MK2 Blackline Stance Wagon - CR170 (now 240BHP) / Fast Road Setup

bullawayo

Hi all, 

I've just bought my first Skoda. My previous car, a 530d e60 with 300bhp, I sadly lost to the weather in the Yorkshire moores last weekend during a snow storm. Hit a 30 degree decline road which was ice and couldn't control the car.

Anyway, this is my new car. I am new to Skoda's but my heart has always been with VAG cars. I have owned various Golfs/Boras/Polos etc including a G40 which was tremendous fun.

Heres an overview:

2012 Octavia vRS Blackline Estate

42k miles

Full skoda history

Some pics from when I picked it up (oop North, i'm located in Basingstoke) on Friday evening:

uwNSPRx.jpg

155WvEo.jpg

And then some from Saturday morning:

4S8Ah14.jpg

1NhQzIu.jpg

GKGVMqY.jpg

L2SvzDH.jpg

QFrv4w4.jpg

V2vcuqg.jpg

I don't tend to hang about with cars, so got straight to it. On Saturday I removed various window stickers, gave her a proper interior clean and checked it over properly. I also fitted some LED number plate lights I had hanging around.

On Sunday I took the car for window tinting:

Rears 20% and a black sunstrip added

aNrNUvA.jpg

Sunstrip/parked up next to one of my good friends Porkas:

DF4zny5.jpg

The car is going into Skoda tomorrow for a major service as it is due (I got the money off the sale to pay for it). I have insisted they replace everything they can do as part of a major service (even if it "passes" visual inspection)

First impressions are good. It is not as quick as my 530d (unsuprisingly) but I have been impressed by how well it moves and the handling for an estate. 

I have also ordered a microphone, and once fitted I will enable bluetooth via VCDS.

Let me know what you guys think

Cheers

Matt

Edited by bullawayo

• 3 weeks later...

So done a few bits over the last couple of days

Ran in a microphone for my Admunsen+ headunit and enabled bluetooth via VCDS.

Decided it would be a great idea when it was -5. Won't be doing that again!

10B0DCD0-F401-4AE6-89B6-B34D41EC2932_zps

Headunit Out

D37A7244-B123-49A1-BCAB-4C1E3045943D_zps

Ran round the back after removing the glovebox, then A pillar trim out

2FFE5C80-BF77-495F-A32D-A85F00FE6FF0_zps

Dome light assembly removed to install mic

6A419F4E-5B6C-487C-8DE1-CA2A4BC54A1B_zps

Very oem fit

3B695058-5453-4A1D-867A-B47EB23D01DC_zps

Got some private reg plates printed (3d gel, shortened) by Fresh Mods UK. Quality is excellent and they all are stamped up etc

439A0AEA-B8C1-4B28-A2C3-7FC5F60225F5_zps

69A02CB1-E7EA-4BC5-B402-B0E584769742_zps

Also fitted a rear wiper delete (glass) bung from killallwipers. Very good quality and tidy's up the rear no end (didn't get a pic)

7300D567-C674-4271-94B8-64602FB7E396_zps

Looking at splitters and a black front grill. Will be removing the Octavia rear boot badge shortly (will keep the VRS one). 

I've also been considering flyeye tinting the headlights black. I installed some Osram Nigthbreaker headlights this week in preperation. I've used flyeye tint before and it doesn't effect light output but thought it was worth chucking in some better headlights anyway. The tint will look something like this (pic from google):

2F1F9CF8-AA6D-4DA9-9B55-97AEDF241026_zps

I like the splitter on that too, anyone know what it is?

Plans at the moment are going to be continuing the tidy up/niggles and all black theme. Theres very little wrong with it though (needs 2 new front tyres and wipers).

Let me know what you think

Edited by bullawayo
whoops

1 minute ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Looks nice all black. Did the dealer tell you it was a Black line Vrs ?  You can't get a Blackline Octavia Vrs. A Blackline is only a 1.6, 5 speed Tdi.

I can't under stand why dealers tell people what things are when there not...................

Hey,

I got it from a trader who said it was.

It also says it on the v5...so...are you sure? The insurance company also referred to it as a blackline when I gave the reg (before I said what it was).

Happy to be corrected

12 hours ago, bullawayo said:

Decided it would be a great idea when it was -5. Won't be doing that again!

Got some private reg plates printed (3d gel, shortened) by Fresh Mods UK. Quality is excellent and they all are stamped up etc

Looking at splitters and a black front grill. Will be removing the Octavia rear boot badge shortly (will keep the VRS one). 

I like the splitter on that too, anyone know what it is?

-5 :D I changed an exhaust on a Panda over Christmas in the snow..... I wont be doing that again either!

Love the plates from FreshModsUK, I bought some GEL ones from them a while ago, really please with them too.

Definitely get the the front splitter! Is it a Reiger one?

6 hours ago, Phillips said:

-5 :D I changed an exhaust on a Panda over Christmas in the snow..... I wont be doing that again either!

Love the plates from FreshModsUK, I bought some GEL ones from them a while ago, really please with them too.

Definitely get the the front splitter! Is it a Reiger one?

Possibly! I will have a look

@Gissin - that looks like the one! Cheers mate

Some better pics of the dewipered rear, from site this morning. First day back at work after the Christmas break :(

65D21A7B-CBA3-4AE0-9E05-F608C4503616_zps

D55B909E-6DBD-431B-BC3C-D55653D2324A_zps

65B745BE-29AA-4D0E-BCFC-653AF84D0F89_zps

Looks a lot cleaner!

Thank you all. 

New number plate lights have arrived. Took 2 weeks! They are sealed units, which i've used on a few cars. Will get them fitted when I get 5 minutes. Not a fan of just changing the bulbs, at least with these any water ingress concerns are gone.

Also ordered a new grill to continue the black theme...

O2F-GRFRM-F9R.jpg

From Super Skoda. Should be here in a couple of days. They do badgeless/black badge options but I want to keep the original badge, just change the grill surround to black.

Was going to paint one myself but would rather do it this way, as should I ever sell (or think it looks bad) I can just change back to the original.

Cheers

Also - had a bizarre issue recently

Maxidot MFD display will only show bluetooth data, and i'm unable to select anything else. It just rotates through all of the bluetooth option menus.

Found a few threads, where they have had no luck. Apparently holding up on the stalk toggle for a couple of minutes will exit the bluetooth menu.

Currently, even when bluetooth is off/phone is disconnected my MFD will just display "device not found" or something similar. Can't seem to exit that menu and tried everything!

Will try the toggle-up-hold suggestion on my lunch break and see if I can get back into the MFD main menu.

It was fine and then all of a sudden i've somehow got stuck in the bluetooth menu for a week..

On 07/01/2018 at 20:10, bullawayo said:

Hey,

I got it from a trader who said it was.

It also says it on the v5...so...are you sure? The insurance company also referred to it as a blackline when I gave the reg (before I said what it was).

Happy to be corrected

Happy it’s a Blackline yet? Because it is :)

Got mine from new, 62 plate. Black wheels, Amundsen+ Radio, black leather. And a bargain price. As far as I know they were all diesel and pre built, you could add no factory fit options, 500 were made but no numbering on them.

7B1BF4E1-BFF3-4E12-B712-C40948E82119.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Yeah will be blacking most of it out. Going for subtle mods though. 

I wasnt meant to be modifying this but I can’t help myself lol

Just fitted my new numberplate lights after they took weeks to come. Error cancelling sealed units, super bright and much better :)

559F09B4-0F70-4774-8958-34A54694424C_zps

A better photo of the number plate lights...back end starting to look a lot better/cleaner now!

numberplatelights_zps4lx93yuw.jpg

Apologies for the amount of photos, but I like to do this so I can track what i've done and when. Its more for personal reference than anything else :)

Now i've finally had a chance to clean the car properly, i've noticed how excellent the wheel condition is. I'm guessing they have been refurbed just before I purchased.

However, centre caps are showing signs of age.

As such, I will be ordering some replacements soon...

centrecap_zpso6fsfvmu.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bullawayo,

I'm also in Basingstoke and got my first Skoda ( MK2 Octy FL Combi VRS ) just before Christmas and whats really spoooooky my previous ride was an old school BMW E39 Tourer - luckily, I just sold it on in one bit! sorry to read about yours, but glad it's occupants were okay...

On 2/3/2018 at 15:01, MAW said:

Hi bullawayo,

I'm also in Basingstoke and got my first Skoda ( MK2 Octy FL Combi VRS ) just before Christmas and whats really spoooooky my previous ride was an old school BMW E39 Tourer - luckily, I just sold it on in one bit! sorry to read about yours, but glad it's occupants were okay...

Nice one! Been looking at local meets if you are interested? 

Love an e39, had one when I was younger.