch spare which is common in the VW Group (5K0601011AA).

You might find it with slightly different part numbers but essentially it is the same 18inch space saver spare with a Continental tyre on. 

gyDYcvR.jpg

I also tried to find a used spare wheel kit but no luck. So I bought one from Superskoda as the dealer had no idea about price nor availability.

The kit comes with a screw-jack, wheel bolt wrench, a screw for fixing the spare wheel, wheel fastening strap and lifter handle. (5E0093860C)

AHpFXwR.jpg

Notice that this polysterene box has four fins that help keep the boot's floor steady and level. No other box will do with regards to the vRS, combi or hatch.

ZkaUzrd.jpg

49nKoQI.jpg

62UKhJP.jpg

hF0yah3.jpg

uTJk2Ok.jpg

Ι transferred a few things from the other set, the compressor, tow hook etc and other minor things that will sure come handly.

ROwXH0k.jpg

TbN1mkz.jpg

Also on the side pocket it is the perfect space for a fire extinguisher of 2kg. I used the strap for the med kit to hold the extinguisher in place. 

Ried2xS.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Today I received my dynamic led turn signals. There are a few vedors on ebay and AliExpress that sell these, mainly Chinese. The ones I picked up have a light tint. Quality and fitment is good and they work flawlessly for now.
Blind spot area lights up too but due to the tint is not as bright as OEM. As a whole though they are by far much brighter (even during daytime) and more visible than OEM which I always found weak by design.

The only negative I find is that they could be stealthier. The white diffuser inside is visible. I would like it to be much darker when off. I'll probably play around with some tint film and see how it affects the light ouput but to be honest its not a serious issue. To notice it you have to know where to look at.

Got some pics and video for you to compare.

JjTjY6M.jpg

FB8ekUG.jpg

2Q7U9Qz.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 4