Octavia Sportline - I'm confused!?!

I was under the impression that the Sportline trim was introduced as there were no plans for a vRS Superb and the Monte Carlo trim was deemed to not reflect the more mature/executive market that Skoda was aiming for with the Superb.  Ditto with the Kodiaq but now it appears a vRS may be along any minute...

So why, oh why are Skoda now building the Octavia Sportline when they already have an established 'sportier' model in the vRS?   

Superb Sportline 280ps, DSG / AWD,

now if they just do that with an Octavia they can drop the vRS name or just leve it as it is with Warm Hatch / Estates or trim level for sporty look Diesels.

If you change anything on the basic Car configurator, then the Sportline will show as “not available”. It’s only available with the Style option. It’s what I’ve ordered with a few extras (posted details elsewhere on the site). 

Also, that link is old - the current Sportline, in addition to the Style gets:

17” Hawk

Sunset tinted windows

Black door mirrors

Rear lip spoiler

Decorative foils

Sports steering wheel (D - flat bottomed)

LED headlights with dynamic angle control

Telescopic headlight washers

Ambient interior lighting

KESSY (engine start / stop - not entry/full)

Fog light with corner function

DRIVER fatigue alert system

Edited by SeanG

The Sportline spec adds €1950 to the Style cost. I’ve added a “few” extras over and above this as well..... :D

45 minutes ago, nidza said:

Strange photos, doesn't Ireland drive on the same road side as in the rest of the UK?

Stock photo. Yes UK drives on the same side of the road as Ireland...:)

Edited by SeanG
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Info page is in the link. You can navigate to the configuratior from there. 

https://www.skoda.co.uk/new-cars/octavia/octavia-hatch-sportline

Thanks, very much a reminder of the Black Edition, nice wheels & a lotta of styling extras.

If you wanna vRS looks WITHOUT the performance, its just what you need

Might make sense as a petrol, diesel version not much cheaper than vRS equivalent.

Sportline 1.5 TSi > vRS 245 = £3,755

Sportline 2.0 TDi dsg > vRS 184 dsg = £1,320

Spec levels similar to vRS, but no LED interior lighting, no high LED tails, no colour trip computer and no lane assist. Presumably also no multi-link rear suspension. 

Edited by Czechers

On 03/02/2019 at 21:38, themanwithnoaim said:

If you wanna vRS looks WITHOUT the performance, its just what you need

That appears to be about it.

Sadly they got it the wrong way round - On the other hand vRS performance WITHOUT the looks would be nice, I'd have one in Cappuccino Beige with a manual box.

Sportline variant has been available in Ireland for a number of years - mine is a Jan 18 model. Extras over the top spec Style included 9.2 Columbus which has sat Nav, Hawk 17” wheels, interior ambient lighting, red or grey VRS-style interior (I went with grey), Full LED front and rear lights, and a few other extras. I added full parking, sunroof, heated seats and windscreen and a few extras. Garage added Canton. 

0530BD61-7048-4BC1-A75B-28C046A19DFD.jpeg

56924FC6-0620-4C42-8A38-CB413C5EF471.jpeg

B26A868B-8720-43D2-8D63-AECAFEF207F2.jpeg

7F85D9F0-6E23-4A65-94ED-4487D449FEEE.jpeg

Edited by SeanG
  • Like 1