Vrs 245 production stopped

OliR

1 minute ago, alex_duffman said:

Yeah that's what I keep thinking. I've currently got a 2013 Mazda 6 diesel sport 175.....and it drives like a boat coz it's so big so has to drive better than that. Also the dpf Regens like every 200 miles so the consumption is all over the shop. I'm done with diesel, too much mixed driving. I used to have the MK1 fabia Vrs which is still my favourite car I've ever had. Absolute pocket rocket that was, with a few mods done. 

I've been told I can still order one but won't get a build date so they presuming 6 months.....haha. 

That's how long it took to get my previous vRS, a pre facelift Mk3 TDI so I wouldn't worry. Do you do a lot of short journeys? My last diesel was a A4 3.0TDI 17 plate, did 12,000 miles in 6 months and I never noticed a DPF regen, probably did it on the motorway when I didn't notice.  

4 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

That's how long it took to get my previous vRS, a pre facelift Mk3 TDI so I wouldn't worry. Do you do a lot of short journeys? My last diesel was a A4 3.0TDI 17 plate, did 12,000 miles in 6 months and I never noticed a DPF regen, probably did it on the motorway when I didn't notice.  

Yeah, lots of mixed driving including short runs in town. Think it's an issue with the early Mazda 6 skyactiv diesel engines. Lots of other owners have had an issue with it hence another reason why I want to jump ship. 

Tbh 6 months doesn't overly bother me. I know it will come round sooner than i think. I'd be more frustrated if I had a build date then that kept being pushed back like others have had. 

I've just been quizzing the Skoda live chat folks about my order and I took the opportunity to see what their take on this was. According to them, they're not taking any more orders and the parent company made that decision, but gave no reasons for them to pass on. Who knows...

22 hours ago, juan27 said:

Seems bizarre. Still residuals will be through the roof for the next couple of years if they are really stopping making them now.

That's what people said about the 230, a few months later the 245 was announced.

3 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

I cant see residuals being so great on these as they have flooded the mkt via the lease deals.

Those lease deal cars won't be available on the used market for 2-3 years, that was my point, but Skoda haven't really stopped making the 245 as far as I can see,  so its all a bit academic

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

Got three offers through CarWow so dealers appear to be still interested in taking orders?    

All of the offers are automated based on a blanket discount. i.e Octavia's get 7% discount, Fabia's get 9% etc. Nothing is confirmed until you actually place an order and even then the dealer can place the order but the factory may still reject it.

Just now, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

All of the offers are automated based on a blanket discount. i.e Octavia's get 7% discount, Fabia's get 9% etc. Nothing is confirmed until you actually place an order and even then the dealer can place the order but the factory may still reject it.

Not true in my experience. When I ordered my 245 in the first few weeks of availability you could get 15% off a FL Octavia SE L or FL cooking VRS but the 245 was only about 12% IIRC.  That's from the same dealer, cash purchase offers.

I take your point that a dealer taking an order is not the same as the factory agreeing to build it.  

40 minutes ago, Dodgy said:

That's what people said about the 230, a few months later the 245 was announced.

Fair enough. I will be slightly peaved if the MY2019 Top Dog VRS turns out to be an upgrade on the 245.  But hey there's always a better model coming. 

Just now, juan27 said:

Not true in my experience. When I ordered my 245 in the first few weeks of availability you could get 15% off a FL Octavia SE L or FL cooking VRS but the 245 was only about 12% IIRC.  That's from the same dealer, cash purchase offers.

I take your point that a dealer taking an order is not the same as the factory agreeing to build it.  

The first messages and offers on carwow are fully automated, you only get a human if you reply. I ran the carwow stuff for the Audi dealer I worked for. The percentages were only examples picked out of thin air. But still, discounts are irrelevant if the factory aren't building anymore.

43 minutes ago, Orville said:

That would hit Golf R and A4 quattro sales so I doubt whether it would happen.

The Golf R has already moved to 310ps and I can see it moving even further forwards. Seat now have a 300ps model so fingers crossed, we still have a couple of years to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Orville said:

That would hit Golf R and A4 quattro sales so I doubt whether it would happen.

Well you could say the same about the Leon ST Cupra 300 4Drive and they let them make that?   

Edited by juan27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wet Kipper said:

and what would they do for a "special" Superb ?

Difficult one but I don't think a highly strung 2.0 turbo really suits it anyway.  Maybe the Audi 2.5 out of the RS3?

Edited by juan27

Soooo.......has anyone got any solid info on what is actually going on?   Sounds to me as though there's just a hiatus in the factory accepting orders for the 245 whilst they get lead times back down to half acceptable levels.

They certainly haven't stopped producing the 245 (or there will be a lot of disappointed people currently waiting for 2018 deliveries).   

Edited by juan27

5 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Soooo.......has anyone got any solid info on what is actually going on?   Sounds to me as though there's just a hiatus in the factory accepting orders for the 245 whilst they get lead times back down to half acceptable levels.

They certainly haven't stopped producing the 245 (or there will be a lot of disappointed people currently waiting for 2018 deliveries).   

If it's the end of Production like the Pre FL 230 all Customer orders already excepted will be built but Dealer Orders ( Showroom/demos cars, etc etc ) will be  be cancelled