Order placed

del-gti

1.0 TSi SE Tech DSG in Energy Blue. No options, or extras and was happy with the free colour which looks much nicer than the Pacific Blue of the Octavia (car is being leased). 

Placed the the order through local dealer yesterday, so thought I'd post here to let others track delivery time. I'm hoping it'll be a bit quicker due to the basic spec requirements but we'll see. No lead time as yet but I'll post when I know more.

Has anyone else actually ordered one yet?

I have ordered exactly the same but in Candy White two days ago from the local dealer.

I was told to expect delivery mid-end February. Fingers crossed (my Yeti PCH ends Jan 31st).

The wait begins...

2 hours ago, del-gti said:

1.0 TSi SE Tech DSG in Energy Blue. No options, or extras and was happy with the free colour which looks much nicer than the Pacific Blue of the Octavia (car is being leased). 

Placed the the order through local dealer yesterday, so thought I'd post here to let others track delivery time. I'm hoping it'll be a bit quicker due to the basic spec requirements but we'll see. No lead time as yet but I'll post when I know more.

Has anyone else actually ordered one yet?

We ordered an identical one a week ago but we also opted for a full size spare wheel.  My wife wanted Energy Blue, so I don't argue.

3 hours ago, Ricey7000 said:

We’ve ordered a 1.5 Tsi manual in Style specification (Irish Spec) in Laser White.  Delivery expected end January

Laser White? i thought it was only black or beige? 

Just ordered a 1.0 TSI DSG SEL model in Candy white with black interior, a few factory options full size spare wheel, light assist, park assist and scuff plates on the door sills. Build date 2 week in January, delivery around early to mid February. The nice touch from the dealership, (Fish Brothers Skoda, Swindon) being present when the car is being ordered on the Skoda/VW ordering portal.

This car is going to big change from, Skoda Octavia VRS 2.0 TDI.

Edited by Scuba Steve 827

On 11/17/2017 at 21:22, Scuba Steve 827 said:

Just ordered a 1.0 TSI DSG SEL model in Candy white with black interior, a few factory options full size spare wheel, light assist, park assist and scuff plates on the door sills. Build date 2 week in January, delivery around early to mid February. The nice touch from the dealership, (Fish Brothers Skoda, Swindon) being present when the car is being ordered on the Skoda/VW ordering portal.

This car is going to big change from, Skoda Octavia VRS 2.0 TDI.

Aaaargh, I wish I knew the SEL wait times are 2 weeks less for the SEL trim (compared to SE Technology).

11 hours ago, vadimo said:

Do you guys think that West London Skoda (lookers) are likely to get quicker building slot available than other outer London dealers? 

Location dictates queue priority. 

Unless individual dealers are allocated a "release quota" or have pre-order demo stock incoming, I would asuume they all jump to the end of exactly the same queue.

On 17/11/2017 at 17:36, Ricey7000 said:

We’ve ordered a 1.5 Tsi manual in Style specification (Irish Spec) in Laser White.  Delivery expected end January

Just to update, got a call from dealer this afternoon, car has a confirmed week 1 build date and is frozen, so no more spec changes allowed.  

37 minutes ago, Ricey7000 said:

Just to update, got a call from dealer this afternoon, car has a confirmed week 1 build date and is frozen, so no more spec changes allowed.  

Excellent news. Though you'll be hoping the Czech workers aren't too hungover after the new year celebrations. 

I'm expecting a call this week too. 

6 hours ago, Orville said:

Unless individual dealers are allocated a "release quota" or have pre-order demo stock incoming, I would asuume they all jump to the end of exactly the same queue.

I think so too, got response from London and Surrey dealers comming up with same 3-4 months need time 

Excellent news. Though you'll be hoping the Czech workers aren't too hungover after the new year celebrations.

lol,  I’m hoping they’ll come back full of vim and vigour , ready  to do a great job assembling my car!!!

Edited by Ricey7000

• 2 weeks later...